Laundry Wash & Fold versus Back Home Laundry Bag

Joe33472

I was on the Celebrity website looking around and I'm just wondering what the difference is between these two offers and if it's even worth purchasing either before our cruise.  We're definitely going to need laundry at some point (maybe two of those paper bags).  Does it make any sense to prepurchase?  

image.png.8ed9539f34e0467b099ad1e9542ccd81.png

image.png.38b5c18af99b4c0af879bdeb2930537d.png

Edited by Joe33472
fix spelling

Appears to be 1 bag vs (up to) 3 bags

If you click on it, it will say:

"

Overview

Allow our stateroom attendants to attend to your laundry while you enjoy your vacation. Fill up to three bags of laundry during your cruise, leave it in your room, and our attendants will wash, fold, and return your clothing to your stateroom.

"

22 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Appears to be 1 bag vs (up to) 3 bags

If you click on it, it will say:

"

Overview

Allow our stateroom attendants to attend to your laundry while you enjoy your vacation. Fill up to three bags of laundry during your cruise, leave it in your room, and our attendants will wash, fold, and return your clothing to your stateroom.

"

Thanks, I didn’t see that.  So it’s the same sized bags, just three of them? 

25 minutes ago, Joe33472 said:

Thanks, I didn’t see that.  So it’s the same sized bags, just three of them? 

Never done it but that's what it looks like to me, I can't imagine they'd bother with having a different size bag.  This is new (to me at least)...

It should also be noted that we've probably done 20th total bags, twice they came back with an unpleasant smell, first time I we just dealt with it but the second time the cabin attendant agreed and re-washed at no cost...They wash your clothing with other passengers clothing so if their stuff stinks yours probably will too

For the back home bag, does anyone know if you have to turn in all three bags of laundry on the same day? Or can you turn two bags in on day 2 and one bag on day 6 (for a 10 day cruise) for example? 

We'll be traveling a bit before our cruise departs and I'm hoping to minimize the amount of luggage/clothes we have to bring. If I can turn in the bags on different days the back home bag seems like a good deal for us.

The description seems to say you can turn them in any time during the cruise, but it's not explicit if they have to all be on the same day or not.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2023 at 9:59 PM, Mrs_Duffy said:

For the back home bag, does anyone know if you have to turn in all three bags of laundry on the same day? Or can you turn two bags in on day 2 and one bag on day 6 (for a 10 day cruise) for example? 

The description seems to say you can turn them in any time during the cruise, but it's not explicit if they have to all be on the same day or not.  

I'd love to know about that too. I might call customer service and ask, as I'd prefer to do 3 bags at different times, so I can reduce the amount of clothes we bring. Doing 3 bags at the end does not help out as much. 

On a totally different point. Does anyone have a picture or know how big the bag is? How much can you stuff into it. I know on Holland America, we could stuff quite a lot of shirts, underwear and socks into the bags they provide. 

Ok, I found a picture of the bag from back in April on another thread, but without anything by it, I can't tell how big it is. 

IMG_2056.jpeg

Edited by drowelf

We are able to get 20-25 items in the bag depending on whether we are sending out jeans vs leggings😊.  We do not send out any dress pants/shirts, blouses, or things that require cool or cold water. We use the wash & fold for undies, work out clothes, socks, pj’s, tee shirts, and denim shorts or jeans.  The items come back folded but not hung and sometimes more wrinkled than others.  DHs hankies seem to come back washed and wadded😳

1 hour ago, drowelf said:

Ok, I found a picture of the bag from back in April on another thread, but without anything by it, I can't tell how big it is. 

I found this recent video that might be helpful.  The person who created the video was able to fit 21 items in the bag.  

Edited by Joe33472
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Octavias said:

I’m confused, what is the “back home” laundry bag and why is it so much more expensive than the wash and fold? 

It is available for purchase pre cruise.  It is for 3 bags of wash and fold

• Like 1

We have just returned from a cruise and pre purchased the laundry package (wash, dry and press).  You can get a lot in that bag!   There is an offer at the moment for pre cruise purchase. We also had further laundry during the cruise all washed and ironed to perfection.  As we are elite plus, we get two bags of wash, dry fold which we took advantage of to come home. 

I would think the 3 bags of laundry would need to be put in at the same time, but not sure on that one.

We get  some free laundry as elite plus members.  We just send out underwear, pj's, socks and cheap tee shirts.  I wouldn't send them anything valuable as they mix the laundry and use very hot water.  Also as somebody previously said they put little stickers on the laundry which isn't easy to remove.  Dry cleaning not bad for a fee of course. But if you have cruise credit and want to use it great.

Edited by Cruise a holic

TL:DR They're not going to go through the clothes and judge are they?

Can anyone confirm if you can share the 3 bags with different staterooms, especially if they are connecting?  We booked two rooms, wife and 2 girls in one room, husband and one son in second connecting.  In reality, it will be adults in one room and kids in the other.  I imagine in we get the back home package, we can use it for the whole family.  I also would assume it would have to be picked up and delivered to whichever stateroom we purchased it under.  But I can't imagine they're going to say, "ohh, the boys room has girl undies in it."  Can anyone confirm?

20 hours ago, drowelf said:

I'd love to know about that too. I might call customer service and ask, as I'd prefer to do 3 bags at different times, so I can reduce the amount of clothes we bring. Doing 3 bags at the end does not help out as much. 

On a totally different point. Does anyone have a picture or know how big the bag is? How much can you stuff into it. I know on Holland America, we could stuff quite a lot of shirts, underwear and socks into the bags they provide. 

IMG_2056.jpeg

I kept a note of what we put in our bag on a recent cruise. I watched the YouTube video posted above and used that technique! 

IMG_2689.jpeg

I was looking on the app & online to see if the laundry bag was on sale this weekend but I can’t find it. I purchased one already but now can’t locate where I did it? Also, is there a way to see what else I have purchased? I can see the excursions but is there a central spot to see it all? The app is not very user friendly!

4 hours ago, bons said:

I was looking on the app & online to see if the laundry bag was on sale this weekend but I can’t find it. I purchased one already but now can’t locate where I did it? Also, is there a way to see what else I have purchased? I can see the excursions but is there a central spot to see it all? The app is not very user friendly!

You’ll find it on the website - Manage Reservation / Plan my cruise / Gifts and Gear. Showing as 25% off just now for me. 

You can see your order history on the same page  by selecting the circle with your initials on the top right hand side. 

IMG_2691.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BamaTraveler said:

For the "fill a bag" promotion, how long until the laundered clothing is returned?

It will depend on how busy the ship laundry is. For our recent sailing, it was 24 hours. 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2023 at 4:55 AM, photabitha said:

I would think the 3 bags of laundry would need to be put in at the same time, but not sure on that one.

I finally decided to call Celebrity to find out, and what I was told coincides with what @photabitha says above.  The representative said all three bags of laundry need to be put in at the same time with the "back home" laundry offer.  

That changes things a little bit for me.  I think I'd rather just purchase three of the wash and fold bags in advance so that we can turn a bag every 3 or 4 days.

Edited by Joe33472
  • Like 5