It's Time for a CELEBRATION!!! (with pics) - April 16th 2023

Jamman54

Thank you for sharing your vacation with us! I love all the pictures and the details. We are going on Mardi Gras in January so I will have to go back and read your review of that ship too. Cheers! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bob NC said:

Loved seeing this trip report pop up!

Thanks in advance for all your hard work.

I know it will be good.

Thanks so much for reading and your kind words. Enjoy!!! :classic_laugh:

1 hour ago, LUVMYGSDOG said:

Well so far your Devils are killing my Canes!

Kim

Maybe today, but the Canes still lead the series! :classic_cool:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TeresaJ said:

Thank you for sharing your vacation with us! I love all the pictures and the details. We are going on Mardi Gras in January so I will have to go back and read your review of that ship too. Cheers! 

Glad to have you along for the ride! Still have plenty to show you. Enjoy your Mardi Gras planning! :classic_cool:

Always love your reviews, Jeff!

Same stops here on the Florida road trips from NJ, especially Santee and Kingsland and a few Cracker Barrels along the way (LOL)

Great pics too!

• Like 2

We are sailing the Celebration in December and cannot wait.  LOVED the Mardi Gras.  Our very first cruise was on the original Celebration for our honeymoon (July 1997).  Thats what started our love of cruising.

thumbnail_IMG_7025.jpg

• Like 22

I'm a few days behind as I've been caring for my sick 8 year old! Strep AND a stomach bug for her...double whammy! But she's on the mend which means momma has some free time now! Love seeing the pictures of your beautiful family on the original Celebration! We've sailed twice with our daughter, but she was only 1 & 3 and doesn't remember them much. She doesn't know it yet, but we're taking her on a cruise on the Sunshine over her fall break this year! 

So excited to read along on your new Celebration journey! 🙂

• Like 3

On 5/6/2023 at 4:38 PM, Jamman54 said:

Like I mentioned earlier, I did a little bar hopping tonight. First, I went to the Golden Jubilee and had a Cruiser. Then I went to Latitudes and had a couple of Pimm’s. After Patti left me there, I went and got a seat at the Alchemy Bar where I had a blast with Nikola and the people hanging out there. I think I had four or five Pain Reliefs.

The Pain Reliefs at Alchemy were so good!

• Like 2

On 5/4/2023 at 6:44 PM, Jamman54 said:

Patti’s picture tour takes us into the Lobby Area…..

IMG_1817-X2.jpg

IMG_1806-X2.jpg

My inner  compulsive need to have everything centered is really struggling with these two pics! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, sgttami said:

Always love your reviews, Jeff!

Same stops here on the Florida road trips from NJ, especially Santee and Kingsland and a few Cracker Barrels along the way (LOL)

Great pics too!

Always great to have you along for the ride! :classic_laugh:

22 hours ago, Michelle236 said:

We are sailing the Celebration in December and cannot wait.  LOVED the Mardi Gras.  Our very first cruise was on the original Celebration for our honeymoon (July 1997).  Thats what started our love of cruising.

thumbnail_IMG_7025.jpg

Great picture! Thanks for sharing. Happy to have you with us! :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cruiserNC said:

As always, Loving the Review!

Thanks so much! Glad to have you along! :classic_cool:

6 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

I’m caught up! I love seeing all the detailed pics. It’s so similar to the Mardi Gras but just a tad different. I’m really loving your review. 

Glad you made it. Thanks for following along! :classic_laugh:

7 hours ago, AllgoodOnTheRoad said:

I was filming the Sail Away party in this pic. 

image.png.91fc11e1009723bd462c5d3dcf236d6b.png

So Cool! Really enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing! Hope you enjoyed the cruise as much as we did. :classic_laugh:

6 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

I'm a few days behind as I've been caring for my sick 8 year old! Strep AND a stomach bug for her...double whammy! But she's on the mend which means momma has some free time now! Love seeing the pictures of your beautiful family on the original Celebration! We've sailed twice with our daughter, but she was only 1 & 3 and doesn't remember them much. She doesn't know it yet, but we're taking her on a cruise on the Sunshine over her fall break this year! 

So excited to read along on your new Celebration journey! 🙂

Thanks for coming along once again! Glad to hear your daughter is feeling better! :classic_laugh:

5 hours ago, modernscarlett said:

The Pain Reliefs at Alchemy were so good!

Oh yea! Nikola took good care of me! :classic_biggrin:

5 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

All caught up! As always, loving it so far. Thanks Jamman! 

It's a pleasure having you along, in January for real! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Day # 2  -  (4/17/23)  - Fun Day at Sea # 1 

We were up at 7am to a warm, beautiful, and sunny day. Here are the views from our balcony looking forward and aft, as the Celebration makes her way to Cozumel…..

i-X8hfwRK-X2.jpg

i-r8g37nC-X2.jpg

The seas are fairly calm…..

i-9z2rV6c-X2.jpg

Here are today’s Fun Times…..

i-HLq9Lgq-X2.jpg

i-FR8cZHj-X2.jpg

i-4qk4CpF-X2.jpg

We are not eating breakfast this morning since we have the Diamond Brunch at Noon. I head down to get a coffee at Javablue, but the line is so long I just grab a free coffee from the machines nearby.

Patti and I spent the next few hours in the cabin relaxing and working on our pictures. We left the cabin at 10:30am to get seats for the morning show (The Wave), which today is being held in the Havana Bar. This was the first time for us not being either in the theater or Center Stage for The Wave.

When Cruise Director Lee came in the room before the show, he saw us and immediately came over to us and said hello. We have cruised with Lee on the Splendor, Panorama, Mardi Gras, and now on the Celebration.

We got another surprise when we saw Fun Squad member Marcella come into the room. We had just cruised with her on the Freedom where she was the Comedy Show Host. It was great to see her again. Here she poses with Patti…..

i-ngZR787-X2.jpg

Lee and Marcella begin the show…..

i-p8R5DsC-X2.jpg

i-V8xcK4r-X2.jpg

i-Qwqq5mW-X2.jpg

i-rvMSmg3-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 13

Lee and Marcella are joined by the Food & Beverage Manager who brings along a plate of Beignets from Emeril’s Bistro…..

i-RH3fvhG-X2.jpg

i-WsKKB8n-X2.jpg

i-4dWdMH8-X2.jpg

The challenge is to eat one in a single bite. Marcella is up to the challenge…..

i-L2T36Z9-X2.jpg

i-pgn4Hs5-X2.jpg

i-6RbD5Pf-X2.jpg

They end their show by interviewing the ship’s “Shopping Expert”……

i-bNnR5jC-X2.jpg

After the show Lee offers me a Beignet which I accept, but I told him I’m not eating it in one bite! Lol. Patti gets a few more Havana Bar views…..

i-dJ42MxX-X2.jpg

i-DMztBkN-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 13

The Shopping Experts Show is just getting started in the Grand Spectrum Theater….

i-M8xCFJ3-X2.jpg

Some of the cast of Celestial strings are rehearsing on Center Stage…..

i-BSZhrpz-X2.jpg

i-ZSJJQS5-X2.jpg

i-NwLWT4Q-X2.jpg

i-HhGGDML-X2.jpg

At noon we head over to the Carnivale Restaurant for the Diamond Brunch…..

i-GNVJPw6-X2.jpg

i-sZVWDN3-X3.jpg

i-Z5H74TK-X2.jpg

i-PGbCPB3-X2.jpg

Here is the new menu. We had enjoyed the old menu, but it was time for a change. We understand that the menu will change every three months now…..

i-3jgh4hL-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 14

Cruise Director Lee, and then Captain Vincenzo Alcaras welcomed the Diamond members…..

i-nSGw7k3-X2.jpg

The free drinks were flowing, and we are enjoying chatting with our tablemates Flo and Al. Soon, the food started coming out. Patti and I both started with the crab cake and the house tossed salad…..

i-8T4HQW3-X2.jpg

i-n679zGj-X2.jpg

For our mains Patti had the broiled barramundi, and I had the NY strip steak…..

i-FRRLMQJ-X2.jpg

i-bzpQRG8-X2.jpg

For our desserts Patti had the fruit platter and I had the Citron…..

i-gvPCZcJ-X2.jpg

i-Sgkr6L2-X2.jpg

All the food was delicious, and a great time was had by all! Afterwards, Patti was going to go back to the cabin to lay out on the balcony, and I was going to check out the Watering Hole. I grabbed the camera, and on the way to the back of the ship I got these pictures of the St. Jude sculpture by the glass stairway…..

i-C3ZCG47-X2.jpg

i-9CvSVqp-X2.jpg

I made it to the Watering Hole and ordered my Watermelon Crush…..

i-WkC86gm-X2.jpg

i-DcP6LR3-X2.jpg

I took a couple of selfies in the sid_9169 style…..

i-5VRHqCs-X2.jpg

i-TPSTwW5-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 14
  • Haha 17