Soda

Mommiemole

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

it  is a disaster of biblical proportions, but sadly and emphatically , "YES" 

And I agree with you on so many of your posts......except this one😉

I had to suffer through years of Diet Pepsi.  Had to add a lot of lemons & limes, but I suffered through.

Loving the Coke Zero now!

• Like 1

sand and seas. LOL... unfortunately, i am a pepsi addict, just like some people are addicted to caffeine, and cant kick start their day without a cup of coffee. it's not unusual for me to have a can pf pepsi with my breakfast.  coke, (although of course i can drink it if pepsi's not available, just doesnt do it for me in the same way

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, complawyer said:

sand and seas. LOL... unfortunately, i am a pepsi addict, just like some people are addicted to caffeine, and cant kick start their day without a cup of coffee. it's not unusual for me to have a can pf pepsi with my breakfast.  coke, (although of course i can drink it if pepsi's not available, just doesnt do it for me in the same way

I am a 'cold caffeine' addict too!   Servers just don't understand why I don't want coffee at breakfast.

I recall in my teenage years loving a Pepsi and a bag of Fritos for 'breakfast'😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, complawyer said:

for me it was an ice cold can of pepsi and a snickers bar!!! to this day (im 75) i still consider this the "breakfast of champions)

My DH grew up pouring a 'nickel' bag of peanuts in his Pepsi.  Our kids never could understand that one🙄

13 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

My DH grew up pouring a 'nickel' bag of peanuts in his Pepsi.  Our kids never could understand that one🙄

Can't say I understand that one either, I'm afraid. 🥴

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DorothyB said:

I'm a Dr Pepper girl so neither Coke or Pepsi make me happy 😞

Well... that trumps both Coke & Pepsi, of course! 🤭 DH would disagree though as he hates anything "cherry". 

1 minute ago, SofaSogood said:

Well... that trumps both Coke & Pepsi, of course! 🤭 DH would disagree though as he hates anything "cherry". 

Does he consider all Dr Pepper to be "cherry"?  I like plain old original Dr Pepper (but not the one with "real sugar")

32 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Blasphemy, they went into an ice cold 6.5 oz ice cold GLASS Co Cola

Says this native Atlantan . 🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DorothyB said:

Does he consider all Dr Pepper to be "cherry"?  I like plain old original Dr Pepper (but not the one with "real sugar")

Yep. I don't get it either, but oh well. 🙂 

8 hours ago, complawyer said:

sand and seas, i admit to being 75 years old, and sincerely hope cc doesnt censor this post, but the term "nickel bag" has an entirely different meaning for me (LOL)

and i aint talkin peanuts!!

My DH (your era)  grew up in a extremely small rural town so it was truly only peanuts for a nickel😁

He saw much more of the world when the draft sent him to Vietnam.  I'm a decade behind him and lived in a slightly larger town (with one stoplight), but I was extremely naïve about the world when we married.  (He still has to explain some things I don't understand in movies....)

Edited by Sand and Seas

9 hours ago, complawyer said:

sofasogood. what cruise are you on inaug? for me it was an ice cold can of pepsi and a snickers bar!!! to this day (im 75) i still consider this the "breakfast of champions)

Hi Complawyer,

We're UK based, so leaving Southampton and doing "London" to Lisbon; 8th - 17th August on the NCL Getaway. 🙂 We might stay in Lisbon an extra night to see more of the sights, but not decided on that yet. Hotels are at peak season so it depends if we can find a decent AirB&B for a good price.