Using HDMI port on tv

willyt25

Just a note, we were able to use our Fire TV stick in the TV on the cruise ship.  Once it was a plugged in and powered in HDMI 3 the channel guide showed Channel 0 as the HDMI port and was able change to it.  To move back to the Celebrity instance just use the remote to change the channel up or down.

Game changer.  Also the USB port on the powered the Fire stick to leave an outlet open.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

How does this work? Do you need WiFi for the Amazon Fire stick? How would you log the stick into the ship's WiFi?

Yes, you connect the Fire Stick to WiFi.  

I suggest that you go through the process of setting the FireStick up at home.  Then instead of connecting it to your home WiFi, you connect it t the ship's once you get onboard. 

I use a travel router connected to the ship's WiFi and connect my FireStick to the travel router.  

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 5:35 AM, willyt25 said:

Sorry, it is the Silhouette, and I am using it currently. 

What function are you using?  Are you watching things  that are loaded on your Firestick?

Or have you connected your Firestick to the ship’s WiFi and watching on demand?

I wanted to point out that for any streaming device you need a wifi connection.    Firestick is rather difficult to get to a Captive Logon Page -  It is suppose to pup up a window but as much as I've tried not been successful.    A Roku is a bit easier as it has a pup up that guides you through logging on via a webpage on you and a confirmation code.  

The easiest way to get your Firestick is to create a hotspot on you laptop and first log onto your wifi account and then connect your Firesteick to your hotspot.    Also be aware that if you are out of the country you may also need to use a VPN to make the site believe you are in the U.S.

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

What function are you using?  Are you watching things  that are loaded on your Firestick?

Or have you connected your Firestick to the ship’s WiFi and watching on demand?

Normally I use a Firestick to access online streaming content like Netflix, YouTube and YouTube TV.   I also have a Plex Server on my laptop and can stream from my library of programs and movies from my Firestick or Roku.

On 4/12/2023 at 8:24 AM, mahdnc said:

The way @willyt25 described it in his post, it sounds different than what is portrayed in the video.

Not sure of his conditions but I have been in some rooms that have a Source button on the in-room remote.   If yours does have one you can just press the source button and shift between sources.   Even in the same suite I have had one that has it and one that doesn't.     90% of the Ships remotes I've see do not have a source button.

I board Apex on Saturday so can update my experience on Apex