Premium Plus and cork fees

Mississippian

I probably dreamed this, but I think I read somewhere that Premium Plus beverage package guests didn't have to pay cork fees on wine brought on board. This seems reasonable, since PP guests have the right to any drink on board, regardless of price. In any even, am I remembering correctly?

The regular beverage package lets you bring bottles of wine on board without any fees, no need for the premium one.

We've taken bottles on in both our carry-on backpacks as well as our checked bags with no issues or delays in either situation.

Depending on the bottle and how much we care about it, I'll sometimes tape a note around it in my luggage saying "Hi, we have the drink package, please don't take my wine!". But never any issues with bringing bottles of wine, or even a few random beer cans on board.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mississippian said:

This seems reasonable, since PP guests have the right to any drink on board, regardless of price.

I'd caution you to lower your expectations a bit!  You can select most beverages, but, "regardless of cost" is not correct!

1 minute ago, Sailing12Away said:

The regular beverage package lets you bring bottles of wine on board without any fees, no need for the premium one.

We've taken bottles on in both our carry-on backpacks as well as our checked bags with no issues or delays in either situation.

The “regular” beverage package is the “Premium” package. The upgraded package is the “Premium Plus”  package. 

Wine must be hand carried onto the ship. The port rent-a-cop security people have zero insight on whether a particular bag is associated with a person with the beverage package. 

Bags with wine run the risk of being confiscated and sent to the Naughty Room where you will spend time in a [long] line with all of the other people with contraband. 

Scenario - you are boarding and going through the security line - bottles of wine are discovered -

you are directed to the Paid Corkage counter - you show the NCL (or private otherwise employee)

you have the PP or P beverage package - you pass "GO" and a free to go aboard - no PP or P beverage package you pay the corkage fee a paid corkage sticker is a applied to your wine and

your on board account billed accordingly.

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Wine must be hand carried onto the ship. The port rent-a-cop security people have zero insight on whether a particular bag is associated with a person with the beverage package. 

Bags with wine run the risk of being confiscated and sent to the Naughty Room where you will spend time in a [long] line with all of the other people with contraband. 

Done it 3x, and have never once had my wine confiscated or been sent to a naughty room.

6 hours ago, Desert_ Dweller said:

Is it possible to bring back  a bottle of wine or two from from the various ports we visit, or just at the time of boarding

Either embarkation or at ports of call - it doesn't matter. We've done it both ways and have never had an issue.