Requesting Tour of Bridge

mrkrpan

Hello - years ago I cruised in Alaska and requested a tour of the bridge.  Does anyone know where to make this type of request now. 

I think my request (15 years ago) was via snail mail and wanted to see if there is an email address to send a request to now.

thanks in advance for any direction 

We got a tour of the bridge when we did the behind the scenes ship tour several years ago.  It was the tour that was $150 per person and came with all the gifts.  Of course this was pre-covid.  Like the other poster above, I doubt you could get a complimentary tour in this day and age. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mrkrpan said:

Hello - years ago I cruised in Alaska and requested a tour of the bridge.  Does anyone know where to make this type of request now. 

I think my request (15 years ago) was via snail mail and wanted to see if there is an email address to send a request to now.

thanks in advance for any direction 

Requests like that were common a few years ago but like others have said, probably not any longer.

Give it a shot. What do you have to lose?

• Like 1

This recent experience was on a different cruise line. But for WIW:

I was on an Azamara cruise  last month. I overheard someone ask about a bridge tour at the customer service desk. The agent signed them up on the spot for a tour. It doesn't hurt to ask

• Like 1

Did a bridge tour on Discovery Princess in January. It is free. Go to customer service when you board. Ask to be put on the list for a bridge tour, if offered. A day or 2 before the tour you will get a letter on where and what time to meet. They did them on the last sea day on that cruise.

They did allow us to take pictures, but be sure to as before doing so.

Masks were required.

20230120_102537.jpg

Edited by ldtr

A number of years ago we did the bridge tour on Diamond Princess.  I noticed a unit of cubbyholes with the officers caps placed in each one.  I playfully grabbed a cap and put it on.  Immediately, an officer came over and said “Madam, you are wearing the Captain’s hat, but if you’re quick your husband can take of photo.”  Of course we got the picture and I thanked the officer and he said “You are very welcome let me introduce myself.  I am the Captain!”  Every time when we saw him out and about during our cruise, if he saw me he tipped his hat and smiled.  Great memories!

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

A number of years ago we did the bridge tour on Diamond Princess.  I noticed a unit of cubbyholes with the officers caps placed in each one.  I playfully grabbed a cap and put it on.  Immediately, an officer came over and said “Madam, you are wearing the Captain’s hat, but if you’re quick your husband can take of photo.”  Of course we got the picture and I thanked the officer and he said “You are very welcome let me introduce myself.  I am the Captain!”  Every time when we saw him out and about during our cruise, if he saw me he tipped his hat and smiled.  Great memories!

Funny!

• Like 1

We were invited to the bridge on the Sea Princess many years ago. It was really interesting and everyone was so informative and friendly. My profile photo is with my DH and the Captain.  Would love to do it again, especially on a larger ship. 

1 hour ago, Paula_MacFan said:

We got a tour of the bridge when we did the behind the scenes ship tour several years ago.  It was the tour that was $150 per person and came with all the gifts.  Of course this was pre-covid.  Like the other poster above, I doubt you could get a complimentary tour in this day and age. 

We did a paid ship tour on the Regal on a TA and is was absolutely one of our most memorable tours.  It was worth every dollar we paid.  They only did it once on that crossing and the group was limited to 12 passengers.

We gained a new appreciation of all that goes on behind the scenes in a wide variety of departments and a new found respect for all crew for what they do to create a successful cruise experience.

When we boarded we went immediately to Passenger Services and asked to be put on the ship tour list.  Cost was explained to us and then we received a letter for the date and meeting start point for the tour.  It was a good 3 hours.

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PrincessLuver said:

When we boarded we went immediately to Passenger Services and asked to be put on the ship tour list.  Cost was explained to us and then we received a letter for the date and meeting start point for the tour.  It was a good 3 hours.

That's gonna be the first thing we do when we board the new Sun Princess in June of 2024!

1 hour ago, PrincessLuver said:

We did a paid ship tour on the Regal on a TA and is was absolutely one of our most memorable tours.  It was worth every dollar we paid.  They only did it once on that crossing and the group was limited to 12 passengers.

We gained a new appreciation of all that goes on behind the scenes in a wide variety of departments and a new found respect for all crew for what they do to create a successful cruise experience.

They were not doing the full ship tour on the Discovery, Ruby, or Grand when we were on them during the past 6 months  The Discovery in Jan was only doing the free bridge tour.