Morning flight out of FLL

djkk

Hi, I can book a non-stop flight from FLL cruiseport to my hometown at 10:50 am. Will I have problems making that flight disembarking from Adventure of the Seas on a Saturday in June? TIA!

If you carry your own bags off the ship. are among the first to disembark, are US citizens, have nothing to declare, have TSAPre or Clear, and take a taxi (to avoid meeting a specific driver), and the ship clears in a rimely manner, yiu should be OK

19 hours ago, peter1975 said:

Nothing like ending your vacation with stress and panic!

Stress, panic? Nothing stressful about it. You know what you are getting into and what needs to be done to make it. You have backup plans if you don't make it. Many people have made a 10AM flight. I would rather make the 10AM flight than listen to the people complain that they had to book 8PM flights and stuck trying to figure out what to do for 10 hours. 

20 hours ago, peter1975 said:

Nothing like ending your vacation with stress and panic!

If we don’t make the flight we will just get on another one. I hate sitting around the airport all day trying to get home. If I have a chance to be home by noon I’m going to take it. It usually works out just fine.

2 hours ago, Denversail said:

If we don’t make the flight we will just get on another one. I hate sitting around the airport all day trying to get home. If I have a chance to be home by noon I’m going to take it. It usually works out just fine.

Hi, didn't you say you arrive in Miami though? For a 10am flight out of Ft. Lauderdale? It will take at least 30-45 minutes to get from the port of Miami to the FLL airport and then check in, go through security and get to your gate........

2 hours ago, Denversail said:

Really? Those other flights have seats available?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Really? Those other flights have seats available?

We will get on something. Worst scenario we get a hotel and fly the next day. No big deal. I prefer this over booking an overpriced flight that leaves at 3 pm and gets me home at 9 at night. 

I’m not sure why folks always assume the worst is going to happen. We have made these early flights many times. It is worth the occasional miss. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, didn't you say you arrive in Miami though? For a 10am flight out of Ft. Lauderdale? It will take at least 30-45 minutes to get from the port of Miami to the FLL airport and then check in, go through security and get to your gate........

Seems easily doable. We will line up to disembark with our own bags and hop in a taxi. We just need to be at the airport around 9 for it to work.

I guess that is what makes us all different and that is a good thing (in my opinion). I have no desire to rush off the ship on disembarkation day or carry my own bags off that early either. I much prefer a more leisurely process and be in one of the very last groups off the ship (if not the last one).  

Different strokes for different folks😀

On 3/26/2023 at 9:37 PM, Ashland said:

Best of luck !!!

I second that.  I think that's pushing it even for a cruise coming into Fort Lauderdale.  Getting off the ship in Miami and getting up to FLL for a 10:00 a.m. flight - wow, that's aggressive.

• Like 1

The earliest flight I’ve ever made arriving at the port of Miami and departing from the FLL airport was 8:35am.

For the record, we did NOT book that early flight originally. We were planning on a later flight, but once we realized that we’d be at the airport that early, we got on the standby list for that earlier flight. It worked out great! We were back home before our original flight was even scheduled to depart FLL.

Key things to make it happen:

- do self assist (have all your carry in luggage with you).

- be ready to disembark as soon as they announce that the ship has been cleared.

- have transportation ready to go (we did Uber. I literally requested it as we were exiting the cruise terminal and it showed up in 60 seconds.

- check in for your flights online and have your mobile boarding passes ready. 
- don’t check any luggage. Go straight to the gate. 

• Like 1