Where can I see bed configuration

I don't remember if there was a spot to choose twin or queen for the bed configuration when I booked our cruise (Mariner) and I can't seem to find it anywhere under "plan my cruise" when I look online. Is there somewhere I can see what the configuration is? I want to make sure it's two twin and not a queen.

1 hour ago, dizzyr said:

I don't remember if there was a spot to choose twin or queen for the bed configuration when I booked our cruise (Mariner) and I can't seem to find it anywhere under "plan my cruise" when I look online. Is there somewhere I can see what the configuration is? I want to make sure it's two twin and not a queen.

You have to call whoever booked your cruise and have them set your preference.  Not really a big deal as the cabin steward can easily change it the first day if it's not set the way you want it. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You have to call whoever booked your cruise and have them set your preference.  Not really a big deal as the cabin steward can easily change it the first day if it's not set the way you want it. 

I booked it online on the RC site. If it’s no problem to change it once we are on both are then I won’t worry about it. I’d rather not give them extra work though. 

5 hours ago, dizzyr said:

If it’s no problem to change it once we are on both are then I won’t worry about it. I’d rather not give them extra work though. 

Very recently, the option to request the bed configuration may become available just before the sailing.

Screenshot_20230418-140919_Firefox.thumb.jpg.62d1caff53536dd3fb454dee32cc43d3.jpg

Edited by Biker19

That is nice that they have that.  It makes more sense to have that then have everyone who has a CPAP to send an email.   I'd read that often when you requested Separate Beds, they'd be together anyway.  Also should make it easier for there to be a printout with those requests for each room. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dizzyr said:

All mattesses are twins. There are no queen beds.  For a king bed, they are moved together and made with king size bedding. If you request twin, they simply make 2 seperate beds.    

Edited by Loracpin2
addition

I think they have extra helpers come in on Turn Around Day to make the beds.  I've never had them made into two twins right from the start even when I've requested it -- those requests never seem to make it to the room attendants.  

Last fall I was doing four cruises in a row on Explorer, and I couldn't get the same room for the first week -- I got the room next door.  Since I had the same room attendant, I made arrangements with him to move my belongings into the closet after the first week's people left, and then he could turn over the room while I was off doing the "going through Customs and getting back on the ship" routine.  

Even though he KNEW that I wanted the beds separated, he told me it would be made up as a king bed and then he would break it up later in the day.  That's what makes me think they have extra crew from "below deck" come up and do the linens on the beds on TAD -- they just make them all the exact same.  (Because why would the room attendant make it up as a king bed himself when he knew he'd have to redo it later.) 

I'm guessing they might have crew from the laundry room or similar who want to train to be room attendants for a future promotion possibility that come up and help turn over the rooms?  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Very recently, the option to request the bed configuration may become available just before the sailing.

Screenshot_20230418-140919_Firefox.thumb.jpg.62d1caff53536dd3fb454dee32cc43d3.jpg

Is this something that we can fill out or does our TA need to do it? 
we need the distilled water and extension cord for DH’s CPAP. I have emailed the form to special needs each time but never has it been in the cabin. And now that the stewards are so much busier it would be easier on them if they knew ahead of time.  
So where is this online?

Edited by lovesthebeach2