Just booked Azamara Journey Spice Route for 2024! Question on stateroom location.

b_short

We are super excited to take this cruise in 2024! It has been a goal of mine to sail on an R-class vessel since they were built, and it's finally going to happen for my 50th birthday! We booked the 26-day spice route on the Journey from Singapore to Greece. We wanted to get V1, and the only staterooms left were either next to the elevators, or next to the laundry room. We know we definitely do not want to be next to the elevators, so we chose laundry room. Our room is 7081, on the starboard side. My question is -- for anyone who has stayed in this location, how bad is the noise from the laundry? Will we hear machines running, and people chatting there? I am thinking of maybe going to V2 to move further aft. Even though V1 is technically mid-ship, we're at the end of the section, so a few more doors down would be in V2, and that would be further from the laundry and the elevators. Should we consider moving more aft? I don't think there is any difference between V1 and V2 except location, but please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

I just booked this too. Transferring from similar route on Oceania, which is longer but not necessarily better for us, and four times the price.  Feeling great for saving money as well as nabbing an accessible cabin which I increasingly need. 

• Like 1

We are sailing on this itinerary this year, our fifth try, leaving in about 5 weeks.  We booked really early and have a cabin on the back of the ship.  Hoping it's not too accessible to the pirates if there are any!!

Perhaps if you check our roll call Quest May 5, 2023, you might pick up some ideas for excursions.  Bon Voyage to you all.

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2023 at 5:44 AM, TeaBag said:

We are sailing on this itinerary this year, our fifth try, leaving in about 5 weeks.  We booked really early and have a cabin on the back of the ship.  Hoping it's not too accessible to the pirates if there are any!!

Perhaps if you check our roll call Quest May 5, 2023, you might pick up some ideas for excursions.  Bon Voyage to you all.

Bon Voyage to you too.  It would be so fabulous to hear how everything goes for you. I will certainly lurk on your roll call and ask if anyone else can be bothered doing a review too. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2023 at 3:05 PM, b_short said:

We are super excited to take this cruise in 2024! It has been a goal of mine to sail on an R-class vessel since they were built, and it's finally going to happen for my 50th birthday! We booked the 26-day spice route on the Journey from Singapore to Greece. We wanted to get V1, and the only staterooms left were either next to the elevators, or next to the laundry room. We know we definitely do not want to be next to the elevators, so we chose laundry room. Our room is 7081, on the starboard side. My question is -- for anyone who has stayed in this location, how bad is the noise from the laundry? Will we hear machines running, and people chatting there? I am thinking of maybe going to V2 to move further aft. Even though V1 is technically mid-ship, we're at the end of the section, so a few more doors down would be in V2, and that would be further from the laundry and the elevators. Should we consider moving more aft? I don't think there is any difference between V1 and V2 except location, but please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Thanks!

We have stayed in Cabins 7079 and 7085, so in the vicinity. We heard no noise at all. Very quiet at night, smooth sailing and still close to the self service laundry. Enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2023 at 5:20 PM, kozycz said:

We have stayed in Cabins 7079 and 7085, so in the vicinity. We heard no noise at all. Very quiet at night, smooth sailing and still close to the self service laundry. Enjoy your cruise! 

We spent six weeks in cabin 7083 from Tokyo to Singapore to Athens and everything was perfect! No noise at all and pretty close to laundry and if you get Mark as cabin attendant it will be much more perfect, it will be perfection!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Keithybabe said:

We are in cabin 7068 but hoping to get a upgrade 

Don’t hold your hopes out at all. The upgrade scheme is very limited (used to require blind bidding often resulting in rooms in less desirable locations) and is currently non existent with no idea if or when it’s returning.  It’s run by an outsourced activity to generate revenue from rooms they cannot sell.
If you want a particular room type book that from the outset don’t hope for upgrades. You’ve time to make the change now or alternatively focus on what’s going to be great about your current room and on the itinerary you will enjoy. 

8 hours ago, Keithybabe said:

Thanks for the info, unfortunately we could only get a inside cabin, but as you say we will make the most of it

If there are empty cabins once you get on board (someone may have cancelled) you may be able to upgrade at a price. It may also be worth ringing them to see if they can put you on a wait list for any other cabins that come available through cancellations.

3 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

If there are empty cabins once you get on board (someone may have cancelled) you may be able to upgrade at a price. It may also be worth ringing them to see if they can put you on a wait list for any other cabins that come available through cancellations.

Yes, you may see more cabins become available before final payment.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

We are booked in for this cruise as well and just got an updated itinerary due to the conflict in Israel.  I think it looks fine, leaving some ports out but putting in some other interesting ports.  Can't wait

Barbara, Rowsley VIC Australia

On 3/23/2023 at 3:05 PM, b_short said:

We wanted to get V1, and the only staterooms left were either next to the elevators, or next to the laundry room. We know we definitely do not want to be next to the elevators, so we chose laundry room.

We've used cabins all around the laundry and never had a noise issue.  We did Singapore to Athens earlier this year - if you want to see our trip diary, use "https://o1c.net/2023-RTW/" .  Enjoy!!

• Like 2

On 11/26/2023 at 10:57 AM, Aardvaark said:

We've used cabins all around the laundry and never had a noise issue.  We did Singapore to Athens earlier this year - if you want to see our trip diary, use "https://o1c.net/2023-RTW/" .  Enjoy!!

We really enjoyed being on the cruise again through your lovely pictures.  So glad we got to see Israel.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2023 at 9:01 AM, Keithybabe said:

Thanks for the info, unfortunately we could only get a inside cabin, but as you say we will make the most of it

As somebody needing an accessible cabin, then an inside cabin is often the only choice we get. However I don't see it as a big deal. Typically we would leave the cabin for breakfast, and not return until 6pm for a shower before dinner and then not return again until bedtime.

On our previous cruise, we heard people enquiring about upgrades at the guest relations desk, and they were typically being quoted prices similar to what we had paid for the entire cruise including the fights. The inside cabins are fine in my opinion, and the saving pays for another cruise. After all, we get the same food, same wine and same entertainment as people in balcony cabins.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1