It's Time for a CELEBRATION!!! (with pics) - April 16th 2023

Jamman54

Here is the Beach Bar and Taco Truck…..

i-pfqJ4XV-XL.jpg

i-LQkhDhv-X2.jpg

Patti comes back to the pool to find me engaged in conversation with other Celebration passengers…..

i-CFnFLDR-XL.jpg

i-6P8QtZK-X2.jpg

i-GbQb4Rt-X2.jpg

i-wXhL8mX-X2.jpg

i-gpnmMtv-X2.jpg

Henna Tattoo anyone?

i-HjWxTP3-X2.jpg

Patti heads down the beach to check out Carlos ‘n Charlie’s Beach Club next door…..

i-wGDnVJJ-XL.jpg

i-XxTq2HF-X2.jpg

i-z3JhZMc-XL.jpg

i-dZ5dbm9-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

Patti is back at Paradise Beach where she makes friends with a couple of parrots…..

i-ZcP9vgx-X2.jpg

i-Bz49RsJ-X2.jpg

i-v6ZJr2n-X2.jpg

i-LV8kHPn-X2.jpg

i-3SG27zX-X2.jpg

We decided to order something to eat. Patti has a Caesar salad and a pizza…..

i-MHvzDZf-X2.jpg

i-sXVbBJt-X2.jpg

I have a shrimp cocktail, chicken fingers, and a bacon cheeseburger…..

i-6wSkz9d-X2.jpg

i-LpfhM7d-X2.jpg

i-bkQmMWB-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 12

10 hours ago, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

You are correct, Sir about happy wife.  Smart move about the B2B.  We can't swing it as I am already 2 days short of vacation days for the 12 days I need already for the 18 days off I am taking.  LMAO

Mr. SRQ is retired, but I've told him I will not be retiring with any expectations of receiving a check for a maxed-out paid time off account balance. I intend to use every single minute of my vacation time--it's the only thing that keeps me sane!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Mr. SRQ is retired, but I've told him I will not be retiring with any expectations of receiving a check for a maxed-out paid time off account balance. I intend to use every single minute of my vacation time--it's the only thing that keeps me sane!

Same for my wife and I. When we get back from this long one l start accruing more. And I'll book another cruise. It's a cycle. Lol 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Wow! I'm thankful but surprised we got an update on Devils game day! (I say, anxiously awaiting faceoff for the Stars trying to avoid going down 3-1 on the road)

That was the ugliest 2nd period I've ever seen the Devils play. Switched to the Yankee game. 😖

• Like 5

image.thumb.jpeg.cc672175a7ee1377a5d301634da57f1c.jpeg

Well, I’ll be darned.  They actually moved the toilet paper roll where it belongs.  Just off the Magic, and I wondered why they would put the toilet paper in the Kleenex position, where you had to be a contortionist to reach it. Glad they fixed that issue.

Now, if they would move that towel rack from under the sink to the wall behind the toilet.  Anytime I was near the sink, the towels would end up on the floor, which was at least twice daily.

I’ll be following along, just trying to catch up. Thanks for doing, this, Jeff.  My next cruise is on the Celebration.

Edited by luvcruzing
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

I understand completely. How many of the same cruises have we been booked on, yet somehow, we've never cruised together? I think you're trying to avoid me! :classic_biggrin:

Thanks for coming along for the ride again! :classic_laugh:

HAHAHAHAH noooooo! I want to meet you and Patti! 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Patti is off and running. Here are some early pool area views before more people arrive…..

i-JsxMVHb-X2.jpg

i-QCCrqzp-X2.jpg

i-SwLfP95-X2.jpg

i-4444HFd-X2.jpg

i-8k4xd6N-XL.jpg

Women’s bathroom and changing rooms…..

i-GMXMD8f-X2.jpg

i-bL4LL33-X2.jpg

The sinks are outside of the bathrooms….

i-xB6zw42-X2.jpg

Here are a couple of views of the gift shop…..

i-sjmBtTC-X2.jpg

i-L6JFFmD-X2.jpg

To be continued……

This looks like a great place! Love the daybed.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

image.thumb.jpeg.cc672175a7ee1377a5d301634da57f1c.jpeg

Well, I’ll be darned.  They actually moved the toilet paper roll where it belongs.  Just off the Magic, and I wondered why they would put the toilet paper in the Kleenex position, where you had to be a contortionist to reach it. Glad they fixed that issue.

Now, if they would move that towel rack from under the sink to the wall behind the toilet.  Anytime I was near the sink, the towels would end up on the floor, which was at least twice daily.

I’ll be following along, just trying to catch up. Thanks for doing, this, Jeff.  My next cruise is on the Celebration.

Glad to have you along with us! :classic_cool:

• Like 1

After we ate lunch, Patti went back down by the beach. It’s a little more crowded than it was earlier…..

i-6rZK9Nm-X2.jpg

i-jCVVbMT-X2.jpg

i-5jM2p8k-X2.jpg

i-WDQK5n5-X2.jpg

The same can be said about the pool area…….

i-2mnrCRc-X2.jpg

i-jJPDjHB-XL.jpg

i-gX5KMTK-X2.jpg

I’m still enjoying the water chatting with my new friends…..

i-pX3QGWC-X2.jpg

i-P7XPBHP-X2.jpg

i-vTPntRv-X2.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 9

At 2:30 pm we decide to head back to the ship. There is a line of taxis waiting right by the entrance to take you back. In fifteen minutes we are back at Puerta Maya…..

i-jFC3dfq-X2.jpg

I go right back to the ship, but Patti stays out for a little while to take some pictures…..

i-pnQdHX4-XL.jpg

i-hrdQrj6-X2.jpg

i-VDrG74n-X2.jpg

i-36zKVz2-X2.jpg

i-J22Wf4d-X2.jpg

i-nSwjKR7-XL.jpg

i-Zzt8Phc-XL.jpg

i-Kxf9PxC-X2.jpg

i-P3bqt33-X2.jpg

i-d29wGFt-XL.jpg

To be continued…….

• Like 8

Patti gets a view of the ships from Three Amigos…..

i-7TkVv6W-X2.jpg

i-3nBhsm3-X2.jpg

i-Q5NMzS8-X2.jpg

i-g8GfcLF-X2.jpg

Patti makes her way back to the Celebration….

i-GsT3TGm-X2.jpg

i-LCGF54D-X2.jpg

Looking up, Patti can see people in the Havana Pool…..

i-HsNfWQn-X2.jpg

Patti heads up the gangway and is back on the ship…..

i-Mk6kHfv-X2.jpg

i-JP9x928-X2.jpg

We both took a little nap before sail away at 5pm. Here we are sailing away from Cozumel. We had a great time today…..

i-ZsKC2Ln-X2.jpg

i-WfNxRzW-X2.jpg

i-WkfNhSq-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 13

Tonight, we’re having dinner at Bonsai Sushi. Here is the menu and our place settings…..

i-CsPcPxm-X2.jpg

i-mdRBp9C-X2.jpg

Here are some Bonsai Sushi views…..

i-3HmPmcs-X2.jpg

i-n6HdM2z-X2.jpg

i-4P42n8X-X2.jpg

i-nRGJbJm-X2.jpg

i-54jLmsT-X2.jpg

i-G5HBTZk-X2.jpg

Patti and I are enjoying Bonsai Sushi…..

i-Rsz7FRw-X2.jpg

i-66HDLqv-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 12

We each had the Miso soup and a green salad with ginger dressing…..

i-LKfhbhV-X2.jpg

i-rFB44Th-X2.jpg

i-fhPLPdn-X2.jpg

i-xMkgjPb-X2.jpg

I also had some shrimp sushi and Patti had some edamame…..

i-gB2jpQz-X2.jpg

i-5DsPv3Z-X2.jpg

For our mains Patti had the California roll and I had the Bang Bang Bonsai roll…..

i-gZ2fPnc-X2.jpg

i-DJTdRJ3-X2.jpg

I also had a beef skewer.....

i-fjHxfRw-X2.jpg

For dessert we shared a tempura green tea ice cream. It was delish!

i-VZgJdzK-X2.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 11

After dinner we made our way to Center Stage to see the Most Magnificent Circus. When we arrived, we were told that due to a technical issue that show would not be performed tonight, but would be rescheduled for later in the cruise. Instead, they will be performing Ringmaster Rhapsody, where the cast will sing songs from The Greatest Showman and Pippen. We had seen this show on the Mardi Gras last year, but we decided to stay anyway…..

i-QQ6bgKt-X2.jpg

i-gNgrJJC-X2.jpg

i-J6WhrXW-X2.jpg

i-r38RqnM-X2.jpg

i-DjJ27gt-X2.jpg

i-h6PgB3b-X2.jpg

i-6jRVBKV-X2.jpg

i-RMFB7mc-X2.jpg

i-gfp9pZZ-X2.jpg

i-Qq3x675-X2.jpg

i-4Jfbr6g-X2.jpg

Afterwards, we stopped at the Alchemy Bar for a couple of drinks before calling it a night. Here is tonight’s towel animal…..

i-sf4c3B9-X2.jpg

Coming up next: A beautiful, but crowded day in Costa Maya!

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

After we ate lunch, Patti went back down by the beach. It’s a little more crowded than it was earlier…..

i-6rZK9Nm-X2.jpg

i-jCVVbMT-X2.jpg

i-5jM2p8k-X2.jpg

i-WDQK5n5-X2.jpg

Thank you for taking us back to Paradise Beach! Five stops at Cozumel, five visits to PB for us - the last time we were there we asked sons if they wanted to do something different. They looked at us as if we were crazy - "Go to Cozumel and NOT go to Paradise Beach?" And when we first started, all they had in the way of water toys was the iceberg....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Okay…..

i-7rr2Fss-XL.jpg

i-pbJTzQD-X2.jpg

Okay is right🫣🙄.  We were in there sitting on the swings at this time and was like what the heck.  I thought he was employed by them but nope he was a Celebration passenger.  Patti missed the significant other go up there and take her off the stage. My DH just faced the water and ship the whole time.😂

• Haha 4

Enjoying your review!  We will be at Paradise Beach in June and also have a daybed reserved. We have been to Paradise Beach once and had the all inclusive ( No daybed). Did you have to reserve the table and chairs separately or does it come with the daybed reservation?  TIA

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RRLC said:

Enjoying your review!  We will be at Paradise Beach in June and also have a daybed reserved. We have been to Paradise Beach once and had the all inclusive ( No daybed). Did you have to reserve the table and chairs separately or does it come with the daybed reservation?  TIA

Thanks for reading! Our server took the reserved sign off of our daybed and put it on the nearest table. Don't know if that's standard practice or not. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another great review.  Really enjoyed your nostalgic pictures.  I did a double-take of your pictures on your way down to FL.  We just returned from a land trip to Niagara Falls and stayed over at a Country Inn & Suites in the Finger Lakes Region and had dinner at a Ruby Tuesdays 🙂 

On 5/5/2023 at 3:51 PM, Jamman54 said:

She heads back inside of the Marketplace and gets these of Seadogs, Shawarma, and the Gelato station……

IMG_1894-X2.jpg

We just got off the Celebration Sunday (sailed 4/30-5/7) and we never saw Seadogs open. Not sure when it is supposed to be open but apparently never when we looked. 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 4:50 PM, Jamman54 said:

We went back to the cabin where our Sail & Sign cards were in the mailbox, and all our luggage was waiting for us. Of course, Patti had to take pictures before I or our luggage was allowed inside. This is Cabin # 12354…..

Our extended balcony…..

IMG_1995-X2.jpg

IMG_1996-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

We had the bump out balcony directly below you last week (#11358) and it had two loungers, a table and a single chair. We enjoyed lounging out there with the shade for sea day afternoons. Anyone know if you get one configured like this will they honor a request to swap a chair with another lounger?

• Like 2