Reserving a table for two

sapete

We will be on the Dream on the 25th.  We have early dining but we would like a table for two.  This is our first time with early dining on Carnival. How do we go about reserving a two-top?  I’m assuming we would need to visit the maître d' stand when we board,  Looking for guidance,  TIA!

Yes you can ask the maitre d in the dining room when you board. They will do their best to accommodate. Be forewarned that early dining is probably the most popular dining choice, so it might not be possible for you to have a private table. And many of the 2-top tables are literally inches apart so there isn't a great deal of privacy anyway. But they'll do their best.

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor

Request a private table for two, unless you want to be so close you can hear and see what the people beside you are eating. I would arrive as early as possible.

36 minutes ago, gtouch said:

My wife and I always ask for a table for two when we travel with our kids.

Meh, I disagree on this one. Maybe it's just me, but I enjoy having dinner with my boys and another family.  Do you mean, you and wife are at a two top next to your kids are next to you at another two top? This just seems awkward like you're at BW3's to watch the game.  

21 minutes ago, Pika8347 said:

Meh, I disagree on this one. Maybe it's just me, but I enjoy having dinner with my boys and another family.  Do you mean, you and wife are at a two top next to your kids are next to you at another two top? This just seems awkward like you're at BW3's to watch the game.  

I was just being funny which apparently went over your head. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thanks all.  I have had both the “private” and the “inches apart” 2-tops on HAL and I just wanted to confirm the drill.  We have suite boarding so we are dropping our bags and head straight to the maitre d.  Wish us luck!

Not sure if this still works, but pre-Covid I was told to email the Maitre D (I'm sure the email addresses are on here somewhere).  I emailed on two occasions and instead of asking for a table for two, I requested a booth for two.  Email the week before your cruise when they are working on assigning tables.  I didn't get an answer from one but was assigned a booth both times.  Some say that this is annoying for the Maitre D, but I asked both when I was onboard and was told that it wasn't an issue at all for him - he was assigning tables anyway.  I've been on over 30 cruises, but only asked those two times as it was a special occasion.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sc4125 said:

Not sure if this still works, but pre-Covid I was told to email the Maitre D (I'm sure the email addresses are on here somewhere).  I emailed on two occasions and instead of asking for a table for two, I requested a booth for two.  Email the week before your cruise when they are working on assigning tables.  I didn't get an answer from one but was assigned a booth both times.  Some say that this is annoying for the Maitre D, but I asked both when I was onboard and was told that it wasn't an issue at all for him - he was assigning tables anyway.  I've been on over 30 cruises, but only asked those two times as it was a special occasion.

This is something that has been requested to NOT BE DONE. The Maitre D's are not expected, nor required to respond to guest emails. In fact, I think Carnival finally locked these emails down to stop accepting email from outside. With that said, you can contact John Heald on his Facebook page 5 days before your cruise with your request and he will send the request in. Just note, it's just a request, not a guarantee.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, sc4125 said:

Maitre D's are no longer accessible via email. I'm sure the email addresses are still out there for most of the ships but I would doubt that those email addresses are monitored anymore. Best bet is to go to the MDR entrance on embarkation day, the Maitre D is there to take special requests and dining arrangement changes at that time.

5 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Maitre D's are no longer accessible via email. I'm sure the email addresses are still out there for most of the ships but I would doubt that those email addresses are monitored anymore. Best bet is to go to the MDR entrance on embarkation day, the Maitre D is there to take special requests and dining arrangement changes at that time.

Thank you for the updated info.  

8 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

This is something that has been requested to NOT BE DONE. The Maitre D's are not expected, nor required to respond to guest emails. In fact, I think Carnival finally locked these emails down to stop accepting email from outside. With that said, you can contact John Heald on his Facebook page 5 days before your cruise with your request and he will send the request in. Just note, it's just a request, not a guarantee.

I have had good luck in contacting John Heald.

On 3/18/2023 at 7:31 PM, mz-s said:

Be forewarned that early dining is probably the most popular dining choice, so it might not be possible for you to have a private table.

I believe that John said the YTD is now the most popular choice. On our last few cruises, it was on both levels of the the dining room because there were so many.

Edited by Lee Cruiser
  • Like 1

Why bother John Heald for this request when you can go to the dining room on embarkation day and request it yourself.  

We have never had a problem getting a table for 2.  Sometimes you may have to wait for the second day for the matre d to accommodate you.

12 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

or you can just use the hub app when you make your reservation and pick a table for 2.

You don't make a reservation with set dining. You have the same table all cruise - in fact, the last time I had set dining my table number was printed on my S&S card.

1 minute ago, mz-s said:

You don't make a reservation with set dining. You have the same table all cruise - in fact, the last time I had set dining my table number was printed on my S&S card.

ahh right my bad sorry read that wrong.

• Like 1

I took the suggestion of sending a message to John Heald and I received this gracious message back six hours later:

Good morning, thank you so much for writing and I hope you’re looking forward to having a fabulous time. I will certainly see what I can do to help you. Wishing you the best of times.

Thanks to everyone!