Passport panic! Can’t get past the passport expiry warning to check in

Tan210

I agree the passport is not a problem. You need a passport issued after 20/08/13 and validity beyond 19/08/23 for that cruise.

I wonder if checkin is using the 6 month rule for Amsterdam by mistake.

Give P&O a call and ask them to assist, if not, resolve at terminal.

Edited by molecrochip
  • Like 1

Long shot, but there is (yet another) IT glitch when it comes to passport details on Cruise Personalisers. The system has a habit of reverting to old (expired) passport numbers, even when people have entered their new one. Worth double checking that every single detail is still correct (especially the passport number). Of course, as it’s your first cruise this probably isn’t the issue that you have, but worth checking that the system hasn’t changed any information that you previously inputted. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Long shot, but there is (yet another) IT glitch when it comes to passport details on Cruise Personalisers. The system has a habit of reverting to old (expired) passport numbers, even when people have entered their new one. Worth double checking that every single detail is still correct (especially the passport number). Of course, as it’s your first cruise this probably isn’t the issue that you have, but worth checking that the system hasn’t changed any information that you previously inputted. 

The old passport number glitch has happened to my Mum and Dad numerous times.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tan210 said:

Hey thanks I was putting it in manually 🙂

You need to call them and they will do it over the phone: it’s because the website doesn’t (currently) let you check in with less than 6 months validity regardless of destination requirements that are on their website. If you call them though they can do it for you very easily and it will save you any headache at the port!

• Like 1

Hey everyone I got through to the helpline eventually and they  took my passport info over the phone. Still couldn’t complete online check in but I can do it at the terminal 🙂 thanks for all your help! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tan210 said:

Hey everyone I got through to the helpline eventually and they  took my passport info over the phone. Still couldn’t complete online check in but I can do it at the terminal 🙂 thanks for all your help! 

Were you still able to print your luggage labels and boarding pass off without checking in? Just asking because I would prefer to check in at the terminal.

No I wasn’t able to complete the check in process in full for  me , however she encouraged me to do all the other stuff like photos and emergency contacts etc. I asked if I can show boarding pass for my companion on phone and she said that would be ok. I think check in is fine at terminal but they prefer for time savings for people to do it online , hope this helps 🙂 

15 minutes ago, Tan210 said:

No I wasn’t able to complete the check in process in full for  me , however she encouraged me to do all the other stuff like photos and emergency contacts etc. I asked if I can show boarding pass for my companion on phone and she said that would be ok. I think check in is fine at terminal but they prefer for time savings for people to do it online , hope this helps 🙂 

So boarding pass is OK as a screenshot what did you do about labels?

I haven’t printed anything but I’m assuming that if they are gonna print my luggage labels they will print everything there. I think they ask you to print  so it’s inclusive for people who perhaps don’t want to rely on a phone. 🙂 

11 minutes ago, Tan210 said:

I haven’t printed anything but I’m assuming that if they are gonna print my luggage labels they will print everything there. I think they ask you to print  so it’s inclusive for people who perhaps don’t want to rely on a phone. 🙂 

You will need labels because you will have to leave your luggage at the hole in the wall before you go up to check in.

11 minutes ago, Tan210 said:
1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

The baggage handlers will have labels that you can attach, just ensure you know your cabin number which will need adding. 

You beat me to it😁

Thank you so much I’m so glad I found this site! I’m definitely less stressed  - now just stressed the cost of the cruise is now half what I paid , is last minute the cheaper way to book? 

2 hours ago, Tan210 said:

Thank you so much I’m so glad I found this site! I’m definitely less stressed  - now just stressed the cost of the cruise is now half what I paid , is last minute the cheaper way to book? 

It certainly seems so this year, but that might be due to the cost of living crisis reducing demand. Over the last 5 or 6 years pre covid, then early booking was certainly the best option.