Single supplement discount

Recently passed the 340 point mark and was wondering if the 50% single supplement discount is applied automatically on the Royal website? As a family of 5 there are times it may make sense to book a single if the the price is right and the extra space would be helpful. I played around with a few reservations on the Royal website and entered my CA number.  But the price for 1 was always double so clearly not pricing at the 150% rate.   Is it just limited to certain cruises or do I need to call to get an accurate price?   If limited, are there any specifics on when?  I’ve tried it on a few with very different dates and still no luck.  

TIA.  

4 minutes ago, topnole said:

Recently passed the 340 point mark and was wondering if the 50% single supplement discount is applied automatically on the Royal website? As a family of 5 there are times it may make sense to book a single if the the price is right and the extra space would be helpful. I played around with a few reservations on the Royal website and entered my CA number.  But the price for 1 was always double so clearly not pricing at the 150% rate.   Is it just limited to certain cruises or do I need to call to get an accurate price?   If limited, are there any specifics on when?  I’ve tried it on a few with very different dates and still no luck.  

TIA.  

You need to enter in the promo section as DP340 in conjunction with the C&A #  and press go.

• Thanks 1

Once Pinnacle you don't need to manually enter DP340.  No idea why, but D+ have to enter it every.  single.  time. 

This may be one of the biggest unpublished Pinnacle perks.  I can't tell you how many times I have entered DP340 before that.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, twangster said:

Once Pinnacle you don't need to manually enter DP340.  No idea why, but D+ have to enter it every.  single.  time. 

Separate databases and systems that are operating live.

The C&A database is not live with the booking engine and only updates nightly.  In the C&A database they have both points and level while in the booking engine they only have level so since you can be D+ with less than 340 points they can't automatically give the discount to all like they do the PINS. Making do with legacy systems and spending money on ships instead of the back of house.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Separate databases and systems that are operating live.

The C&A database is not live with the booking engine and only updates nightly.  In the C&A database they have both points and level while in the booking engine they only have level so since you can be D+ with less than 340 points they can't automatically give the discount to all like they do the PINS. Making do with legacy systems and spending money on ships instead of the back of house.

And another reason to add D++ and D+++ levels.  🙂

• Like 4