Fort Lauderdale hotels

Canadianhey!

We like the Hyatt Place  on 10th   it is hear Harbor shops

Do not know the pricing now 

Yes it seems  they are making up for lost revenue

Also check Florida departures forum

Check out -

www.valuetrips.com 

for Hyatt Place 10th Ave.  Hotel has free breakfast, close to shopping center, restaurants, alcohol store and grocery store.

You put a credit card down and pay at hotel.  Price on Value Trips does not show price with taxes.  You will receive a confirmation email and it will show your total price.  To cancel or change reservation you have to contact direct with the hotel.

I saved $91 booking through Value Trips for my Feb 2023 stay.  2023 prices came out in Dec 2022.  I would think 2024 prices will come out about that time.

Many cruisers stay there.

• Like 1

We also stayed at the Riverside Hotel in September. Its right on the main strip

with many restaurants and bars. 

It also has a great restaurant on site ( not free ) for breakfast prior to cruise .

A robot delivered our breakfast order right to our table , lol .

It was clean and quiet . We had a tower room which i believe is the newer part of the hotel.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, loman said:

We also stayed at the Riverside Hotel in September. Its right on the main strip

with many restaurants and bars. 

It also has a great restaurant on site ( not free ) for breakfast prior to cruise .

A robot delivered our breakfast order right to our table , lol .

It was clean and quiet . We had a tower room which i believe is the newer part of the hotel.

We stayed at the Riverside in March and were happy with the location and have booked it again for our stay before our Late May sailing.

• Like 2

We like the Plantation area.  It is about 15 minutes from the airport.  We either stay at the Hampton Inn or La Quinta. Both hotels have breakfast included and you can book without deposit.   It is great for shopping and restaurants all within walking distance.  

We've also stayed at the Riverside previously and agree it has a great location in the Las Olas Blvd area.  Very lively area.

In 2017, we ended up at the Oasis Hotel after scrambling to find a replacement for another hotel we originally booked that wasn't able to reopen quickly after Hurricane Irma.  It's located just off a major street/(highway?) which has some handy retail but it's not really a fun street to walk.  However, it's only a short 5 min taxi/uber ride away from Las Olas.  We thought the rooms and outdoor common areas were surprisingly nicely furnished with the pictures on Google Maps being a fair representation.  Would also recommend Oasis Hotel if you're ok being a few mins by car off of Las Olas Blvd.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2023 at 10:56 AM, phabric said:

Check out -

www.valuetrips.com 

for Hyatt Place 10th Ave.  Hotel has free breakfast, close to shopping center, restaurants, alcohol store and grocery store.

You put a credit card down and pay at hotel.  Price on Value Trips does not show price with taxes.  You will receive a confirmation email and it will show your total price.  To cancel or change reservation you have to contact direct with the hotel.

I saved $91 booking through Value Trips for my Feb 2023 stay.  2023 prices came out in Dec 2022.  I would think 2024 prices will come out about that time.

Many cruisers stay there.

Can confirm as I've used valuetrips a few times to book the Hyatt. The website feels dodgy as hell but it works. 

On 5/14/2023 at 12:57 AM, starvenger said:

Can confirm as I've used valuetrips a few times to book the Hyatt. The website feels dodgy as hell but it works. 

I enjoyed our stay at this hotel, great location with shopping nearby. Restaurant called Gilberts in the plaza was excellent 🙂 

• Like 1

If I couldn't book the Hyatt I'd still book in this area. I like that there's things like Publix, Dollar Tree, TJ Maxx and Ross within walking distance as that covers around 90% of the things you might forget to pack. Plus two wine shops.

• Like 1

We (family of 4) stayed one night at the Sleep Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport in Feb. Our flight came in late, so we just needed a place to get a few hours of sleep and didn’t want to spend a fortune (but still >$200 US!) . Definitely not fancy, but we would stay there again. It offers an airport shuttle, free breakfast, and there’s a Walmart and liquor store just across the street, and Publix and restaurants about a block or 2 away. We’ve also stayed at Margaritaville a couple of years ago,  it’s super nice but will probably cost you as much as the cruise 😬 . Lots of restaurants around there, but we had to get an Uber to the Publix.

Has anyone stayed at the Element hotel that HAL that uses for pre & post trips?  We are flying in from California two days prior to our cruise and are hoping that we can get a ship transfer on embarkation day,

Thanks,

Carolyn

38 minutes ago, cfgrandma said:

Has anyone stayed at the Element hotel that HAL that uses for pre & post trips?  We are flying in from California two days prior to our cruise and are hoping that we can get a ship transfer on embarkation day,

Thanks,

Carolyn

It would be cheaper and easier to take a cab/Uber/Lyft than take a ship transfer 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I agree, a ship transfer will cost you more and a cab/uber/lyft offer greater flexibility. It's less than 5 miles to Port Everglades.

Agreed here. And if you're a stickler for time, just pre-order the uber.

I also wouldn't bother with the airport transfer after the cruise. A taxi will cost way less than the cost of one transfer.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, starvenger said:

Agreed here. And if you're a stickler for time, just pre-order the uber.

I also wouldn't bother with the airport transfer after the cruise. A taxi will cost way less than the cost of one transfer.

In April when I check the price pre ordering an Uber/ Lyft it was about 2x the price , of just ordering one when I need it 

Used Riverside twice last fall. I'll be honest... have stayed in better spots, but... it had everything you would need. Shopping, restaurants, parking, pool, large rooms, a/c worked well. Bed was ok, bathroom ok, living room space. It is a tired looking hotel in every aspect. Taxi to and from cruise port was @20 US each way about 15 min.Front desk pleasant and efficient. Prices standard.