Promotions call

damiross

</start rant>

I received a promotions call today from Princess.  I had to hang up on the guy because

• :He was speaking too slowly and with a heavy accent.
  • After "congratulating" me reaching Platinum, he should have gone directly into his sales promotion. I did ask him to get to the point but he kept with the script he was obviously reading.
  • He kept calling me Mr. David every third sentence (Yes, my name is David but it is NOT MR. David)

Is Princess really trying to kill off its regular customers?  No free Wi-Fi for Platinum/Elite, telephone calls that take hours (thank goodness for chat), no mints, no evening turn-downs, and now promotion calls outsourced to overseas locations?

</end rant>

Edited by damiross
grammar, reasons revision
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I hear you - being under CCL, and with a heavy debt load (Princess has delivered 2 ships during the pandemic, and have 2 more under order) I'm sure the pressure is on management to deliver returns.  Regrettably, doing things to cut costs and drum up sales like you mentioned is the strategy they are going for.  The non refundable "gty only fares", trimming of onboard benefits, upsell opportunities from 3rd parties - it's all part of a strategy to pad the bottom line.  The princess pricing on voyages next year is a bit obscene (alaska, med) - I think it may backfire on them (and the industry as a whole).  It's pretty apparent that most cruisers are value driven and have proved to tolerate either low prices + up-charging, or higher prices and no up-charging - but much of that market won't tolerate both.

2 hours ago, damiross said:

</start rant>

I received a promotions call today from Princess.  I had to hang up on the guy because

• After "congratulating" me reaching Platinum, he should have gone directly into his sales promotion. I did ask him to get to the point but he kept with the script he was obviously reading.
  • He kept calling me Mr. David every third sentence (Yes, my name is David but it is NOT MR. David)

Is Princess really trying to kill off its regular customers?  No free Wi-Fi for Platinum/Elite, telephone calls that take hours (thank goodness for chat), no mints, no evening turn-downs, and now promotion calls outsourced to overseas locations?

</end rant>

I have been on 5 cruises since the restart and have gotten turndown service with patter delivered every night of every cruise

• Like 3

The company is a third party company hired by Princess to promote promotions. I suggest calling Princess directly to see what promotions he was talking about. 

• Like 1

I called Princess today to get info on a cruise we are looking to book.  Once he gave me all the info he asked me if I would like to hear about some upcoming promotions that Princess was offering, thinking this was about some more benefits I aggreed to hear about this...    Finally another man came on with a British accent and started his spill.  He then sent me this email with all the iinfo;                           ,

It was a pleasure speaking with you today and reviewing all the amazing ways you can cruise with princess.

Per our conversation, a Princess Future Cruise Package provides incredible incremental value and flexibility by allowing you to reserve your next Princess cruise without having to commit to a specific sail date. Priced at $7,499, your package includes $6,000 of Future Cruise Credits, $300 of Onboard Credits, $750 of Hotel Credits, and one 7-night Stay Certificate plus two 2-night Stay Certificates. Here’s a bit more information on each of the package components:

Future Cruise Credits (FCCs)

Future Cruise Credits allow you to purchase your Princess cruise(s) once you are ready to book. Each FCC is worth $1, allows you to sail over the next 24 months, and can be used towards any future cruise booking with Princess. FCCs may be applied to one cruise or multiple cruises - the choice is yours!

Onboard Credits (OBCs)

An Onboard Credit (OBC) is a dollar amount that will be credited to your account for the first cruise booked as part of your Princess Future Cruise Package. Onboard Credits can be applied to expenses charged using your Princess Medallion during your cruise and can also be used as credit towards shore excursions, beverages, items purchased in the Shops of Princess, and services at the Lotus Spa.

Hotel Credits

Hotel Credits are exclusive to Princess Future Cruise Packages and allow you to save on hotel rooms found in the Princess Promotions hotel store. This booking engine includes tens of thousands of hotels around the world, including some of your favorite resort and island locations. Your Hotel Credits expire in 24 months, giving you plenty of time to find your next exciting destination.

Stay Certificates

Your package includes one 7-night Stay Certificate plus two 2-night Stay Certificates that can be used to reserve accommodations, at thousands of top-rated hotels and resorts around the world. You can combine your Stay Certificates as a pre- or post-stay with your cruise or use it for an entirely separate vacation. Like your cruise, you must complete your stay within 24 months of purchasing your package. Where will you go?

Whether you prefer a Princess Package, or a Princess cruise, we’re here to help you build an incredible getaway you’re sure to love. I’ll reach out to you again within the next few days. In the interim, if you have any questions or would like to book, please contact me directly by email, or give me a call at 1-800-901-1172 ext. 91032 and we can get started!

Thank you again for your time,

Robert

proxy?source=https%3A%2F%2Fbook.princess.com%2Fimages%2Fcc%2FPC_Ship_Image.jpg

Robert Chatterjee

Cruise Vacation Planner

proxy?source=https%3A%2F%2Fbook.princess.com%2Fimages%2Fcc%2FPhone_Image.png

1-800-901-1172 ext. 91032

proxy?source=https%3A%2F%2Fbook.princess.com%2Fimages%2Fcc%2FTime_Image.png

7am-7pm PT M-F

proxy?source=https%3A%2F%2Fbook.princess.com%2Fimages%2Fcc%2FFB_Image.png

Follow our CVP Department >

proxy?source=https%3A%2F%2Fbook.princess.com%2Fimages%2Fcc%2FPrincess_Logo.png

Refer Me > to friends & family and give me a shout on social media!.

Note all calls from me will have a Caller ID of (661) 753-0303, please save this to your phone.

I told him I had to thnk about it and he then offered me more cruise credits finally i told him again I need to give it more thought so with that he said he would call me back tonight and he just did.  I didn't answer the phone.    What do you all think of this?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, damiross said:

</start rant>

</end rant>

Settle down Francis, he's just trying to make a living. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

My name and number are on the list for multiple cruise lines. I understand that part of the work responsibilities for the agents is for them to call customers and try to convince them to book future cruises. I appreciate their dedication and I know they are just trying to make a living.  I rarely if ever answer the phone, however.  They can leave a message, and if I am interested, I will get back to them. They also send me emails which I can review at my leisure. 

I do NOT consider cruise calls as SPAM, because it was my decision to allow this communication by originally booking the cruises and talking to the agents.  I agree that patience and kindness are great virtues, and frequently lacking in this country.

• Like 6

On 4/25/2023 at 1:49 PM, CATGUY7 said:

Can I ask what the promotion was, or did he ever get around to it?

He never got around too it.  He was too busy reading the script, even though I asked him a couple of times to get to the point.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2023 at 5:21 PM, LibertyBella said:

. They also send me emails which I can review at my leisure. 

I ask for them to send me emails. I rarely too.
I have also told Princess I want promotional EMAIL, not promotional CALLS.  Evidently, the word email is synonymous with call and I get the call, not the email.

On 4/25/2023 at 5:53 PM, runner15km said:

Settle down Francis, he's just trying to make a living. 

Very few of us maintain a telephone for the purpose of receiving commercial solicitations. I suggest that this person find a more dignified way to make a living than by intruding upon people's privacy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/25/2023 at 6:21 PM, LibertyBella said:

I do NOT consider cruise calls as SPAM, because it was my decision to allow this communication by originally booking the cruises and talking to the agents.

Every purchase that you make entitles the vendor to call you endlessly about further purchases? My, my.

• 8 months later...

Please BEWARE.  We did sign up for the $7499 promoton and are very sorry.

We needed to cancel two months after agreeing to this promtion.  Guess what:  there

is a 7-day cancellation that they will claim they told me about on the phone call.  They

did not say that.  It has been a nightmare working with Princess.  It is my word vs. their

word.  You get NO contract discusssing cancellation. It appears to be a scam because there is NO contract; all verbal.  Once they start

deducting monthly payments, you have no recourse but to cancel your credit card.

No customer service agents are really able to help because this promotion comes

from an outsourced company.  When I did get a supervisor in the Promtions arm of

this debacle, I asked for the quality assurance tape which would prove

that I did not agree to a 7-day cancellation.  They will not provide me with the taped

conversation.  DO NOT work with Princess Promotions.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Glo-Girl said:

We needed to cancel two months after agreeing to this promtion.  Guess what:  there

is a 7-day cancellation that they will claim they told me about on the phone call.  They

did not say that.  It has been a nightmare working with Princess.  It is my word vs. their

word.  You get NO contract discusssing cancellation. It appears to be a scam because there is NO contract; all verbal.  Once they start

deducting monthly payments, you have no recourse but to cancel your credit card.

from an outsourced company.  When I did get a supervisor in the Promtions arm of

that I did not agree to a 7-day cancellation.  They will not provide me with the taped

We got a call too. Caller ID said Princess so we picked up, but we said no to the pitch.  They did know many things specific to our cruise history. 

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Glo-Girl said:

Very sorry to hear of the trouble you have gone through...but thank you for coming to CC and posting so that maybe others will not fall into the same trap.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 9:30 AM, Glo-Girl said:

Hi! My parents are having significant issues with Princess promotions after purchasing one of these packages. Were you ever able to resolve things? Do you have any contact info for people at PP or ONE that were responsive?

• Like 1

This is a very important thread. Very relevant especially now.

I have 4 Princess booked. I have been receiving these calls about once a week. Sometimes it says Princess and other  times Santa Clarita. I let it go to voicemail now.

On 1/8/2024 at 8:30 AM, Glo-Girl said:

I have started letting the caller know that I am going to record the conversation and I ask if I have their permission to record. If they say no then I end the call. If they say yes I put my phone speaker on and then I turn the video on, on my iPad. When I start the recording, I ask again if I have their permission to record the conversation.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dog said:

This is a very important thread. Very relevant especially now.

I have 4 Princess booked. I have been receiving these calls about once a week. Sometimes it says Princess and other  times Santa Clarita. I let it go to voicemail now.

I would definitely not give Princess Promotions your money. My parents paid and immediately were locked out. It’s been 8 weeks with no answers, no help, nothing. If they want to book hotel, flight, or excursions, they are unable to apply their already purchased credits - they’re told they need to pay out of pocket until the issue is fixed, but no one can or will fix the issue.

1 minute ago, Kira KH said:

I would definitely not give Princess Promotions your money. My parents paid and immediately were locked out. It’s been 8 weeks with no answers, no help, nothing. If they want to book hotel, flight, or excursions, they are unable to apply their already purchased credits - they’re told they need to pay out of pocket until the issue is fixed, but no one can or will fix the issue.

As many others mentioned in this  forum we are well aware of this matter.

I am very sorry your parents got caught up in this mess.