🛳️ Live (hopefully) from Crown Princess May 12 - 23

Coral

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Wow! I have never seen Chile Relleno on a Princess menu before. Did you see anybody having it? I have to wonder how well they make this dish given some of their other "interesting" interpretations of food.

if they still have it on the menu when I board the Crown at the end of June, I'll let you know how I find it.  I do love a good Chile Relleno and they are hard to find, even here in San Diego.  If it's dreadful, I know I  won't go hungry on a Princess ship!

@Coral, looks like I better put a few pieces of lighter clothing in my suitcase for our upcoming trips. 

Have a fabulous time on Adventure Bound, I know it is one of your favorite excursions.  Looking forward to seeing all the beautiful blue bergs.

Just now, Italy52 said:

@Coral, looks like I better put a few pieces of lighter clothing in my suitcase for our upcoming trips. 

Have a fabulous time on Adventure Bound, I know it is one of your favorite excursions.  Looking forward to seeing all the beautiful blue bergs.

Cancelled 😢

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

Wow! I have never seen Chile Relleno on a Princess menu before. Did you see anybody having it? I have to wonder how well they make this dish given some of their other "interesting" interpretations of food.

I volunteer to investigate and will report back. I was born in San Diego and spent my first 28 years in S. CA and my very favorite food is Mexican. So, hopefully it will be offered on the Sky this June. I know, it is quite the sacrifice........

22 minutes ago, Coral said:

My tour to Tracy Arm is now cancelled due to boat problems. Super bummed.

I am sorry.  I did wonder though if the boat would be able to go up the Arm this early in the season.  We did that excursion off the boat our first trip to Alaska and we were told that we were the first to be able to get into the Arm that year.  We were there in late June.

56 minutes ago, nini said:

I volunteer to investigate and will report back. I was born in San Diego and spent my first 28 years in S. CA and my very favorite food is Mexican. So, hopefully it will be offered on the Sky this June. I know, it is quite the sacrifice........

We lived in Madera, CA for 5 looooooooooooong years. A few times we ate at a little restaurant by the stockyards. You had to walk outside and past part of the odoriferous stockyard to get to the toilet. I don't think many gringos went there but their salsa was fantastic and they had the absolute best Chile Relleno I have ever tasted. I had it every time we went there. (I usually spell it "chili" but I believe "chile" is the proper Mexican spelling.)

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

@Coral I am so sorry, I know how much you were looking forward to the trip.  Is Allen Marine's Tracy Arm tour available from your excursion list??? 

No it isn't. I was just on their website and I can't book it there either.

1 hour ago, miagirl said:

I am sorry.  I did wonder though if the boat would be able to go up the Arm this early in the season.  We did that excursion off the boat our first trip to Alaska and we were told that we were the first to be able to get into the Arm that year.  We were there in late June.

This company can usually get in in May.

@CoralStay healthy,  stay masked indoors on ship! I let down my guard, went mask free. Tested positive four days after arriving home off Majestic. First time. Never had it before. Sailed twice on Royal in 2022.

Symptoms started showing up second day home. Didn't fly anywhere. Good luck to everyone!

Thank you for your time and excellent reports. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

@CoralStay healthy,  stay masked indoors on ship! I let down my guard, went mask free. Tested positive four days after arriving home off Majestic. First time. Never had it before. Sailed twice on Royal in 2022.

Symptoms started showing up second day home. Didn't fly anywhere. Good luck to everyone!

Thank you for your time and excellent reports. 

Thank you. I am aware of one person with COVID. I wore my mask on the van today and have been wearing it in the Theatre. I actually haven't been in the dining room that much due to my dining fiasco and refusing to sit at those tables that are very close to each other. This is rare for me as I really hate buffets.

5 minutes ago, Coral said:

Thank you. I am aware of one person with COVID. I wore my mask on the van today and have been wearing it in the Theatre. I actually haven't been in the dining room that much due to my dining fiasco and refusing to sit at those tables that are very close to each other. This is rare for me as I really hate buffets.

Stay healthy! Masks are still useful... Enjoy the last few days. We didn't go to the shows, ate at a fairly isolated table in one of the small rooms in Allegro. Should have worn a mask on every elevator ride with others! Shoulda, but didn't.  😥

Edited by CruzeQueen2
Missing word
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Forgot to ask, did you make it up to Carcross Canada, an any pictures of Skagway?

I did make it there. I actually took very few pictures. I haven't been here for over a decade and I was surprised at how much it has changed and expanded. Large buses didn't used to stop here. We stopped when we rented a car.

I spent most of my time speaking with some new friends from my roll call. They visit where I live several times a year and we were talking about meeting up when they come next time. These are the only 2 pics I took there.

IMG_2753.thumb.jpeg.83a8d5cf8eb88b4b3462cdcc30a70ad5.jpeg IMG_2751.thumb.jpeg.ec5b42fdf2c35aa83af3e0291581c9b5.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

We lived in Madera, CA for 5 looooooooooooong years. A few times we ate at a little restaurant by the stockyards. You had to walk outside and past part of the odoriferous stockyard to get to the toilet. I don't think many gringos went there but their salsa was fantastic and they had the absolute best Chile Relleno I have ever tasted. I had it every time we went there. (I usually spell it "chili" but I believe "chile" is the proper Mexican spelling.)

The very best Mexican restaurants are typically the little "hole in the wall" places. That is what we have found in many places we have lived. That is not to say that it can not be found in the not so hole in the wall. This may seem like a contradiction, but we have found to not avoid those small places off of the beaten path.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coral said:

I would much rather eat in the MDR close to other tables with plated dishes than the buffet with people crowded in and sharing serving utensils   Just my preference and I have had Covid twice on cruises in the last 8 months. Per my doctor I should be swimming in immunity and in fact they will not give me another booster till after my June cruises

• Like 1

1 minute ago, memoak said:

I would much rather eat in the MDR close to other tables with plated dishes than the buffet with people crowded in and sharing serving utensils   Just my preference and I have had Covid twice on cruises in the last 8 months. Per my doctor I should be swimming in immunity and in fact they will not give me another booster till after my June cruises

Most of my breakfasts have been from International Cafe, my lunches have been at pizzeria or grill and dinners have been hit or miss. I think I have eaten at the buffet 1x for dinner. 2x for afternoon snacks. Last night it was hamburger grill. The time I ate at the buffet for dinner - I just had them serve me meat so I didn't touch any utensils. I did touch the utensils for the waffle bar and crepe bar.

Most studies show COVID isn't affected as much on surfaces. Regardless, I am very good at sanitizing/washing my hands frequently.

I have not been pleased with the long dining lines on this ship to the dining room. I don't know why they exist, especially since our ship is not at capacity. I think it deals with Dine My Way or whatever they call it. Long lines to get in but when you are in the dining room, it is partially empty as there are reservations later. Just not a good design. 

I have stayed COVID free this entire time and I work in education. I obviously have been doing something correctly. I know the time will come eventually when I get it.

• Like 3

Hi Coral.  I believe we cruised with you back in 2018 on a Midnight Sun cruise on the Sapphire back in 2018.

Thanks for all the great information.  We are going on the Crown in July and have found many great ideas in your posts.

• Like 1