Elite check in line?

remydiva

10 hours ago, remydiva said:

First cruise post CoVid. Do they still have Elite check in line and pre boarding lounges? We leave from FLL.

We need to pick up medallion at check in so won’t have any ‘ID’ to show our ‘loyality’ level like in paper boarding pass days.

Thank you for helping me work thru this in my head as I also book Standard Fare. I'm going to take a screenshot loyalty status on my phone & use that to show level on the transatlantic (booked the others so long ago I'm getting the medallion). 

59 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Then I'm stumped. Why would the port person think I couldn't afford whatever I want? It was the only time I had to repeatedly state my medallion was correct & still I was sent to general check in line and it was really long

I can understand your frustration too. We sailed on the Grand in January and were not only Elite but had a suite as well. The port person in charge of the Suite/Elite line said because our boarding passes were green we were not entitled to enter that queue. We argued the point politely with her and gave up in the end and had to snake our way through general boarding. I tried to show documentation by she would have none of it.

As Aussies are not permitted to order a Medallion and have it shipped I had nothing other than the paperwork to prove my status, that is why the paper boarding passes were good. Another thing that we feel miffed about is that there are NO Elite Lounges in Australia no matter what port you sail from and we can't count the number of times we have had to fight to get priority boarding! Honestly I think Melbourne is the worst port in dealing with this.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UpcountryTravelers said:

We have sailed from Ft. Lauderdale since Covid.  No, there is no Elite check in line, and no lounge (that we saw).

We didn't see a lounge either but there was an Elite line.

1 hour ago, wintrev said:

Honestly I think Melbourne is the worst port in dealing with this.

Perhaps, but I recall us boarding a ship in Sydney pre-Covid and there was a designated area for Elites/Suites to wait for boarding as I recall.  Princess doesn't likely have "lounges" in foreign ports.  We are nowhere near the MTP's on Princess (or any other line for that matter), but have boarded in 4 different international ports and one port was like two different ports due to location.  None had a "lounge", but did have priority waiting area prior to ship opening up for guests.  I recall a couple of times being in Port Everglades and not in Princess' main terminal and again was just a sectioned off seating area (long time ago now).

8 hours ago, eclue said:

WE will all get there sooner or later and spend the same amount of time on the ship. We are elite but who cares if we board first....just putting that out there. Safe travels to all!

Except that some people want to be on the ship first in order to have lunch in the DR or reserve seats in the sanctuary so getting onboard ASAP does makes a difference to them.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, suzyed said:
19 hours ago, UpcountryTravelers said:

We have sailed from Ft. Lauderdale since Covid.  No, there is no Elite check in line, and no lounge (that we saw).

There was one 12/9/22 with coffee, tea, juice, and pastries. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, suzyed said:

Elite lounge at Port Everglades Terminal 2 is on the 2nd floor.  After you are finished checking in, the workers will either direct you to the elevator (if needed) or through the door leading to the escalator.  Lounge is right after getting off the escalator and next to one of the ramps used when boarding the ship.  Have the pastries and drinks mentioned by Ombud.

The few times we have been at Terminal 21, there is just a small separate seating area next to where you board.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Except that some people want to be on the ship first in order to have lunch in the DR or reserve seats in the sanctuary so getting onboard ASAP does makes a difference to them.

I suppose that might be the case for some, but not for us....

• Like 2

12 hours ago, wintrev said:

I can understand your frustration too. We sailed on the Grand in January and were not only Elite but had a suite as well. The port person in charge of the Suite/Elite line said because our boarding passes were green we were not entitled to enter that queue. We argued the point politely with her and gave up in the end and had to snake our way through general boarding. I tried to show documentation by she would have none of it.

As Aussies are not permitted to order a Medallion and have it shipped I had nothing other than the paperwork to prove my status, that is why the paper boarding passes were good. Another thing that we feel miffed about is that there are NO Elite Lounges in Australia no matter what port you sail from and we can't count the number of times we have had to fight to get priority boarding! Honestly I think Melbourne is the worst port in dealing with this.

Canadians can’t order medallions either so I feel your pain. All I have is my booking confirmation with the word ELITE in teeny tiny font size 8 that I have highlighted.

Bring back paper boarding pass as an option !

4 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Elite lounge at Port Everglades Terminal 2 is on the 2nd floor.  After you are finished checking in, the workers will either direct you to the elevator (if needed) or through the door leading to the escalator.  Lounge is right after getting off the escalator and next to one of the ramps used when boarding the ship.  Have the pastries and drinks mentioned by Ombud.

The few times we have been at Terminal 21, there is just a small separate seating area next to where you board.

Yes, have used the lounge in the past but honestly since the restart of cruising. On all of the 4 sailing we have just walked on the ship without any wait after checking in. No lounge necessary. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

Yes, have used the lounge in the past but honestly since the restart of cruising. On all of the 4 sailing we have just walked on the ship without any wait after checking in. No lounge necessary. 

They're getting real quick at getting the rooms ready. ✔️

• Like 3

Just so I’m clear, in FLL, as an Elite, do I wait in the line outside after dropping bags off or do I go past all the folks lined up and show Elite medallion to enter the building.  I do not want people saying things for cutting the line.

thanks for the help

41 minutes ago, SteelerFanXL said:

Just so I’m clear, in FLL, as an Elite, do I wait in the line outside after dropping bags off or do I go past all the folks lined up and show Elite medallion to enter the building.  I do not want people saying things for cutting the line.

thanks for the help

For as long as I can remember, there are 2 lines outside Terminal 2.  One is for priority and the other is the non priority line.  The lines are separated by a rope with a Priority Sign for one line.  Don't know what it may be for Terminal 21 as we haven't been at that terminal post Covid.

Depending on how early you arrive, you might have to stand in the outside line if the terminal doors aren't open.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelerFanXL said:

thanks for the help

After dropping off your bags you still have to wait in the line outside the terminal, especially if you arrive early. All our cruises had two lines, one for Elite & one for everyone else, although I've been reading lately that they sometimes only form one line.

It would be nice if they indicated the lines more clearly.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 8:18 PM, Steelers36 said:

As someone else suggested, perhaps you arrived after general boarding had begun and then there is no need for a lounge nor priority waiting area as you just head right onto the ship after completing the check-in process.

We checked in at Terminal 2 Saturday. There is a separate entrance door for Priority Check-in - Suites, Elite, and Platinum. It is marked by a banner. Once inside there are 2 green lanes with one marked for priority boarding. Boarding group numbers are handed out on arrival in the waiting area. Elite, platinum, and suite guests board with the first groups 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

We checked in at Terminal 2 Saturday. There is a separate entrance door for Priority Check-in - Suites, Elite, and Platinum. It is marked by a banner. Once inside there are 2 green lanes with one marked for priority boarding. Boarding group numbers are handed out on arrival in the waiting area. Elite, platinum, and suite guests board with the first groups 

Sounds like it used to be ... and sounds good.  Not every terminal has this setup.  But at least should have the separate waiting area if checked in prior to boarding time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cdrmer said:

Arrived at the pier  about 12:15. Like I said utter chaos. No defined lines.

Was this at terminal 2 and for a checkin that began on time?  I know some of the recent Caribbean Princess departures have been delayed with a day or two of advance notice.  The only time we have sailed out of terminal 2 post Covid without 2 lines was a similar case were passengers were notified that embarkation was delayed due to a medical emergency on board that wrecked the arrival schedule.  When we arrived as instructed there was only 1 chaotic line.  That was definitely out of the ordinary.

48 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Was this at terminal 2 and for a checkin that began on time?  I know some of the recent Caribbean Princess departures have been delayed with a day or two of advance notice.  The only time we have sailed out of terminal 2 post Covid without 2 lines was a similar case were passengers were notified that embarkation was delayed due to a medical emergency on board that wrecked the arrival schedule.  When we arrived as instructed there was only 1 chaotic line.  That was definitely out of the ordinary.

It wasn’t Terminal 2 on 12 March.   We boarded the Regal Princess on the 12 March for a 7 day cruise and had one of our  quickest smoothest boarding ever. Think the Caribbean princess was at Terminal 21

6 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

It wasn’t Terminal 2 on 12 March.   We boarded the Regal Princess on the 12 March for a 7 day cruise and had one of our  quickest smoothest boarding ever. Think the Caribbean princess was at Terminal 21

Terminal 21 is problematic because it is not a terminal designed and dedicated solely to Princess ships like terminal 2.  It is used by a number of lines when they have more than one ship in port so the set-up is generic.

On 4/12/2023 at 1:36 PM, Steelers36 said:

What terminal were you at?  Something a-miss here.  Most certainly there is as others attest.

Perhaps the poster who said “no elite line/lounge” did not arrive at the crack of dawn.  I tend to arrive after noon and I have never seen an elite lounge (holding pen).

• Like 1