How valued does this make you feel 🤔

Old_tilly_billy

That’s a very fair point. Minimal effort required by the P&O IT team, but what a payoff in terms of customer goodwill. 

The ones I like are the letters which start by referring to me as one of their most valuable customers - when I’ve bought nothing from them for years.

• Like 5

At least it isn't as bad as when my partner Tony & I booked the complimentary Honeymoon Package when cruising on Arcadia in 2006 not long after our Civil Partnership. We were invited to an event held by the Captain as Mr & Mrs H..... What made it worse was that when I pointed out to the Loyalty Manager that it was Mr H & Mr B, she couldn't even be bothered to apologise...

Definitely took the gloss off of our pleasure that P&O were forward thinking enough to offer the package to same-sex couples.

• Like 1

Jeez, really sorry OP but do you really want to be patted on the head? It’s an automated reply, why are people so demanding, if they call me Mr, Miss, M’s or anything around that I couldn’t give a flyer as long as I have great cruise. 

• Like 5

At least P&O are offering free drinks and vouchers.  Imagine the uproar if they offered nothing. 

If someone sent me a memo that said "'ey up me duck, ta for coming back, 'ave a drink on us" I'm in.  "Oi you, didn't think you'd be back, have a drink or two on us" I'm in.  "Oi, free drink, have it or don't" I'm in.

I'm offended they offered Champagne and no alternatives.  I don't like champagne.  

• Like 2

I'm sure they absolutely could address you by name but it would sure cost alot more to then pay someone to match the letter to the cabin for the huge number of return cruisers.

I'm surprised in this day and age they are even printing out paper letters! I would have expected an email  or a notification on the app 😂

How about if they sent a letter ....🙂

Dear whoever you are ,

Due to our efforts to cut costs and keep everyone happy , we will now  greet everyone

Who steps onboard with a "Hi ya doing " 

We hope this cuts down on people who dislike our letters or the cheap drink we offer you .

Many thanks 

P&O  Bean counter dept 

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, windra06 said:

I'm sure they absolutely could address you by name but it would sure cost alot more to then pay someone to match the letter to the cabin for the huge number of return cruisers.

On our recent Azura cruise we got the voucher in lieu of the welcome on board event for both weeks. As you say, probably easier to give everyone an extra drink rather doing the admin.

8 hours ago, kalos said:

How about if they sent a letter ....🙂

Dear whoever you are ,

Due to our efforts to cut costs and keep everyone happy , we will now  greet everyone

Who steps onboard with a "Hi ya doing " 

We hope this cuts down on people who dislike our letters or the cheap drink we offer you .

Many thanks 

P&O  Bean counter dept 

I’m still in!

Reminds me of a company I worked for where we told all our clients we weren’t sending Christmas cards and we would make a charity donation instead.  And sent that out as a first class letter…

• Haha 6

On 4/11/2023 at 3:16 PM, Old_tilly_billy said:

Really can’t address me by name

That's not so bad. The ones where they use the first part of your email address as your name are the worst! So embarrassing when I get a letter addressed to perkybum1....

• Haha 7