Luggage Tag Color Changed

I printed my luggage tags a month or two ago and the color is Kelly green.  We are on the Miracle aft port balcony stateroom on deck 6.

My sister-in-law is booked in a balcony two doors down.  I was showing her today how to print her luggage tags and her tags are red, and not the green color that my tags are.  I thought maybe it's because it's her first cruise.  So for laughs and giggles, I decided to bring up my tags for printing and now the color of the tags is red.

Has anyone ever experienced this ?  Why would the color change ?  

I have no idea. They've been messing with the luggage tags and boarding documents lately. Changing the verbiage etc. I personally have never printed my luggage tags or other documents in color. I haven't owned a color printer at home in over a decade.

4 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

I printed my luggage tags a month or two ago and the color is Kelly green.  We are on the Miracle aft port balcony stateroom on deck 6.

My sister-in-law is booked in a balcony two doors down.  I was showing her today how to print her luggage tags and her tags are red, and not the green color that my tags are.  I thought maybe it's because it's her first cruise.  So for laughs and giggles, I decided to bring up my tags for printing and now the color of the tags is red.

Has anyone ever experienced this ?  Why would the color change ?  

Yes. Exactly the same thing. Ours changed from Green to Red. 

4 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Ours are also red.  Is it possible Platinum and Diamond are all red for pre-sorting reasons?  Seems like that would add some steps to the luggage delivery process, though. 

My tags on the Pride last month were red, and I'm not a Platinum or Diamond member.  Cabin was midship starboard.  

We printed my wife's a month or so before and they were green. When she was able to check in and print the boarding passes they were switched to red also. She was port, aft on the Conquest two weeks ago. 

Guest BasicSailor

Mine are murple😐. Oh, wait my inks giving out, again😖. Gonna have to go squid fishing just to save on those ink prices.😁

A quick check and my luggage tags were at least 4 different colors over the past year. I even think port and starboard cabins might have had different colors. I can report the color of the luggage tag had no impact on my cruises. 👍👍👍

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor

Actually, mine are Red for this month. At least there was a *Diamond* symbol. Either I'm cruising or dire straits to nowhere. 🙃

5 hours ago, geovet said:

Are their any non platinum/diamond cruisers getting a red tag?

me... I'm gold and my tags were colored the same. Just checked now and they're red. I am however Priority because we're staying in a suite.

Anyone not Priority have red tags?

1 hour ago, Shaded Lady said:

me... I'm gold and my tags were colored the same. Just checked now and they're red. I am however Priority because we're staying in a suite.

Anyone not Priority have red tags?

Hi Shady Lady

my next cruise in May are Red 

17 hours ago, mz-s said:

Color makes no difference...

In society that should definitely be true...but Carnival has traditionally color-coded each deck separately.  

Tag color HAS made a difference in the past:  the unknown luggage that got dumped at our cabin door on one cruise had the same cabin number-ending, but was one deck directly below ours.   And sure enough, the other cruisers had printed theirs in grayscale.  

After seeing THAT mis-delivery, we've printed ours in color ever since.    

As for the current changing of the colors, that's a mystery.  Delivering 3,000+ pieces of luggage is a herculean task.  I can only assume they're switching their methodology...which is great, IF it works.   (See the Royal board and the MTD discussion there for an example of a change that hasn't.)