Disembarkation Time

david63

First time with Silversea and need to make some travel arrangements so I was wondering what time disembarkation starts/finishes at the end of a cruise - and yes I know that it is not an exact science and unforeseen factors can come into play on the day.

50 minutes ago, david63 said:

First time with Silversea and need to make some travel arrangements so I was wondering what time disembarkation starts/finishes at the end of a cruise - and yes I know that it is not an exact science and unforeseen factors can come into play on the day.

Timing will vary----depends on when the ship actually docks but usually within 1/2 hour after that point. So an actual time is impossible to give you. As for the latest time? Normally they want everyone disembarked in the 9:30-9:45 range. 

5 minutes ago, dawntrdr said:

And passengers who are departing independently (don't have a ship-arranged transfer) are usually given an early debarking slot.

Interesting. We’ve always found just the opposite as independent travelers have always been assigned the last disembark time.  

We prefer this as we can enjoy a leisurely breakfast in the restaurant and avoid the usual disembark day craziness in La Terrazza.  Then, when the last announcement is made, we just head to the gangway where there is never a line and stroll off the ship. Super easy to finding our luggage too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

Interesting. We’ve always found just the opposite as independent travelers have always been assigned the last disembark time.  

We prefer this as we can enjoy a leisurely breakfast in the restaurant and avoid the usual disembark day craziness in La Terrazza.  Then, when the last announcement is made, we just head to the gangway where there is never a line and stroll off the ship. Super easy to finding our luggage too.

I agree 100% and actually, if I am disembarking with a late flight and going to the airport independently, I go to Guest Relations and tell them I want to be in the latest group possible. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

We were independent and were almost the first off the ship. Of course we were carrying all our luggage.

Next time I will be far more conservative in scheduling flights.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frankhi said:

I'm on a cruise the docks in NYC the morning of the day before disembarkation. Do think you can disembark (as a walk off) whenever you want on that first day? Thanks

If I understand your question correctly, you wish to depart the cruise a day early at the docks in NYC?

Would likely require special dispensation since Customs would not be expecting to deal with anyone a day early.

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

Would likely require special dispensation since Customs would not be expecting to deal with anyone a day early.

Customs would have to clear the ship on the morning of arrival if anyone was to take an excursion that day, or even just to leave the ship, so it ought to be doable to leave..

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Customs would have to clear the ship on the morning of arrival if anyone was to take an excursion that day, or even just to leave the ship, so it ought to be doable to leave..

They would quite likely have no one available specifically to process individual declarations, as they do during final disembarkation, which is an entirely different procedure.

On 4/7/2023 at 3:06 PM, gnome12 said:

Silverseas agent just confirmed you can disembark on the first or second day (11/17 or  11/18 in NYC)

On 4/5/2023 at 7:29 AM, Stumblefoot said:

100% right—if you get to the airport a little(or lot) early-you don’t have to rush, enjoy the airline lounge.😀

• 3 months later...