It's Time for a CELEBRATION!!! (with pics) - April 16th 2023

Jamman54

1 hour ago, dmet0225 said:

As I previously mentioned, I'll be following this review closely since my wife and I will celebrate our 30th on the Celebration at the end of June.  You always do a great job providing details.

Nice! I think we covered it like a glove, but if you have any questions ask away! :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sunshower9 said:

Glad to see your review!  I'm boarding the Celebration on Sunday!  

7 minutes ago, lpanjabi said:

sunshower9, me too!! 😄

That's GREAT you guys! You're going to have a BLAST!  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

Once Patti finishes eating she’s off to start her photo tour. I’m going to hang here at the Tides Bar for a while. Her first picture is Swirls, which is right across from the Tides Bar…..

IMG_1903-X2.jpg

She heads back inside of the Marketplace and gets these of Seadogs, Shawarma, and the Gelato station……

IMG_1894-X2.jpg

IMG_1896-X2.jpg

IMG_1895-X2.jpg

There’s a small dessert station…..

IMG_1893-X2.jpg

She heads back outside to check out the Tides Pool and hot tubs…..

IMG_1906-X2.jpg

IMG_1905-X2.jpg

Here are a couple of Miami views from the Tides Pool…..

IMG_1904-X2.jpg

IMG_1907-X2.jpg

IMG_1908-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 17

Patti heads up to Deck 17 aft which looks down on the Tides Pool and hot tubs……

IMG_1911-X2.jpg

IMG_1913-X2.jpg

IMG_1910-X2.jpg

IMG_1912-XL.jpg

Patti next heads up to Deck 18 aft and the Ultimate Playground…..

IMG_1915-X2.jpg

This is the nine-hole mini golf course…..

IMG_1916-X2.jpg

Here are a couple of views of the WaterWorks…..

IMG_1917-X2.jpg

IMG_1918-X2.jpg

IMG_1919-X2.jpg

They consider this blue path the “jogging track”…..

IMG_1920-X2.jpg

IMG_1925-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 11

Here are a couple of views of the Sports Court…..

IMG_1928-X2.jpg

IMG_1927-XL.jpg

IMG_1923-X2.jpg

This is the stairway up to the Ropes Course…..

IMG_1924-XL.jpg

IMG_1932-X2.jpg

Patti comes back down to Deck 17 mid ship. This is a view of the Beach Pool looking forward…..

IMG_1929-X2.jpg

That’s Oscar on the steel drums…..

IMG_1930-X2.jpg

Patti heads forward and back up to Deck 18. Here’s a view of the Beach Pool looking aft…..

IMG_1933-X2.jpg

Patti heads forward to check out the Serenity area. This is one of the hot tubs…..

IMG_1936-X2.jpg

IMG_1935-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 13

Here are some more Serenity area views…..

IMG_1934-X2.jpg

IMG_1941-X2.jpg

IMG_1942-X2.jpg

IMG_1943-X2.jpg

IMG_1944-X2.jpg

IMG_1945-X2.jpg

IMG_1947-X2.jpg

The Norwegian Encore is docked in front of the Celebration….

IMG_1946-X2.jpg

This is the Serenity Bar…..

IMG_1950-X2.jpg

This is the Serenity sitting and pool areas…..

IMG_1951-X2.jpg

IMG_1949-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 12

Patti tried to get up to Loft 19 but the door was closed, and nobody was around…..

IMG_1937-X2.jpg

IMG_1938-X2.jpg

IMG_1940-X2.jpg

IMG_1939-X2.jpg

This is the other Serenity hot tub…..

IMG_1953-X2.jpg

Patti leaves Serenity and heads back down to Deck 17…..

IMG_1954-X2.jpg

She heads aft passing Guy’s Burger Joint…..

IMG_1957-X2.jpg

IMG_1958-X2.jpg

IMG_1956-X2.jpg

Patti has made it back to the Tides Bar where we have a visit from CC member WhiteOptima. She and her husband are now on the second leg of their B2B. It was a pleasure to meet you!

IMG_1962-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

After getting settled in, Patti gives us a tour of the hotel. Here is the little Fitness Center…..

IMG_1794-X2.jpg

IMG_1792-X2.jpg

This is a good-sized Pool and Spa area…….

IMG_1797-X2.jpg

IMG_1799-X2.jpg

IMG_1800-X2.jpg

IMG_1801-X2.jpg

IMG_1802-X2.jpg

IMG_1803-X2.jpg

They have a small Laundry Room…..

IMG_1796-X2.jpg

IMG_1795-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

Excited to read this! And interested to know that DH and I lived near you until 2 1/2 years ago--Springfield, NJ. Small world. Looking forward to reading this and "living" it through you. 

• Like 4

Patti and I decide to head to the Red Frog Tiki Bar. On the way she got these Miami views…..

IMG_1963-X2.jpg

IMG_1964-X2.jpg

IMG_1965-X2.jpg

IMG_1966-X2.jpg

IMG_1967-XL.jpg

IMG_1968-X2.jpg

IMG_1969-X2.jpg

IMG_1970-X2.jpg

We have made it to the Red Frog Tiki Bar…..

IMG_1974-X2.jpg

DJ Fresco is now spinning the tunes for the Beach Pool…..

IMG_1976-X2.jpg

We were able to get a table for two along the railing, where we hung out and had a few drinks until 2:30pm or so.

To be continued…..

• Like 12

We went back to the cabin where our Sail & Sign cards were in the mailbox, and all our luggage was waiting for us. Of course, Patti had to take pictures before I or our luggage was allowed inside. This is Cabin # 12354…..

IMG_1981-X2.jpg

IMG_1984-X2.jpg

IMG_1985-X2.jpg

IMG_1982-X2.jpg

IMG_1983-X2.jpg

Plenty of closet space…..

IMG_1989-X2.jpg

IMG_1991-X2.jpg

IMG_1992-X2.jpg

Our tiny bathroom…..

IMG_1986-X2.jpg

IMG_1987-X2.jpg

IMG_1988-X2.jpg

Our extended balcony…..

IMG_1995-X2.jpg

IMG_1996-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 17

30 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

Excited to read this! And interested to know that DH and I lived near you until 2 1/2 years ago--Springfield, NJ. Small world. Looking forward to reading this and "living" it through you. 

It's a small world indeed! Glad to have you aboard, and hope this helps you with your planning and expectations for January! :classic_laugh:

17 minutes ago, Frank12 said:

Just joining you. Loved the pics of the old celebration. We had a great cruise on her out of Jacksonville back in the early 2000's!

Welcome aboard! Glad you enjoyed the throwback pictures! :classic_laugh:

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

It's a small world indeed! Glad to have you aboard, and hope this helps you with your planning and expectations for January! :classic_laugh:

You know what would help me? When Patti takes pictures of places on the Havana Bar deck, knowing what is there since that will be my immediate "hang-out". I just don't know a thing really about Carnival. Which is an odd (but kinda fun) sitch for me to be in, since when I cruise NCL, I always feel at home.:-) 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

You know what would help me? When Patti takes pictures of places on the Havana Bar deck, knowing what is there since that will be my immediate "hang-out". I just don't know a thing really about Carnival. Which is an odd (but kinda fun) sitch for me to be in, since when I cruise NCL, I always feel at home.:-) 

Do you have a Havana cabin? We have pictures of the Havana Bar but none outside since we didn't have access. 😎

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DeanDeeDee said:

I am so happy I found your review of the Celebration.  We will be sailing on her later in May. so I will be following to get some info and pictures around the Celebration.

Thanks for reading! You're going to have a great time! 😎

• Like 2

My husband and I were also on this cruise. In fact, we were one deck below you and a couple of cabins down. We were lucky enough to have 2 loungers on our extended balcony. Can't wait to hear what your thoughts were on this ship. We loved it, and I'm super excited to sail on her again next year with my daughters. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cellfree said:

Jamman54, following along as I have in the past, Ty for all your work, Patti’s too. A couple months before January 14 became The Tribe Cruise I had booked January 21 on the Celebration. Hoping the ship can keep sailing after The Tribe disembarks - yikes!

Well, I'll see you then as DH and I are going to be on for both weeks! I may need to recover after the first week. 😁🍹

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Do you have a Havana cabin? We have pictures of the Havana Bar but none outside since we didn't have access. 😎

Yes. But I am interested in anything that is close by to the Havana. Including the Havana Bar, which I know also serves drinks directly to the Havana sundeck. As I understand it, there are a few eateries and other things on that same deck. That's what I'd love to see. Thank you (and Patti)!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WingNut1026 said:

My husband and I were also on this cruise. In fact, we were one deck below you and a couple of cabins down. We were lucky enough to have 2 loungers on our extended balcony. Can't wait to hear what your thoughts were on this ship. We loved it, and I'm super excited to sail on her again next year with my daughters. 

Hey, another fellow cruiser! Thanks for stopping by. Let us know if you spot yourself in any of our pictures! 😀

54 minutes ago, Webecruzen said:

Finally made it to the party.  Better late than never. Can’t wait for the week ahead to unfold.  Great seeing you both in Orlando.  Looking forward to the January cruise. 

We knew you would drop in at some point! We enjoyed our dinner with you guys. We can't wait for January! 😀

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

Yes. But I am interested in anything that is close by to the Havana. Including the Havana Bar, which I know also serves drinks directly to the Havana sundeck. As I understand it, there are a few eateries and other things on that same deck. That's what I'd love to see. Thank you (and Patti)!

Well, you're in luck since we'll have plenty to show you! Stay tuned! 😀

• Like 2

I'm so excited for another Jeff and Patti review! You are also in great company on The Tribe Cruise next January. I haven't followed in a bit, but they are some of the greatest humans on Cruise Critic. I am very jealous of you all. I'll be following this review of course, but I'm also psyched for everyone joining Sid!

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, AKR2011 said:

I'm so excited for another Jeff and Patti review! You are also in great company on The Tribe Cruise next January. I haven't followed in a bit, but they are some of the greatest humans on Cruise Critic. I am very jealous of you all. I'll be following this review of course, but I'm also psyched for everyone joining Sid!

Hey Ashley! Thanks for coming along for the ride. The Tribe cruise is going to be epic! 😀

• Like 4