How often does Celebrity change details of an excursion? Or move you to a different but similar excursion?

zitsky

@zitsky How far in advance of your cruise?  Still time to cancel or re-book at the higher price?  Or find something else to your liking?  Is this common you ask?  In general-no.  This has happened to me a few times.  But mostly after I boarded and there was a reason (weather, rough seas, etc.).  When it happened in advance of the cruise I always got a refund.  I typically these days do not do Celebrity excursions and find a private one with a few people (usually from my Roll Call).  I am done with a bus full of people on excursions (even before COVID).

38 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’ve answered this question previously.

Price

Name

Maybe some of the description 

I’m simply asking if this is common.  Next time I’ll save a copy of the page.  I knew right away something had changed.

Before the pandemic, you could download from the Celebrity website the shorex catalog for any cruise which contained pretty much all of the information that you would see in your Cruise Planner including pricing.  The catalog was completely up to date which allowed you to save different time versions of it.  Here are a couple examples that I saved from our Dec 23 2019 Solstice sailing: shorex catalog on Jul 12 2018 and Apr 29 2019.

Sometime during the pandemic, Celebrity stopped providing it.  Now that things have fully resumed for a while, hopefully they will bring it back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

@zitsky How far in advance of your cruise?  Still time to cancel or re-book at the higher price?  Or find something else to your liking?  Is this common you ask?  In general-no.  This has happened to me a few times.  But mostly after I boarded and there was a reason (weather, rough seas, etc.).  When it happened in advance of the cruise I always got a refund.  I typically these days do not do Celebrity excursions and find a private one with a few people (usually from my Roll Call).  I am done with a bus full of people on excursions (even before COVID).

Thank you for that.  It’s 5 weeks away.  Yes, I can cancel.  It is still similar enough that I don‘t want to…. Yet.

Edited by zitsky

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Before the pandemic, you could download from the Celebrity website the shorex catalog for any cruise which contained pretty much all of the information that you would see in your Cruise Planner including pricing.  The catalog was completely up to date which allowed you to save different time versions of it.  Here are a couple examples that I saved from our Dec 23 2019 Solstice sailing: shorex catalog on Jul 12 2018 and Apr 29 2019.

Sometime during the pandemic, Celebrity stopped providing it.  Now that things have fully resumed for a while, hopefully they will bring it back.

Thank you.  Where would someone find this before Covid?

28 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Thank you.  Where would someone find this before Covid?

@zitsky, here is the link to the old website where you could download shorex brochures for specific sailings.  It currently doesn't work (at least for me):

https://www.celebritycruises.com/excursion-brochure/celebrity/

Edited by mahdnc