Gifting on board credit

Hi, my parents are going on their first cruise in over 12 years. I wanted to surprise them with on board credit or even a gift certificate they can use for their upcoming cruise. I cannot find any option on the website or any option when I call. Was curious if this is even something that is offered? Thanks in advance 🙂

15 minutes ago, jessv12 said:

Hi, my parents are going on their first cruise in over 12 years. I wanted to surprise them with on board credit or even a gift certificate they can use for their upcoming cruise. I cannot find any option on the website or any option when I call. Was curious if this is even something that is offered? Thanks in advance 🙂

https://www.royalcaribbeancertificates.com

I've used this site many times

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jessv12 said:

Thank you so much! 😊

Make sure they spend it BEFORE they sail.  I see a lot of posts where people are very upset that they took their gift certificates onboard and were told they were unusable.  So they'll need to call and have the gift certificate turned into onboard credit well before sailing.  

image.png.381024e142b3c413153a5a03f98f36ac.png

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rockmom said:

Make sure they spend it BEFORE they sail.  I see a lot of posts where people are very upset that they took their gift certificates onboard and were told they were unusable.  So they'll need to call and have the gift certificate turned into onboard credit well before sailing.  

yup, I had to redeem my last one two weeks prior to my sailing.

• Like 1

You have to CALL Gifts and Gear (800-722-5443 in the US) and request the purchase of OBC.

You obviously need the guest name, ship, sail date and reservation number to add it.

• Like 4

I was in this same situation a few months ago - I wanted to buy OBC for other cabins.   You'll get the wrong answer from everyone you call at Royal, unless you call the Gifts and Gear number that @icsys mentioned.  It will be true OBC.  

Buying a Gift Certificate is also possible, but will need to be converted to OBC by calling again AFTER final payment but BEFORE sailing date - too much of a pain in the butt process, imo. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Toddcan said:

Buying a Gift Certificate is also possible, but will need to be converted to OBC by calling again AFTER final payment but BEFORE sailing date - too much of a pain in the butt process, imo. 

We got one for Christmas. It was quite easy. We received an email ... see below. We went to the website and provided the requested info and said we wanted to use as OBC. The person giving the gift did not need to know our reservation number. 

With a Royal Caribbean Gift Certificate, the possibilities are endless.

You can use it for extra perks onboard or even to help pay for your cruise.

Just remember to redeem your gift at least 10 business days before you set sail.

Certificate Serial Number:  xxxxxxxxxxx

Certificate Authorization Code: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Redeem by Phone: 1-800-722-5970

Redeem Online: RoyalCaribbeanCertificates.com

ok, so slightly off the topic, yet similar... If I am on the cruise with my adult children, can I just put a set amount from my credit card on to their account at boarding, or do I have to go to guest services, and wait in that dang line?  Thanks in advance.

40 minutes ago, nimbex1970 said:

If I am on the cruise with my adult children, can I just put a set amount from my credit card on to their account at boarding, or do I have to go to guest services, and wait in that dang line? 

Other than seeing account activity in the app, you can’t make any adjustments to it without visiting GS. 

• Thanks 1