Anyone ever gotten a LOUNGER on a normal Yacht Club Balcony?

LoungerOnBalcony55

As my handle suggests, I like having a lounger on the balcony. 

Has anyone ever pulled this off on the Meraviglia or Virtuosa? I know it would be a very tight squeeze, but I'd be solo so by removing one of the two chairs it looks doable - albeit it would need to of course be facing forward or aft. 

2 minutes ago, LoungerOnBalcony55 said:

Well that's my hope, of course! I'm wondering what the odds of the answer to that request being "no." It is for sure a very tight fit...

If so, insist they meet your request.

Just now, gmbhardy said:

We’ve had no problems requesting and getting lounger(s) on all our YC cruises.

Interesting. Were you in cabins equivalent to the normal ones on Meraviglia/Virtuosa type ships (which have pretty shallow balconies), or did you have a deeper one with more space? 

YC balconies are all pretty much the same size, except the RS and OS.

Those already have loungers.

Removing chair(s) makes adding a lounger possible.

Our attitude is that it never hurts to ask ( nicely) but, do not force the issue.

Hope for ,the best but accept the results.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, phissy said:

YC balconies are all pretty much the same size, except the RS and OS.

Those already have loungers.

Removing chair(s) makes adding a lounger possible.

Our attitude is that it never hurts to ask ( nicely) but, do not force the issue.

Hope for ,the best but accept the results.

You and Hamrag sound like two very different people 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LoungerOnBalcony55 said:

Interesting. Were you in cabins equivalent to the normal ones on Meraviglia/Virtuosa type ships (which have pretty shallow balconies), or did you have a deeper one with more space? 

We’ve sailed in the YC on the Seaside, Seashore and Meraviglia and I’m fairly certain we had at least one lounger on all the balconies.

1 hour ago, LoungerOnBalcony55 said:

What did your butler say to you when you asked? 

Wrote it on a list with our other special requests, of which there were very few, just the lounger, an extra bath towel, and a few Coke Zeros for the mini-bar. We received the Cokes, but no lounger, and ZERO bath towels at evening turndown. Not a great start, but things have improved. The lounger was less important to me than having at least one bath towel each!

5 minutes ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

Wrote it on a list with our other special requests, of which there were very few, just the lounger, an extra bath towel, and a few Coke Zeros for the mini-bar. We received the Cokes, but no lounger, and ZERO bath towels at evening turndown. Not a great start, but things have improved. The lounger was less important to me than having at least one bath towel each!

Ask again.

The balcony should easily fit a lounger, and it never hurts to ask. Especially if it’s some thing that is important to you and will make the cruise better. What we found on our last yacht club experience was that you’d have to ask twice for a few things initially, but once we got into a rhythm with our butler, it was definitely smooth sailing.

I love a good balcony, and I think your cruise critic name is awesome. 

warmest, Amy

• 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, LoungerOnBalcony55 said:

I've seen some recent reviews where people said repeated requests for loungers on YC balconies (standard size balconies, not the larger suites) were ignored or refused. 

Any recent updates on this specific topic? 

We're in a GS on Seascape in September. Balcony looks pretty big but with no lounger. I know it's not considered one of the larger suites but looks like the balcony could definitely accommodate at least one, in addition to the chairs and the is it a foot stool or is it a table thingie. Was definitely planning on asking for one. I love lounging with my Kindle on the balcony.

We were on Seaside recently and asked for a lounger for the YC balcony.  Definite NO, even after speaking to the YC Manager, although I didn't press the issue.  I believe it very much depends on the YC Manager attitude.  

Edited by mickey89

Just off the Grandiosa and a lounger was no problem. We would have gotten two, but balcony was too small. 

In general I am wondering why MSC provides so uncomfy chairs, despite other cruise lines, short backrest and they do not recline. I need to ask on my next cruise.

IMG_1756.jpeg