Just Received Our Cruise Documents

WLVTRVLR

3 hours ago, welshfamily said:

If so may we ask who did you message?

2 hours ago, Techno123 said:

I logged into my account and at the very bottom of the page there is a contact us form where you can submit an enquiry.

.............. or just ring the Southampton office  to avoid any confusion as to the luggage tags you are seeking (phone number at top of their webpage). Usually easy to get through and all their reps are extremely helpful 🙂

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like Regent “trialled” the inferior pre-cruise package on us in Europe and it was “successful” so is now being rolled out in the USA!

I don’t imagine it’s going to go down too well 😬……

For those in the US….

We would like to advise you of an upcoming change regarding our travel documentation policy.

Following a successful trial for our guests in Europe, all guests with bookings for sailings commencing after June 1, 2023, will now receive travel documentation via email approximately 21 days prior to sailing.

While guests are welcome to print and carry paper documentation, it will now also be an option to embark Regent ships with digital documentation presented on smart devices.

Please note, the following will be sent direct to guests only, by traditional mail, replacing the current hard copy travel documentation pack:

Welcome Letter with information on how to mange their booking and prepare for their voyage, including links to downloadable travel documentation.

Luggage tags indicating deck number to attach to their belongings once they have arrived at the embarkation port.

Loyalty luggage tags will be awarded onboard along with the Seven Seas Society pins to celebrate the achievement of reaching a new tier level.  Should you have any questions, please contact your Regent Seven Seas Cruises' Sales Representative. 

On behalf of the entire Regent Family, we want to express our sincere thanks and appreciation for your continued partnership and loyalty.

We look forward to welcoming your clients onboard.

Warm Regards,

Regent

• Like 2

They have just cheapened the Regent experience.  Receiving the documents in the envelope always made the cruise experience start out on a special note.  Now getting documents from a regent will feel no more special than what we would receive from any mainline cruise line.  Bad form Regent!  JMHO

• Like 4

Well everything is getting more and more costly….food, any type of travel, clothes, you name it. I except that.

If Regent needs to cut the cost of doing business to maintain their wonderful on board service at a price I can live with, I am fine with the precruise stuff coming by email and printing my luggage tags. We got three binders for our Dec cruises and they all went in the trash after we got the luggage tags out. They are bulky to pack and I am fine with getting the needed stuff by email or on the ship. The  binder looked nice but was just wasted money as were the mailers we don’t get as we took our name off the list some time ago.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cwn said:

Well everything is getting more and more costly….food, any type of travel, clothes, you name it. I except that.

If Regent needs to cut the cost of doing business to maintain their wonderful on board service at a price I can live with, I am fine with the precruise stuff coming by email and printing my luggage tags. We got three binders for our Dec cruises and they all went in the trash after we got the luggage tags out. They are bulky to pack and I am fine with getting the needed stuff by email or on the ship. The  binder looked nice but was just wasted money as were the mailers we don’t get as we took our name off the list some time ago.

I agree 100%. I suspect that the newer (younger) the client, the less they care about documents and the more likely they are to have everything on their phone. This is a world-wide trend that isn't going to change.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I agree 100%. I suspect that the newer (younger) the client, the less they care about documents and the more likely they are to have everything on their phone. This is a world-wide trend that isn't going to change.

We are not younger clients, but I agree with you. Our kids travel nearly paperless and they are in their 50’s!

Well, based on recent postings, we just made it over the wire before change in procedure.  Our "old fashioned" documents (have not been in a leather binder for the past year's cruises) for upcoming May 31th Navigator sailing(s) beginning at NYC arrived via FedEx on May 5th.  

Will have to adjust to yet-another "paperless" reality.  As usual, my dear wife will handle all the technical ramifications of this reality by downloading and printing out whatever we have to download and print out incident to preparing for this September's Explorer Vancouver-Tokyo adventure.  Fortunately, already have the leather tags. 

Somehow, somehow, we will find time to ruminate on this while enjoying our first glass of bubbly on the 31st.  

GOARMY!

As cruisers anticipating our first Regent cruise, I can't say this is good news.  I mean, who doesn't like getting a nice shiny to unwrap in anticipation of the big event?

Don't get me wrong, we'll live(I suspect the phrase "successful trial in Europe" translates to "well, nobody actually cancelled over this.")

Oh well, at least, unlike Ticket Master, they're not going to charge us a "convenience fee" to print our own documents.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

I suspect the phrase "successful trial in Europe" translates to "well, nobody actually cancelled over this."

As far as I know...though we have certainly made our opinions heard!

I agree about the lavish pleather wallets and so on...costly to produce and those of us who have been travelling with Regent for some years probably have a collection of them.  But we do need some pre-cruise things, eg luggage tags!  My thought is that Regent's challenge is to come up with a "slimmed down" alternative; something worth getting as part of the luxury pre-cruise experience but which is eco-friendly and less costly to make/send.  I'm thinking furoshiki...with the labels etc inside 🙂 

Edited by Gilly
  • Like 6

I am glad they are going more digital and not sending me the various folders, bags etc that we received in the past. I have a collection of these useless items and are happy to be part of cost savings that don't impact my actual trip. I would rather they do this then cost save on my cruise. 

Maybe Regent would consider sending these items to first time cruisers as a welcome to the line and then go more digital on any return cruises. 

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, 1982CruzStart said:

I am glad they are going more digital and not sending me the various folders, bags etc that we received in the past. I have a collection of these useless items and are happy to be part of cost savings that don't impact my actual trip. I would rather they do this then cost save on my cruise. 

Maybe Regent would consider sending these items to first time cruisers as a welcome to the line and then go more digital on any return cruises. 

That is an excellent idea!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1982CruzStart said:

This is exactly what I was trying but failed to get at.  It would be nice to have that one Regent souvenir.  After that an envelope with luggage tags is completely sufficient.  I already have a stack of pleather document folders from another lux line gathering dust on a closet shelf.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

This is exactly what I was trying but failed to get at.  It would be nice to have that one Regent souvenir.  After that an envelope with luggage tags is completely sufficient.  I already have a stack of pleather document folders from another lux line gathering dust on a closet shelf.  

They are still giving out the good luggage tags when you hit SS levels....

• Like 2

21 hours ago, cwn said:

In total agreement.  We discussed this very subject when we received our package for our last cruise.  Was basically a waste of money/material.  Perfectly ok with this new procedure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

All I want are the plastic luggage tags. How do we get them?

sheila

They are being dropped as I understand it. You will get the color tags for Regent and will get the SSS level tags....but I bet you could ask for some on board. They are not going to turn down a long time client asking for a set of $5 luggage tags.

15 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

They are being dropped as I understand it. You will get the color tags for Regent and will get the SSS level tags....but I bet you could ask for some on board. They are not going to turn down a long time client asking for a set of $5 luggage tags.

How do you get the color tags? I assume you mean the tags used to identify your deck, name and suite number. I do not need any more luggage tags. 
sheila

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

How do you get the color tags? I assume you mean the tags used to identify your deck, name and suite number. I do not need any more luggage tags. 
sheila

The color tags will be mailed to you before your trip - no change there.

• Like 1

Just now, Pcardad said:

The color tags will be mailed to you before your trip - no change there.

Thanks… that’s not the way I read it. It seems that you will get these tags by email …and you print them…., fill in the information …..and staple it to your luggage. Was I wrong in my interpretation?

sheila

2 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Thanks… that’s not the way I read it. It seems that you will get these tags by email …and you print them…., fill in the information …..and staple it to your luggage. Was I wrong in my interpretation?

sheila

"Please note, the following will be sent direct to guests only, by traditional mail, replacing the current hard copy travel documentation pack...Luggage tags indicating deck number to attach to their belongings once they have arrived at the embarkation port."

I truncated a little bit of the original email but it seems you will still get the colored sticky tags.

25 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

"Please note, the following will be sent direct to guests only, by traditional mail, replacing the current hard copy travel documentation pack...Luggage tags indicating deck number to attach to their belongings once they have arrived at the embarkation port."

I truncated a little bit of the original email but it seems you will still get the colored sticky tags.

Just reread the emails for future cruises. So it seems…. We will receive documents and luggage tags. No more regular luggage tags and cases and pouches. This is fine for me. 
sheila

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 1982CruzStart said:

If these items were useless, then why do you have a collection of them? Seems like they might have some value as a souvenir of your cruise.

I would like them to stop printing and sending us advertising. We receive way too many of them, often multiples per week, and some in variations of our names, so not based on the cruises we've taken. We receive Oceania advertisements when we have no interest in taking Oceania rather than Regent. We have found no way to stop these. They are way more a waste of paper than cruise documents.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 9:37 AM, wishIweretravelling said:

I’ve been cruising Regent for a while now, and have received multiples of the various types of packaging they use. I recently took most of them to a local mission for its thrift store, and requested through my TA that Regent stop sending that packaging. It’s nice, but I don’t need it, and Regent doesn’t need the small extra expense.

So yesterday I received my package for my upcoming May 5 cruise. And they honored my request. No outer bag, no portfolio folder. They also left out the various brochures and booklets that I’ve seen oh-so-many times. Just the paper folder, the summary, and the luggage tags.  That works for me, for Regent, and for the landfill.

You recently took your Regent packaging to a local mission thrift store? Why would they need or want that? You already told Regent that you didn't want it, so why do they.Give the local mission a monetary donation instead. If you can afford to cruise on Regent, you don't need to donate things that are worthless to charity.

There are many new Regent cruisers at this point, and they should have the same welcome that we received in the past. And there are certainly some older Regent cruisers that may not feel comfortable without their expected hard copy documentation rather than needing to do things online.