It's Time for a CELEBRATION!!! (with pics) - April 16th 2023

Jamman54

3 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Glad to have you aboard with us! Happy that the old Celebration pics brought back some good memories. :classic_laugh:

Thank you so much!  Look forward to meeting you and your beautiful lady sometime!!

• Like 2

Just past Miami Slice on the port side is the Deco Deli…..

IMG_2189-X2.jpg

IMG_2188-X2.jpg

IMG_2190-X2.jpg

IMG_2191-X2.jpg

IMG_2192-X2.jpg

Just past the Deco Deli, also on the port side is Rudi’s Seagrill. We will also be eating here this coming week…..

IMG_2193-X2.jpg

Continuing aft on Deck 8, Patti comes to Carnival Adventures (Shore Excursions), Guest Services, and the Carnival Store…..

IMG_2198-X2.jpg

IMG_2202-X2.jpg

IMG_2204-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 14

Patti continues aft on Deck 8 to find the Pig & Anchor and the Heroes Tribute Lounge…..

IMG_2203-X2.jpg

IMG_2206-X2.jpg

IMG_2212-X2.jpg

IMG_2213-X2.jpg

Patti steps outside by the Watering Hole and checks out the first sunset of the cruise…..

IMG_2211-X2.jpg

IMG_2181-X2.jpg

IMG_2185-X2.jpg

IMG_2210-X2.jpg

Patti comes back inside and heads down to Deck 7. She’s looking down at the Latitudes Bar on Deck 6…..

IMG_2219-X2.jpg

This is the Alchemy Bar which is always hopping…..

IMG_2220-X2.jpg

This is the Limelight Lounge. Basically, used for trivia during the day, PG comedy in the evenings, and late-night dancing…..

IMG_2221-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 14

Patti heads forward on Deck 7 until she reaches Center Stage where the Playlist performers are doing a sneak peek show…..

IMG_2228-X2.jpg

IMG_2229-X2.jpg

IMG_2225-X2.jpg

IMG_2226-X2.jpg

IMG_2227-X2.jpg

IMG_2230-X2.jpg

This is the Aquaria Bar…..

IMG_2234-XL.jpg

IMG_2232-X2.jpg

The entrance to the all the way forward on Decks 6 & 7 Grand Spectrum Theater…..

IMG_2235-X2.jpg

Patti heads down to Deck 6 where she finds Piano Bar 88. Tatsu will be the piano bar player for our cruise…..

IMG_2236-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 10

Here is the ship’s coin…..

IMG_2238-X2.jpg

IMG_2239-X2.jpg

Patti checks out Javablue located in Celebration Central on Deck 6…..

IMG_2268-X2.jpg

IMG_2242-X2.jpg

Here are some of the goodies available here…..

IMG_2245-X2.jpg

IMG_2248-X2.jpg

IMG_2250-X2.jpg

IMG_2252-X2.jpg

IMG_2257-X2.jpg

IMG_2261-X2.jpg

IMG_2265-X2.jpg

IMG_2267-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 12

Right next door to Javablue is Cherry on Top…..

IMG_2269-X2.jpg

IMG_2271-X2.jpg

IMG_2272-X2.jpg

This is the Rolls Royce that was on the Ecstasy for thirty-one years before it was brought here, where it will be for probably another thirty years…..

IMG_2275-X2.jpg

IMG_2273-X2.jpg

Patti checks out the Golden Jubilee…..

IMG_2278-X2.jpg

Here is a huge, detailed model of the Celebration…..

IMG_2280-X2.jpg

IMG_2281-X2.jpg

IMG_2282-X2.jpg

IMG_2283-X2.jpg

IMG_2284-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 18

Patti catches up to me at the Latitudes Bar……

IMG_2302-X2.jpg

IMG_2289-X2.jpg

IMG_2290-X2.jpg

IMG_2293-X2.jpg

Here are the Latitudes Bar menus…..

IMG_2296-X2.jpg

IMG_2297-X2.jpg

IMG_2298-X2.jpg

IMG_2299-X2.jpg

IMG_2300-X2.jpg

Patti leaves me to go check out Emeril’s Bistro 1397 before heading back to the cabin to read……

IMG_2301-X2.jpg

IMG_2304-X2.jpg

IMG_2305-X2.jpg

IMG_2303-X2.jpg

Like I mentioned earlier, I did a little bar hopping tonight. First, I went to the Golden Jubilee and had a Cruiser. Then I went to Latitudes and had a couple of Pimm’s. After Patti left me there, I went and got a seat at the Alchemy Bar where I had a blast with Nikola and the people hanging out there. I think I had four or five Pain Reliefs.

I was getting hungry, so I left Alchemy to head to the Deco Deli before it closed at 10pm. The lines for pizza and the deli were long but moved quickly. I ordered a Rueben and a meatball sandwich and took them back to the cabin. When I got back Patti was just going to sleep. I watched TV for a while and then turned in for the night.

Coming up next: A busy first sea day. Diamond Brunch, brewery tour, Bonsai Teppanyaki, & Celestial Strings.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

@Jamman54...Jeff ALL the pics are WONDERFUL, great color and sharpness!

It is GREAT to see the autos from the older classic Carnival ships moved to the newer ships to give them new life!  Wonderful memories from cruising on those older ships no longer in the fleet!

Susan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Great views! Did you have any wind issues when underway? :classic_cool: 

No issues.  And there is a glass partition right behind the chairs my DH was sitting in.  It was mostly covered and obviously you have to stand for a view but we loved it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've been looking for your review and Patti's pictures every day.  Was worried you decided to retire!!  I remember the old pictures from C@.  What wonderful and special memories you and Patti have tucked away in your hearts.  Precious!  What an exciting sail away!!!  Must be amazing seeing all those ships lined up ready to take her passengers on exciting adventures.  Looking forward to more of yours!!  We also cruised on the old Celebration.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Nice Yacht! Looks like a scene from “Below Deck”…..

IMG_2093-X2.jpg

IMG_2095-X2.jpg

IMG_2094-X2.jpg

IMG_2097-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

Saw this yacht (OCTO) on the Monaco Webcam today. They are set up for the Grand Prix at the end of the month I assume. The harbor during the race is overflowing with yachts this size. That's a swimming pool under that cover in back.

Edited by arizdback
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, mlshum said:

Yay!  I’ve been waiting for this review!  Thanks so much for taking time to do it!

Thanks for coming along for the ride once again! :classic_cool:

9 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

I've been looking for your review and Patti's pictures every day.  Was worried you decided to retire!!  I remember the old pictures from C@.  What wonderful and special memories you and Patti have tucked away in your hearts.  Precious!  What an exciting sail away!!!  Must be amazing seeing all those ships lined up ready to take her passengers on exciting adventures.  Looking forward to more of yours!!  We also cruised on the old Celebration.  

Hey Karry! I knew you would be here sooner or later. It wouldn't be the same without you. Thank you for your kind words. I rarely visit C@ anymore. Once they changed the software and fried my photo galleries I was done. I think that was the busiest I've seen Miami in all the cruises we sailed from there. Quite an impressive line up!  :classic_laugh:

8 hours ago, arizdback said:

Saw this yacht (OCTO) on the Monaco Webcam today. They are set up for the Grand Prix at the end of the month I assume. The harbor during the race is overflowing with yachts this size. That's a swimming pool under that cover in back.

Cool! Thanks for sharing this information! :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

Just now, Jamman54 said:

Hey gang!  Today is about beer, the Yankees, and the Devils so I won't be posting anything today. I'll be back at it tomorrow. Have a great Sunday!!! :classic_laugh:

Thanks Jamman54 for letting us at CC know!  Have fun!!😄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Hey gang!  Today is about beer, the Yankees, and the Devils so I won't be posting anything today. I'll be back at it tomorrow. Have a great Sunday!!! :classic_laugh:

🤞for your team today! 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Well so far your Devils are killing my Canes!

Kim