Bathroom electrical outlet Princess Sapphire

piper

Can anyone tell me if the electrical outlet in the bathroom (balcony cabin) is a normal one and not one for electric razors only - need to know if I can take my Water pik 😁

There was a thread similar to this recently and I was not able to find it to direct you. Maybe someone will and post it here. One of the members here, who is retired from the marine industry, if I remember correctly, said that it has to do with the amperage, or the amount of current it draws. You'd want to know that number from the sticker on the device. I don't recall the limit. Good luck! 

I think it is only for the razor. I have a waterpik I use in the shower that has a rechargeable battery. Much better for traveling. Most cruises I don't have to charge - it usually lasts 2 weeks on a charge.

https://www.amazon.com/Waterpik-Cordless-Rechargeable-Portable-Irrigator/dp/B01GNVF8S8/ref=asc_df_B01GNVF8S8/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312065644529&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14470529306371740090&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9024746&hvtargid=pla-451825281755&psc=1 

Edited by Coral

We take a water pik with us and it's not the rechargeable one. Tried that and it was just too clunky, didn't hold enough water and the stream wasn't strong either.

You will find water piks have polarized plugs (one blade is wider than the other) that won't fit in the bathroom receptacle (note the one in the photo has blade receptacles the same size). Even if you try an adapter (which we did, once), as others have said (and even yours truly in another thread), the bathroom receptacle doesn't supply enough current to properly drive the water pik.

Our solution is to take a looooonnnnngggg polarized extension cord and run it across the cabin when we use the water pik. Kind of a pain but it works.

15 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

We take a water pik with us and it's not the rechargeable one. Tried that and it was just too clunky, didn't hold enough water and the stream wasn't strong either.

You will find water piks have polarized plugs (one blade is wider than the other) that won't fit in the bathroom receptacle (note the one in the photo has blade receptacles the same size). Even if you try an adapter (which we did, once), as others have said (and even yours truly in another thread), the bathroom receptacle doesn't supply enough current to properly drive the water pik.

Our solution is to take a looooonnnnngggg polarized extension cord and run it across the cabin when we use the water pik. Kind of a pain but it works.

I have actually tried 2 portable Waterpiks. I hated the first one but the one I posted above works great. I do have to fill the water a total of 2x total during use.

Edited by Coral

2 hours ago, piper said:

Can anyone tell me if the electrical outlet in the bathroom (balcony cabin) is a normal one and not one for electric razors only - need to know if I can take my Water pik 😁

I have a rechargeable toothbrush that works in the bathroom just fine. Just remember the plug 🔌 in the bathroom is designed for the old style where both plugs must be the same. I have an adapter where the hardware store cut & filed down an adapter for me & I only paid for the adapter. I think that it would work since my toothbrush charger works just fine. 

Test out your water pick & you may find out that it might last for a couple of weeks without needing a charge. That’s what I did. 

Tom😀

1 minute ago, piper said:

Coral - is the portable one you like a recent purchase? I had one several years ago that was terrible

I have bought 3 Waterpik's (all Waterpik brand) is the last 16 months or so with the one above purchased last October or so. Your common counter one that plugs into electricity at all times. It was just a mess for me. Then on Prime Day last summer I bought the one that uses regular batteries but can be used in the shower. I didn't like that as you have to do something weird with the seal when you replace the batteries. Then I bought the one listed above in my link in October time frame - it has 3 levels. It probably is not as powerful as the sink one but I like it as I can do it in the shower (and not make a mess on my counter with water) and it travels well. I can tell when the charge is getting low as it becomes weak. It will go strong for more than 7 nights and the charger is small. It comes with a thin travel bag that everything fits into.

So yes - last October or so. Though I just started using a WaterPik last summer.

I never got used to the original one enough to increase the level too high. I was just too clumsy using it. I should try it again in my bathroom now that I have acquired some skill. I am probably not the best person to compare but I would think it would be good enough to travel with as opposed to leaving one behind. Something is better than nothing.

I do have to fill the reservoir 2x each morning during use.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, piper said:

Coral - is the portable one you like a recent purchase? I had one several years ago that was terrible

So the one I am currently using goes from 45 - 75 PSI between 3 settings (and holds 7 ounces). The original one I bought that goes on the counter goes from 10 - 100 PSI (and holds 22 ounces). Hope this helps as far as power.

15 minutes ago, beach_fever_4ever said:

I just checked our LED night light, both prongs are the same size. So would it work in this receptacle ?

As noted in the photo of the outlet, it is restricted to 20va (volt-amps, or watts), so if your nightlight is less than 20 watts, it should work.

• Like 1

Thanks @chengkp75 for chiming in. I had mentioned you'd know this.

Service limited to 20 Volt Amps,  (V×A=W) A Water Pic draws 34 peak watts at 120 Volts so it wouldn't work. An electric razor draws 9 watts at 120 volts so that will. A night light, less than one watt.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1