Bidding Process?

7 minutes ago, sargemrs said:

Newbie to RCL and have read about bidding, which I am familiar on NCL.  Could you give some points on the process?  Chances? Thanks!

I doubt anyone knows the chances but I'd say look at if your ship is full or very close when you bid. Are the suites all sold out. Then someone has to cancel for you to get on.

The bid is X 2, no matter how many in the cabin, 1 or 4 it's still X 2. They dont tell you you won, they move you and bill your card, then send email. Whatever you get might not be your favorite location.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I doubt anyone knows the chances but I'd say look at if your ship is full or very close when you bid. Are the suites all sold out. Then someone has to cancel for you to get on.

The bid is X 2, no matter how many in the cabin, 1 or 4 it's still X 2. They dont tell you you won, they move you and bill your card, then send email. Whatever you get might not be your favorite location.

Thanks for that!  We’re in GS now but OS or higher would be nice but not necessary.  The Lofts are amazing but we can’t do stairs easily.  So when/how do you get the chance o bid?  Email from NCL? I booked direct!

1 minute ago, sargemrs said:

Thanks for that!  We’re in GS now but OS or higher would be nice but not necessary.  The Lofts are amazing but we can’t do stairs easily.  So when/how do you get the chance o bid?  Email from NCL? I booked direct!

Start looking a couple months out. It will say when you can bid. Says 30 days out but usually sooner.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Start looking a couple months out. It will say when you can bid. Says 30 days out but usually sooner.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

2 minutes ago, poocher said:

It may also show up when you log into your account on the website.

Oh okay!  So to see if the ship is full, you run a trial booking?  Or another way?

53 minutes ago, sargemrs said:

We’re in GS now but OS or higher would be nice but not necessary.

Which ship? The suite neighborhood location of the OS on Wonder are well worth a bid, not sure I'd bid on an OS on any of the other Oasis class ships, given that several of them are directly under the pool deck.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Which ship? The suite neighborhood location of the OS on Wonder are well worth a bid, not sure I'd bid on an OS on any of the other Oasis class ships, given that several of them are directly under the pool deck.

Allure of the Seas is our ship!

If you cant do stairs well, you are wise not to bid on the crown loft suites. 

You may have to go up and down several times a day.

We had one last cruise and stairs arent a problem for us yet , and we loved it.

1 hour ago, sargemrs said:

Allure of the Seas is our ship!

On Allure IIRC there are 10 OS. The nice thing is that they are all fairly centered on the ship. The downside is that the four that are on Deck 14 are right under the pools, and some people find those a bit noisy.

BTW, DW has two bad knees and I have 1-1/2 bad knees and neither one of us had any difficulty with the stairs in the CLS on Allure. They have a very short "rise" per step so there are a few more stairs than you might find at home, but they were (at least for us) relatively easy to negotiate (and the walk in two person rain shower upstairs is well worth the climb😉).

Edited by orville99

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

On Allure IIRC there are 10 OS. The nice thing is that they are all fairly centered on the ship. The downside is that the four that are on Deck 14 are right under the pools, and some people find those a bit noisy.

BTW, DW has two bad knees and I have 1-1/2 bad knees and neither one of us had any difficulty with the stairs in the CLS on Allure. They have a very short "rise" per step so there are a few more stairs than you might find at home, but they were (at least for us) relatively easy to negotiate (and the walk in two person rain shower upstairs is well worth the climb😉).

Well, that’s good to know!  Thanks!