Luggage tags colors

mitchtech

1 hour ago, mitchtech said:

Hi. I don't  have a color printer so when I printed our luggage tags it says magenta but is not colored magenta. Do I need to get the right colored luggage tags at the pier or is this fine.

Thanks

Black and white is fine. The color has no meaning in terms of getting your bags to your room (actually it is the color of the ship... so everyone on the Prima has the same color - Magenta). 

Edited by BirdTravels

48 minutes ago, fredflint said:

Take a magic marker it will make it easier to be identified is my opinion.  Make it easy for the people handling your bags.

Color only identifies the ship so unless there are multiple NCL ships leaving from the same port on the same day, the only tag info that's necessary is the room info. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Black and white is fine. The color has no meaning in terms of getting your bags to your room (actually it is the color of the ship... so everyone on the Prima has the same color - Magenta). 

8 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Color only identifies the ship so unless there are multiple NCL ships leaving from the same port on the same day, the only tag info that's necessary is the room info. 

Actually, color is used to identify the sailing, not the ship. Each ship has different colors that are alternated between sailings...the different color makes it easier to distinguish between luggage coming onto the ship and luggage coming off of the ship.

21 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Actually, color is used to identify the sailing, not the ship. Each ship has different colors that are alternated between sailings...the different color makes it easier to distinguish between luggage coming onto the ship and luggage coming off of the ship.

Nope. The color corresponds to the ship not the sailing. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

No, it is correct. A porter only works one ship at a time. They would not handle luggage for multiple ships, thus they need nothing to differentiate one ship from another. They do, however, need a fast and easy way to ensure that off-going and on-coming luggage doesn't get mixed up on the very busy pier.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You are of course correct.  I have an upcoming B2B and the tags are exactly the same color.  Anybody who has ever done a B2B would likely know this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SeaShark said:

Gosh, what are the odds that I always get the same color....

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Some folks posted they received their luggage tags in the mail and posted pictures they were colored. I have black and white we printed. Pre Concierge said not to worry they just look at the cabin number.

Yup. Black and White tags are perfectly fine since everyone on the ship is the same color. Suite guests should get tags in the mail shortly before departure (used to be 50 days). In terms of getting your bags to you, your printed tags or the tags sent in the mail work exactly the same.... no benefit other than saving a tiny bit of your toner/ink. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Suite guests should get tags in the mail shortly before departure (used to be 50 days). 

Others may get them as well.  On my upcoming Epic cruise a lot of non suite guests, like myself, have received them in the mail.  First time in 3 cruises I have received them from NCL.

6 hours ago, Nowcruise5 said:

Maybe a little off topic. If you forget or lose your tags, replacement tags are available at most embarkation ports or from baggage porters. I have seen this in Miami, Sydney and Venice.

Tags have always been available from porters. And a lot of people blow off printing their tags and just let the porters do it... which is why at restart, NCL was snail mailing tags to everyone (to minimize crowding around porters to get tags). 

That being said, you have to make sure that the number that your porter scribbles on the tag is the correct cabin number and can easily be read by everyone handling your luggage until it arrives at your room. If it is really a scribble,,,, you may not see your bag for a day or two.