When was your last cruise and your next scheduled cruise.

shepherd really

40 minutes ago, AlexCherie said:

HAL- N/S just before COVID
O - Just after COVID

HAL - Spring, 2023

The changes have been remarkable. One of the things I notice is the moving delta between cost and product, and focus onboard.

And I remarked to my wife that I'd never seen less emphasis on washing hands as we just experienced. 

And a disturbing trend forward: I don't recall seeing as many open cabins available this close to sailing on Oceania as I do now. Before COVID, every interior cabin was assigned for at least 18 months. Not anymore.

I continue to believe at least one if not two operators will be bankrupt by Christmas.

Imagine the news if some 80,000 American guests from various Carnival cruise ships were distributed to ports around the world - and most of them with fewer resources at hand than Crystal passengers at hand. Oh, the humanity.

And despite the incredibly optimistic tenor of that post, we just now booked a Labor Day cruise out of NYC for Bermuda on the Big O. 🙂

I mean, drink package, cash, and a couple of excursions included? Gotta take that one.

• Like 2

would gladly do this one, but we are off to alaska on the regatta and added the LA to LA portion, but will not get off the ship in San Fran..and its an overnight......not the chaos, that city is in...wish O would substitute this port for something else in CA, but what?

Edited by jonthomas
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AlexCherie said:

……I mean, drink package, cash, and a couple of excursions included? Gotta take that one……

Ultimate O Life certainly is a good deal for many O customers - particularly those new to Oceania.

However, as some of the threads here on CC’s O forums have indicated, in many cases, it’s not so great for O regulars with existing bookings wanting to have it added to their deal. Savvy shoppers who have already taken advantage of previous “special” fare pricing on an upcoming cruise are often locked out of “Ultimate” O Life because O denies anything that smells like its definition of “double dipping.”

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

would gladly do this one, but we are off to alaska on the regatta and added the LA to LA portion, but will not get off the ship in San Fran..and its an overnight......not the chaos, that city is in...wish O would substitute this port for something else in CA, but what?

Oh, the horror! Yes - stay on the ship and fear for your life.😳😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Ultimate O Life certainly is a good deal for many O customers - particularly those new to Oceania.

However, as some of the threads here on CC’s O forums have indicated, in many cases, it’s not so great for O regulars with existing bookings wanting to have it added to their deal. Savvy shoppers who have already taken advantage of previous “special” fare pricing on an upcoming cruise are often locked out of “Ultimate” O Life because O denies anything that smells like its definition of “double dipping.”

I noticed a B2B set of cruises between Barcelona and Istanbul - I think an interior cabin was around $3000 for 20 days, plus the package. 

I'm not game for spending several days in Instanbul, but there were a lot of nice cruises with the deal attached.

Surprised at the number of less expensive cabins still available. Maybe alarmed is a better word.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Oh, the horror! Yes - stay on the ship and fear for your life.😳😉

Been to SF, during better times, don't need to visit a city that's so beat up...and don't need your sarcasm either..save it for the criminals and the homeless...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Been to SF, during better times, don't need to visit a city that's so beat up...and don't need your sarcasm either..save it for the criminals and the homeless...

Don't you live in Toronto??

Pot   Kettle  comes to mind 🤔

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Don’t need it? Don’t read it.

Seriously, SF is no different than any other major cosmopolitan city both in worthwhile and unequalled things to do and see as well as isolated pockets of less than ideal behaviors.

“Been to a city” and “live in a city” are vastly different things.

Nonetheless, if you honestly think you’ll be in danger (not just in SF [LOL] or anywhere else), you really should avoid travel that includes those places).

2 hours ago, jonthomas said:

I have considered that exact itinerary  ... including the extension. Being a NYer, there's nothing SF or for that matter LA can show me regarding chaos I haven't seen. 

OTOH, I would never have imagined 20 years ago wanting to use an excursion in an American city for safety's sake. Shame.

17 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

DONE (within the last 12 months):

Summer 2022 Insignia ARN-LIS-NYC  36 days

Autumn 2022 Marina BCN-FCO-MIA   47 days

Winter 2023 Regatta SYD-SYD-PPT   33 days

UPCOMING (so far):

Summer 2023 Insignia: SF-NYC         20 days

Autumn 2023 Regatta: SEA-YVR-LA  23 days

Winter 2024 Riviera: BKK-HK-Tokyo   37 days

Spring 2025 Nautica: CPT-LIS-BCN   26 days

(also looking at one or two more in 2024)

Take a break and leave a cabin for the rest of us.

• Like 1

Last one was on Marina, 19 November - 4 December 2022, Barcelona to Miami.

Next is Vista, 30 August - 17 September 2023, Southampton to New York.  We already have 2 scheduled for 2024 and 1 on the books for 2025.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexCherie said:

I think an interior cabin was around $3000 for 20 days, plus the package. 

Make sure the Ultimate works with that Cabin selection. My cruise in January the Ultimate was only for B4- PH1. There were many other cruises with the same Terms. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexCherie said:

"How many trips do I have left, at 65? Maybe I'm traveling until I'm 75. After 75, I'm taking up room on the ship.

Oooh, gotta differ with that one. I know you're making a rash generalization, and sure, there are plenty of examples of your 'after 75' statement, but...at 77 and 75 respectively, my husband and I are in better shape than many younger travelers/cruisers....happy to say. And while there's always the possibility that things change and s..t happens, we haven't yet started the countdown.

Edited by jazznruby
  • Like 3

Yeah, I was just saying that with my wife when we were walking the dog. 

"How many trips do I have left, at 65? Maybe I'm traveling until I'm 75. After 75, I'm taking up room on the ship.
I've got 20 trips left, if I'm lucky. Maybe 15." Can't waste one of them.

Wow you have me dead many cruises ago..LOL

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah, I was just saying that with my wife when we were walking the dog. 

Boy, are you pessimistic.  Guess those of us close to 80 should give up. 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexCherie said:

Well at least you know your limitations 😉

Enjoy life  it has an expiry date ...you do not know what that date is

• Like 2

Next cruises

May 6  invited to Vista Friends and Family cant go

September 7,23 Regatta YVR to LA 13 days

November 1,23 Vista 2 day trip to nowhere invitation only LA/LA

December 29,23 Insignia Mia to LAX 16 days Panama Canal

Jancruz1

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

You are so amazing Jan 

I do not know how you do it sometimes 😄

Keep on cruising🍷

Thanks Linda,

Stu has his 90th birthday next month and we have 3 more cruises this year..

Miss cruising with you!!

Jancruz1

Unfortunately its the airlines that are stopping us so we decided no more international thats why we are not doing Vista for naming in Malta..

Edited by Jancruz

2 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

Thanks Linda,

Stu has his 90th birthday next month and we have 3 more cruises this year..

Miss cruising with you!!

Jancruz1

Me too!!

Say Hi to Stu  for us

DITTO for all of us who are over 65. Guess we are all cruising on borrowed time.  We’re cruising with Jan, love the spirit. 👍😇🤙🛫🍹🛳️
OK, for those of you who might be concerned about “Hanging in SF”, let this semi local make a suggestion, create your own overnight excursion. Rent a car and book a hotel up along the coast north of San Francisco, Bodega Bay comes to mind.  If you want some fantastic wines, continue up Hwy 101 into the Sonoma wine country and spend the night.  Also consider a slight right turn on I-80 and visit the Napa Valley and enjoy some wonderful wines, dining and hotels. Just line up the off ship overnight with your TA and Oceania and ENJOY.  If I were on board, I would be taking my advice 😇👍.

Mauibabes

• Like 4