Cunarder Summer 2023

North West Newbie

19 hours ago, alibabacruisers said:

What a nice Cunarder cover!  I hope we get one too here in Australia.

Thank You 👍   It's a former colleague of mine  Jag Sihra  who was responsible for the cover design, including a very interesting article ( page 12)  of her work for Cunard creating the luxurious World Voyage gift collections on Silk .    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheOldBear said:

I don't recall the last time we received a printed magazine - I think it was before our 2019 sailing, or possibly earlier. 

This is the first one I’ve had since Covid, and I haven’t had the Yearbook either.

Edited by exlondoner

20 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Was it a year book? Hardly coffee table worthy. Anyway, it was paper bin collection day so both of us read it, quickly and it went in the bin. 🙂

Hey Victoria 2 , don't be a 'Debbie Downer',  at least celebrate that Cunard Line is now able to move forward towards 'some sense of normality' even if it's only to sending out a Cunarder magazine.  For the past three years ( 2020)  we have seen a reduction in the Cunard Brand ,  from the onboard cocktail receptions ( I understand you don't attend them, however ,many of us do)  Hosted tables, Gentlemen dance hosts and the list could go on.

Let's celebrate  !  Cunarder Magazine is back .     

Edited by Bell Boy
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Hey Victoria 2 , don't be a 'Debbie Downer',  at least celebrate that Cunard Line is now able to move forward towards 'some sense of normality' even if it's only to sending out a Cunarder magazine.  For the past three years ( 2020)  we have seen a reduction in the Cunard Brand ,  from the onboard cocktail receptions ( I understand you don't attend them, however ,many of us do)  Hosted tables, Gentlemen dance hosts and the list could go on.

Hey @Bell Boy , some folk just don't understand the tradition. 😉😉

Year Book Collection Plus.jpg

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Not a DD at all. If it had been a hard back Year Book such as those kindly shown in the photograph above, it would have been kept. I'm rather fond of those ever since we started being worthy of them. 

As it was, The Cunarder was read and then discarded as it isn't/wasn't the sort of publication we would pick up and read again and it wasn't coffee table stuff so why bother keeping it.

If anyone celebrates Cunard getting back to some kind of normal, with seven booked cruises I think I can safely say we do even if we don't attend the mass cocktail receptions. 🙂

Edited by Victoria2

2 hours ago, techteach said:

@Victoria2 You make me smile.

Thank you. I think!  🙂

I had to smile at the Debbie Downer moniker because the way I champion the Cunard brand, I would have thought Ursula Upper would be more appropriate!  😄

But then in some eyes, I'm probably Non U with my 'radical' thoughts how Cunard needs to stay relevant/in business whilst still maintaining the bones of it's USP.

Either way, a smile burns more calories than a frown so let's all smile. 🙂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Thank you. I think!  🙂

I had to smile at the Debbie Downer moniker because the way I champion the Cunard brand, I would have thought Ursula Upper would be more appropriate!  😄

But then in some eyes, I'm probably Non U with my 'radical' thoughts how Cunard needs to stay relevant/in business whilst still maintaining the bones of it's USP.

Either way, a smile burns more calories than a frown so let's all smile. 🙂

Well at least I woke you up . 😅

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Well at least I woke you up . 😅

No, just got my brain going for a suitable reply!!😁

It it is marvellous to see the company gearing up for a return to normal, even if the normal is a new normal.

If  ever on the same QA or QV cruise, you must pop in for drinks. We're always up for visitors. 🙂

DH and I were talking about 2025, our next cruise year. I really want to try QV based on so many positive comments on CC. We are just really limited to time of year due to DH’s work responsibilities. I’ll be so glad when he retires! We have QM2 for the 4th of July cruise, and if it were to be cancelled I have DH convinced to do Alaska on QE.

• 4 weeks later...