Can I purchase water for my cabin?

mkcurran

Finding the answer to this question is harder than it should be for me. But sometimes I make life difficult on myself.

Can I buy some water to be in my cabin upon embarkation? 

Edited by mkcurran

You can also get water at any bar.  Ice water free to all, other water for a fee or not, depending on if you have a beverage package..and which one.  Some include still and sparkling, some only still.

What class are you traveling? Aqua and above include daily in-room water.  We generally travel Aqua and two bottles are always in the room, but it's been my experience that just being nice to your cabin attendant gets you a lot of things that aren't normally included.  When ours saw that we drank it all each day we started getting multiples. 

If you don't have in-room water you can always get it at any bar as suggested.  (The buffet has a small bar inside that most people miss.) You can order two drinks at a time if one is water.  The classic water is canned with a screw top so it is easy to take back to the room.  On port days I would take a couple off the ship. I have been on other cruise lines that suggest pre-ordering cases of drinks and bringing refillable cups but I have not found that to be a need on Celebrity.  Save yourself the hassle and just enjoy yourself.  I don't think it will be a problem to find enough water.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mkcurran said:

So it sounds like a no. 

But if I book aqua class there is water provided in the room.

Correct?

Sure but on a typical 7 night cruise you'd get 14 free waters; if you paid for the water that's around $50-$60?  A nice minor perk with AQ but not a major one like Blu restaurant access

• Like 1

we are generally Celebrity cruisers but I know for Princess, they allow you to purchase cases of water at a reasonable rate and it is delivered to your stateroom first day. I wish Celebrity would do that too.

I understand your question about water so well! Back in the day (early 2000s) I would fly into FLL (living dangerously, flying in same day) and spend 10 minutes at the Coke vending machines in the airport filling a nylon duffel bag with bottles of Dasani. I threw on a luggage tag and handed the duffel to a porter along with the rest of my luggage. The now-damp bag (condensation from the bottles) might have received a side-eye from the porter but that’s all. I confess I’m a horrible water snob and just hated the taste of the ship’s water. Can’t recall if they were Carnival or RC cruises.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, yoshi said:

we are generally Celebrity cruisers but I know for Princess, they allow you to purchase cases of water at a reasonable rate and it is delivered to your stateroom first day. I wish Celebrity would do that too.

That is not the case on Celebrity.

• Like 1

Celebrity site says "in-room water service" for Aqua class. It doesn't technically state only 2 per day. We did start with 2 per day, but as I mentioned earlier a few days in he was leaving 4 or more per day. I drink a lot of water. I would put some in the fridge and the ones on the counter got replaced. We easily had 6+ at one point in our cabin. Sometimes new ones would appear again at turn down if we had used the ones from the morning.  So no, while everyone's experience is different we were definitely not limited to 2 per day.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 5:30 PM, mkcurran said:

Finding the answer to this question is harder than it should be for me. But sometimes I make life difficult on myself.

Can I buy some water to be in my cabin upon embarkation? 

No…but you can bring some on…or get it included when you order a drink package and just take extra to your cabin as needed!

Edited by NEW 2 CRUISIN
  • Like 1