Leaving Monday how many outfits do I actually need. Lol

4 day cruise 

bathing suit / cover up 

Casual day outfit 

Evening outfit  

For each day for me and my 2 girls?  Or to much?  I feel like we will be in bathing suits/cover ups most of the time.  How many outfits do I pack? 😭

Also in the evening can my husband where khaki shorts in the dining room with a polo top.   On formal night he will wear pants and a button down. 

thanks!!!

Being a guy, nothing wrong with hubbie's outfits.  Just make shorts nice shorts vs cargo.  Dockers, polo can also be option for formal nights and any time.  loafers, sneakers, flops.

Some women travelers advice the old mix and match for casual outfits where 2 tops and 2 bottoms make 4 outfits.  Ubiquitous little black dress works for more dressier venues. sneakers flops and a couple of flats to match outfits.    But , hey, I'm a guy, what do I know😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That list seems pretty reasonable to me.

As a guy, I basically pack a t-shirt per day (with an extra or 2), a couple pairs of shorts, a pair of khakis for at night (I sometimes just wear shorts), and a polo/casual short sleeve button down shirt for each night (that's as dressy as I get). Then of course 1-2 swimsuits and a rash guard or 2 for beach/pool b/c I burn not tan and they're easier to throw on and don't get all wrinkled when laying around on loungers like cotton t-shirts.

• Thanks 1

Looks good to me. I planned clothing similarly to you during our last cruise, and thought I overpacked but ended up wearing almost everything and recycled capris for a short while one day. Maybe 2 bathing suits if one will get wet? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Twinmom_2015 said:

4 day cruise 

bathing suit / cover up 

Casual day outfit 

Evening outfit  

For each day for me and my 2 girls?  Or to much?  I feel like we will be in bathing suits/cover ups most of the time.  How many outfits do I pack? 😭

Also in the evening can my husband where khaki shorts in the dining room with a polo top.   On formal night he will wear pants and a button down. 

thanks!!!

Split the difference. A button down isn't even necessary. A poll and khakis long or short is fine on even formal night.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Twinmom_2015 said:

4 day cruise 

bathing suit / cover up 

Casual day outfit 

Evening outfit  

thanks!!!

Here's what I'd pack for myself for four days -- it's 12 items and would fit in a rolling carry-on:  

- Shorts & top for boarding day -- would repeat the shorts on an island day 

- Second pair of shorts 

- Three tops, which would match both pair of shorts 

- 2 Casual dresses for dinner 

- 2 bathing suits + cover ups --- we spend lots of time in our swimsuits, so two are worthwhile and I don't like putting on a wet suit 

- Nightgown 

- Workout outfit 

- Flat white sneakers for boarding + simple sandals that'd work for the pool or with the casual dresses 

3 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Being a guy, nothing wrong with hubbie's outfits.  Just make shorts nice shorts vs cargo.  Dockers, polo can also be option for formal nights and any time.  loafers, sneakers, flops.

Some women travelers advice the old mix and match for casual outfits where 2 tops and 2 bottoms make 4 outfits.  Ubiquitous little black dress works for more dressier venues. sneakers flops and a couple of flats to match outfits.    But , hey, I'm a guy, what do I know😁

My husband would not be comfortable wearing shorts in the MDR ... he'd bring nice jeans or Dockers /paired with a polo or Hawaiian shirt.  

I don't think you'll have a formal night on a four-night.  

I'd never wear a "little black dress".  Too plain, too nothing.  

• Thanks 1

I agree you will probably be in bathing suits all day so an outfit for daytime is not really necessary.  I’d bring 2 light dresses & a pair of shirts/capris with 2 tops to match.  You’re already wearing an outfit to board.  Mix match rewear.  No one on board will notice.

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1

We just got back from a 5 night to Western Caribbean, and I found I packed too many “nice outfits” (ie white jeans and a colorful top) for dinner.  Of the 5 nights we ate 1 night at Chops, 2 nights in the main dining room & 2 nights in the Windjammer.  The first night and the last night are casual and I wore shorts both days when I had planned to wear a nicer outfit. 

Hubby wore shorts & a print button down every night except when we went to Chops when he wore long pants. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1