MSC WORLD EUROPA REPO ABU Dhabi to Genoa on behalf of BEAMAFAR

sidari

47 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Not a problem for us.  We love being onboard.  Wouldn’t care if we never saw land again. 🤣

I remember on our crossing from Brazil, the excursions desk got incredibly busy after a few days at sea;   everyone was going stir-crazy and couldn’t wait to get to the next port to get off and feel terra firma beneath their feet.  😁

45 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Now, if you’d asked me how are we getting on with no alcohol being served today - well ….   🤪😂😂

No alcohol, oh wow haha!

I like having 1 day at sea per 7 days, but the ship is that big I think you need a week to find everywhere

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

No alcohol, oh wow haha!

I like having 1 day at sea per 7 days, but the ship is that big I think you need a week to find everywhere

A 7 night cruise on this ship is not going to be enough - especially in the Med, which is usually port intensive, and some things aren’t open while in port, so you can’t even avail of the quieter ship to get to do stuff.  Plus, several embarkation ports throughout the cruise, meaning venues can be closed for the muster drill in the afternoons. 

As to the no alcohol situation - we have a couple of bottles of bubbly and some beer to tide us over for the afternoon. 😵💫🤪

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

A 7 night cruise on this ship is not going to be enough - especially in the Med, which is usually port intensive, and some things aren’t open while in port, so you can’t even avail of the quieter ship to get to do stuff.  Plus, several embarkation ports throughout the cruise, meaning venues can be closed for the muster drill in the afternoons. 

As to the no alcohol situation - we have a couple of bottles of bubbly and some beer to tide us over for the afternoon. 😵💫🤪

Yeah, I think we're going to have to stick around on the boat and get another week included, just to be on the safe side 😄

Alcohol situation, at least you are stocked up, that's all I can say

• Haha 1

Something’s that struck me is that the hot breakfast or dinner (for charge) room service items are not offered here.  Can’t remember if they’re only available on US sailings. 🤔  (So funny that I always seem to type IS when attempting to type US 😱). 

Edited by Beamafar

4 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I’m sure it’ll all be fine - and clear - well before your cruise,  SC.  There’s always confusion when changes are being made around April.  You’re bound to have a wonderful cruise on this amazing ship and I’m sure there will be a lot more reviews when she begins her Med season. 

I will be happy with the beverages as long as any kind of Champagne is included!

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

....due to busy maritime traffic and delayed re-fuelling , we’re stuck in this …. port til 10pm.  No alcohol will be served til 2 hours after we depart. 

You should have loaded your minibar with some Guinness to tide you over, once the Prosecco was gone! 🤣

5 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

I will be happy with the beverages as long as any kind of Champagne is included!

Bea has reported that Jaquart is widely being served. My DW prefers it to the often served NF, and Lanson is comparable also!

Edited by hamrag
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Thanks!

Not in YC on this one.  Luckily himself has a good firm grip.  However, I only discovered the problem in the middle of the night with a new bottle on the locker and my throat on fire. 

Just misread this and thought MrB had a good firm grip of the purse strings!! 😜

I now realise you meant you had to wake him up to open the bottle. 
I would hate not being able to access water in the night! I had four loosened bottles on my bedside every night! 😅😂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Bea has reported that Jaquart is widely being served. My DW prefers it to the often served NF, and Lanson is comparable also!

Jaquart is okay for me.

On Divina the Yacht Club manager tried to convince me that no Champagne was included but I wrote a letter to the beverage manager and after that there was no problem to get the NF.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, hamrag said:

Indeed, it looks awful from the photo posted! At least on the other new ships, whilst usually quiet, it's at the Atrium where you can hear any musical interludes in that area. Incidentally, on our last two YC's the Nicolas champers was no longer with Jacquart as its replacement.

The WE works differently. They have no "grand atrium", instead they have what seems such a shopping mall promenade with shops, restaurants, bars and the likes. The calming piano bar seems to be Raj Polo, the tea house (I don't know how that would work here in Europe)... Badly compared the WE seems like a pizza place at Starbucks!... Some of the concepts are great... But the general feeling of the ship seems a clear departure from the whole brand's identity. MSC has never had a so big differentiation on their ship's identity, apart the atrium's use for rock bands on some Seaside class vessels, especially if they sail from the US, hence me to be on the fence regarding the actual full ship's concept success here in Europe. It will be a success the day they can put one of those in the US, on that I've no doubts!... Oh; and believe me: If I could to do a cruise this year, it would no doubt to be the WE!...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

Just misread this and thought MrB had a good firm grip of the purse strings!! 😜

I now realise you meant you had to wake him up to open the bottle. 
I would hate not being able to access water in the night! I had four loosened bottles on my bedside every night! 😅😂

I can see, now, how that read. 🤣🤣🤣

No way does he know where the purse strings are.  🤪

• Haha 3

Our steward told us tonight that there had been 6500 onboard the week before this cruise;  lots of kids.  He gestured indicating a lot of running up and down the corridors went on.   So glad we’re getting off in Genoa, before the Easter holiday crowd get on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

You should have loaded your minibar with some Guinness to tide you over, once the Prosecco was gone! 🤣 

No way will Mr B touch Guinness onboard a ship.  It doesn’t travel well. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ConnieTact said:

Are you and MrB fully recovered now? I hope so. Although I always say being ill on a cruise is so easy! No meals to make, no work…!! 
I hope you can enjoy it to the full.

We’re over the worst, thankfully.  And that’s exactly how I felt - at least I didn’t have to face cooking. 👍.  And the bed was made up fresh twice a day.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

No way will Mr B touch Guinness onboard a ship.  It doesn’t travel well. 

I'm interested in that now, though. Because here in Germany, real Guiness has always traveled a long way.
Do you know the cans with the ball inside? What does a connoisseur think of it?
I'll probably have to travel to Dublin myself to find out the difference.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LiquidWu said:

I'm interested in that now, though. Because here in Germany, real Guiness has always traveled a long way.
Do you know the cans with the ball inside? What does a connoisseur think of it?
I'll probably have to travel to Dublin myself to find out the difference.

My husband worked for Guinness in Dublin. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

My husband worked for Guinness in Dublin. 

What a dream 😃

Thanks for the very entertaining thread

Just now, ConnieTact said:

I doubt he agrees with cans of Guinness! 😊

Yes, you're probably right.
But I can assure you that it tastes even less here from bottles or on tap.

Shaking the ball in the can under pressure is the best way to get that certain creaminess.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LiquidWu said:

What a dream 😃

Thanks for the very entertaining thread

Thank you for following along. 

Actually, it’s an old expression that Guinness didn’t travel well.  These days, things have changed.  Also, there’s an art to pulling a good pint and, until recent years, it wasn’t served correctly in foreign pubs, but that, too, has changed.  

Mr B reckons the very best place to get a good pint in Dublin is in Dublin airport!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Thank you for following along. 

Actually, it’s an old expression that Guinness didn’t travel well.  These days, things have changed.  Also, there’s an art to pulling a good pint and, until recent years, it wasn’t served correctly in foreign pubs, but that, too, has changed.  

Mr B reckons the very best place to get a good pint in Dublin is in Dublin airport!

Great! We’re there in June so I’ll make sure Mr CT gets a pint! 👍