If you have a Deluxe Beverage package...

surgie

4 minutes ago, surgie said:

Do you find it necessary to also have a water package or is it easy enough to pick up bottles throughout the day? (Radiance)

Depends how much you drink.  I still buy a set of bottles for the room because I don't want to have to remember to grab one at the end of the night and I need water constantly.  I also bring a refillable water bottle to have around the ship but filling it in the room isn't as easy.  It's worth it for ME, but I think for many they find they don't need both.  All depends on your habits 🙂

• Like 2

We always cruise with a Deluxe Bev package.  We never felt the need for a water package. On the first day or 2, we would get a drink and ask for a water bottle.  It was never a problem. We would save the water bottles in our fridge.  After the first day or so, we had enough water bottles in our room fridge for the pretty much the rest of the cruise and excursions.

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Like 5

Most probably wouldn’t need a separate water package.   It’s easy enough to order waters each time the first day or two and keep enough stock in the room.  But if you don’t mind spending extra, I guess it would be more convenient to order some and no worry at all.  Up to you, but I’ve never felt the need.   

I would definitely not pay for a separate water pkg for your room.  We drink a lot of water, but with the beverage pkg, just always, always ask for a bottle of water (or 2) when you get a drink, and then take them back to your room. As another poster said, the bartenders get used to you and as soon as you approach the bar they will automatically pull out the water for you. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I'd rather pick up a COLD water bottle from a bar or other venue /not be responsible for keeping them chilled in the room myself.  

Majority of the time, the bottles of water sit on the counter at most bars so they're room temp when you order them. 

Many people buy things that are not needed for convenience.  However, you already paid for it, so need to double the price.  But it is your choice, not ours.  For anyone that doesn't like room temperature water, all water out of the tap, at home, or most places is warm, until it has ice in it, or chilled.  Even if you carry water off the ship, most likely it is not cold.  Personally, I don't care, what temp it is.

We tended to end our nights in the same place, so when we said goodnight the bartender loaded me down with a roadie, 2 waters and a diet coke for the AM nightly.  After making good use of the drink package it was a challenge to get all that juggled- I made sure to have a zip up sweatshirt with inside pockets that the waters fit in for easier transport 🙂