How Can I Check a Member of My Party in Who Does Not Have a Smart Phone or Computer?

Hi, traveling with my whole family and my mother does not have tech AT ALL.  How can I check her in on Wednesday with me?  We have separate room and reservations.  We are a group (which I regret, that has been a huge pain and not worth the very small savings) if that makes a difference.  I have the Royal app and I can't see how to link or add her.  Can anyone help me with this, please?

And if I'm able to add her, how do I check her in, as well as myself?

If our group of 16 all ends up with different check in times, any chance we can still get on board together, at the earliest time?

Thank you!

I'm confused if you booked as a group for the very small savings why your mom has a separate reservation? 

If you were both on the same reservations it would be easy as when I check in, I could check in my partner too. The selfie was done later. 

If you want check your mom in under your reservation I would create an RC account for her and put in her reservation. When the time comes, you do it on her behalf. My parents are the same so I assist them by doing it this way 

Regarding whether you get different check in times, there are no rhyme or reason what they do on the day whether you can go as a group or not. It depends on a few factors, how busy the sailing is, how busy the actual terminal is, what staff is there and whether they use their discretion. 

I would just create an account for her and you control the userid and password. And check her in when the time comes. We do that for the parents for different accounts that they can't/won't deal with. Where are all of the communications wrt her specific reservations going today?

Edited by BirdTravels

Link her reservation to yours.  There’s an add a cruise button (or some such verbiage) on both the app and the website.  When you go to your check in, hers will be there too.  I linked 7 people across 3 reservations and checked everyone in in matter of minutes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yinster said:

I'm confused if you booked as a group for the very small savings why your mom has a separate reservation? 

If you were both on the same reservations it would be easy as when I check in, I could check in my partner too. The selfie was done later. 

If you want check your mom in under your reservation I would create an RC account for her and put in her reservation. When the time comes, you do it on her behalf. My parents are the same so I assist them by doing it this way 

Regarding whether you get different check in times, there are no rhyme or reason what they do on the day whether you can go as a group or not. It depends on a few factors, how busy the sailing is, how busy the actual terminal is, what staff is there and whether they use their discretion. 

Every cabin has a separate reservation number.

1 hour ago, poocher said:

Link her reservation to yours.  There’s an add a cruise button (or some such verbiage) on both the app and the website.  When you go to your check in, hers will be there too.  I linked 7 people across 3 reservations and checked everyone in in matter of minutes.

Does adding her cruise 'link' us?  Is that how it's done?  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Katems75 said:

Does adding her cruise 'link' us?  Is that how it's done?  

Yes, on the page with your upcoming cruises, look at the top. It will say, upcoming cruises, past cruises and on the right upper corner it will say add a cruise. Click that. Then you will need her name, birthdate and reservation #. Then you can link the cruises together.

16 hours ago, poocher said:

Is it correct that I can check in others who are linked to me fairly quickly and easily (and I can skip entering all of the details like picture, credit card number, etc.)?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peter1975 said:

Is it correct that I can check in others who are linked to me fairly quickly and easily (and I can skip entering all of the details like picture, credit card number, etc.)?

On the app, yes.

• Like 1

Thank you all, I've added her but I do NOT find the app to be user friendly or intuitive.  From what I gather it's easier to check in on the app to do so quickly.  But then it sounds like I then need to do something on the web?  Will THAT be intuitive or will it be easy to find what I need to still do?

Open the app, click on check in, click on arrival time under each person you want to check in, select time.  Close app, go to bed.  Travel information can then be entered at your convenience.  You can use the app or the website as you choose. It makes no difference.  Once travel information has been entered, you can access your set sail pass.  I save them in my Apple Wallet and print a copy of each.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poocher said:

Open the app, click on check in, click on arrival time under each person you want to check in, select time.  Close app, go to bed.  Travel information can then be entered at your convenience.  You can use the app or the website as you choose. It makes no difference.  Once travel information has been entered, you can access your set sail pass.  I save them in my Apple Wallet and print a copy of each.

Thanks!!  This is the kind of info I was looking for!   🙂 

Just to clarify, once you have chosen arrival time on the app, it doesn’t make any difference whether you use the app or website to enter travel information.  You can only bypass everything else & jump right to arrival time on the app.

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1

Okay I chose my arrival time on the app, for myself and my mother, too, yay, but nothing looks any different.  Did it work??  I didn't enter passport, selfie, or health info (and health info says I have to wait for May 12 to do so anyway), but I did choose 11am and it's 'green' but under each name it says 'in progress' and the top says 'let's get you checked in'.

Also, my and my daughter's arrival time say 'see you on January 01 for your wellness check, but my mother's says 'see you on May 13'.  The cruise is May 13...why would my and my daughter's say see you on January 1??

Does this mean my arrival time is truly saved and for the right day?  Am I actually checked in or does that not happen until May 12 when I can do the health quiz?

Edited by Katems75