Mv Ventura... Questions

Krydstosser

Hello Guys

We have cruised once with P&O back in 2014 with Oceana, now we are going with Ventura in December (Canary Islands from Southampton). 

Question 1: How is the selection of wines in the Drink package? Many wines or only a few? 

Question 2: Do we have to make a reservation for the Theater/Shows?

Question: 3 How is the Internet (Ultimate) on Ventura? Is it worth the money? 

Question: 4 What is your opinion on the Ventura, Do you like her? 

TIA!

Best regards

from Krydstosser (Means Cruise maniac) 😂

(Do not mind my spelling, I am from Denmark) 

5 hours ago, Krydstosser said:

Hello Guys

We have cruised once with P&O back in 2014 with Oceana, now we are going with Ventura in December (Canary Islands from Southampton). 

Question 1: How is the selection of wines in the Drink package? Many wines or only a few? 

TIA!

Best regards

Just got off the Ventura on Sat 29/03/2023.

Question 1. Very poor selection and not a lot to choose from on the cheaper list . Dearer one, not much better.

Question 2.  No need to book.

Question 3. Internet Package not worth the money.

Question 4. Terrible , Food tasteless with little choice. short of staff , hence long queues and long waits for drinks.

Like you my last PO Cruise was in 2013 and I said then never again.but I give them another go last week and this time I mean it . Never Never P&O AGAIN

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Krydstosser said:

Hello Guys

TIA!

Best regards

1) I don’t drink wine so can’t comment on this 

2) I reserved on the app the same day, but didn’t have any issues. 

3) I paid £24 for a day of Wi-Fi ultimate at sea. It’s nowhere near as fast as at home so expect buffering and loading times. Fine for instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc but maybe not great for Netflix. 

4) She’s an older ship but smaller than the newer ones. As a 30-something year old, I quite like her older charm. She’s a little more dated in her decor but still has a great atmosphere. 

1 hour ago, Landon90 said:

1) I don’t drink wine so can’t comment on this 

2) I reserved on the app the same day, but didn’t have any issues. 

3) I paid £24 for a day of Wi-Fi ultimate at sea. It’s nowhere near as fast as at home so expect buffering and loading times. Fine for instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc but maybe not great for Netflix. 

4) She’s an older ship but smaller than the newer ones. As a 30-something year old, I quite like her older charm. She’s a little more dated in her decor but still has a great atmosphere. 

Em she is not 30 years old she is about 15 years old came into service around 2008/9. If you line wines then just buy as you go. Glass house has a good selection.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, daiB said:

Em she is not 30 years old she is about 15 years old came into service around 2008/9. If you line wines then just buy as you go. Glass house has a good selection.

I think they were talking about their own age not the ship. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gettingwarmer said:

I think they were talking about their own age not the ship. 

Oopps :classic_biggrin:

Edited by daiB
  • Haha 2

I think Azura and Ventura are middle aged and need a comprehensive interior refurbishment of cabins and pubic spaces to bring them in line with the newer ships. More than £50 million needed per ship, maybe a lot more. I doubt if Carnival will spend that sort of money.

4 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I think Azura and Ventura are middle aged and need a comprehensive interior refurbishment of cabins and pubic spaces to bring them in line with the newer ships. More than £50 million needed per ship, maybe a lot more. I doubt if Carnival will spend that sort of money.

Both certainly need a fairly significant refurb of the cabins including large flat screen TVs, the lower public decks are not too bad, but the pool and sun decks are in need of quite substantial updating. If this were done then I would happily sail on either of them again, the layout is not perfect but I do like the fact that both have 2 reasonably sized lounges in addition to the theatre, and not a bad sized prom deck which offers good shade on very sunny days, and is great for people watching.

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Azura last few cruises it seems like the interior public areas constantly being updated new sun beds, chairs,carpets

13 hours ago, Krydstosser said:

Hello Guys

Question 1: How is the selection of wines in the Drink package? Many wines or only a few? last time we went on her we had a full selection from the list, however if that has changed its down to poor management of supplies as hasn't been a big issue on Britannia recently.

Question 2: Do we have to make a reservation for the Theater/Shows? as with all P&O they are using an app onboard - however turn up and if they get no shows or have room they will let you in - so if you dont have a smart phone book b4 you board

Question: 3 How is the Internet (Ultimate) on Ventura? Is it worth the money? never used

Question: 4 What is your opinion on the Ventura, Do you like her? I do like ventura, yes she's feeling a little dated - tv's could surely be updated but good amount of space and venues for her size.

TIA!

Best regards

We had 2 cruises about 2 years apart on her - the first of the 2 the food and service in MDR for second sitting was rubbish. the second trip it was back to good - change of crew and head chef had made a huge difference.

Thanks for the answers! Its our 14th cruise we have tried big ships and have a cruise with NCL Getaway in June but I think the old fashion ships with old decor pubs and classic decor.. We do not use flowriders/Para glider simulator/ Go cart/Bumber cars etc. so we learned that smaller and older ships are better for us. Maybe its unfair to the newer ship but they look so cold and minimalistic. I will say the Swim up bar on Arvia looks fantastic. I must try that one day... 😂  Thanks again Guys!

• Like 1