Summit water

the sea and me

7 hours ago, RichYak said:

A bottle of premium water is full price plus gratuity with the Classic Beverage Plan. It's the primary reason I will probably upgrade to premium for my August sailing. One VitaminWater and 2 Pellegrinos per day and I'm just about at the break even point without factoring in any premium liquor.

That doesn't make sense. I can buy alcohol drinks and pay the difference plus 20% gratuity with the CBP but not the same for a bottle of water. Good thing I'm ok with Rain from the CBP. 

Edited by davekathy

45 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I can buy alcohol drinks and pay the difference plus 20% gratuity with the CBP but not the same for a bottle of water.

Correct. Whether or not that makes sense is above my pay grade.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, evandbob said:

Refilling water bottles is not recommended, as studies show that increases the leaching of  carcinogenics - https://www.onegreenbottle.com/this-is-why-you-should-never-reuse-single-use-bottles/#:~:text=Health advocates advise against reusing,but reuse should be avoided.

I’m not talking about plastic water bottles.  We use the expensive stainless steel reusable kind.  We also use the ship’s cups to fill the bottles so nothing unsanitary occurs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 4/29/2023 at 8:49 PM, DaKahuna said:

There is more water in the can so we take canned on excursions.

But, again, does the can have a way to close it, or is it like a soda can with a pull top? 

Edited by OnTheJourney

11 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

So how is the "Rain" water packaged in the Classic Drinks Package. Are these flip top cans and thus not resealable once opened or is there a screw-on lid like a pastic bottle? 

Rain bottles have screw tops

Are there mini-bar / fridges in the (non-suite) rooms? Coffee makers?  Been 4 years since we cruised with X so not sure anymore. We're in Aqua and I recall getting iced tea every day but I don't see that mentioned anymore. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

On 4/30/2023 at 12:42 PM, twincheryl said:

We have found that if you put a slice of lemon or lime in the water it's tolerable to take on an excursion... otherwise, tastes like what I would imagine dirt tastes like... lol

Seriously?  I have gone through over a dozen cans of the Rain Artesian Water, both room temperature and chilled and I cannot say it taste as bad as you describe.  Occasionally there is a ‘tinny’ taste to it but it is not awful and taste, at least to me, better than the tap water.  

And we have also gone through a few bottles of the Acqua Panna 33.8 oz bottles of water, using it primarily to make hot tea in the room. 

2 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Are there mini-bar / fridges in the (non-suite) rooms? Coffee makers?  Been 4 years since we cruised with X so not sure anymore. We're in Aqua and I recall getting iced tea every day but I don't see that mentioned anymore. 

Mini bar yes

coffee makers generally no although there may be in cruises which sail out of Southampton

• Thanks 1