Yacht Club...what is not included?

kaz828

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise/msc-yacht-club

(MSC link with info)

Specialty chocolate/drinks at Jean-Philippe or Venchi are not included (Venchi used to be included).

Gelato and crêpes aren't officially included (anymore...used to be) but you might get a butler to bring either to you at no charge. 

Specialty dining venues are not included. 

https://cruisingkids.co.uk/msc-yacht-club/

(A short article on Yacht Club)

It's easier for forum members to answer specific questions so if you have any, feel free to ask. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was just in YC on the meraviglia.  It was my 3rd MSC cruise but first time in the YC.  This trip was wonderful...will never sail non-YC again.  

Excursions aren't included.  Specialty restaurants aren't included (and not necessary).  There were 2 "extra shows" not included. 

You might want to say what you're looking for...so we can tell u if it's included or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kaz828 said:

Never been on MSC and intrigued by the Yacht Club. What do I need to know?
What is not included? 

You need to know that a TA will save you allot of grief if you encounter any issues.

What's not included? Customer service and a decent website.

Edited by mscdivina2016
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

The premium streaming internet is not included. Surprising when compared to other suite products like Celebrity but to me that is the only shortfall. Fortunately the upgrade doesn’t do much, so it’s not really necessary, but also I made the mistake my first time and they wouldn’t switch me back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

The premium streaming internet is not included. Surprising when compared to other suite products like Celebrity but to me that is the only shortfall. Fortunately the upgrade doesn’t do much, so it’s not really necessary, but also I made the mistake my first time and they wouldn’t switch me back. 

I watched live shows on the meraviglia last week.  No problem with speed or connection.  I was able to text....but sometimes with a delay.

21 minutes ago, xcell said:

Minibar snacks "refills" not included

But....there were "snacks galore" in the lounge.  The ones in the evening were wonderful (nuts,chips, macarons, fancy candy)and the butler brought some things to the cabin also. 

Water, soda and juice were refilled.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I watched live shows on the meraviglia last week.  No problem with speed or connection.  I was able to text....but sometimes with a delay.

Did you have Browse or Stream?

16 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Did you have Browse or Stream?

I used Chrome on an android phone.  I didn't watch anything on Netflix etc...but I did use youtube.  I watched "my shows" that broadcast live (shopping etc)...without any issues.

52 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Was this regular or premium Wi-Fi?

Excited to read this thread. We have been on 10 MSC cruises from Inside to Balcony, but never Yacht Club. Happened to watch a you-tube on Interior Yacht Club experience couple weeks ago and booked March 2024 on Seashore. Now reading anything I can about Yacht Club. 

1 minute ago, cellfree said:

Excited to read this thread. We have been on 10 MSC cruises from Inside to Balcony, but never Yacht Club. Happened to watch a you-tube on Interior Yacht Club experience couple weeks ago and booked March 2024 on Seashore. Now reading anything I can about Yacht Club. 

Can you share that YouTube video?

3 minutes ago, kaz828 said:

Can you share that YouTube video?

Hope I can - parodeejay YouTube - their names are Dee and Jay - they did a B2B on Meraviglia - if I remember correctly 4 nights on ship, not sure type of cabin but then moved to 3 nights in Yacht Club. 

4 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

The main problem I had was with sending photos on iMessage. One picture would take 8-10 minutes to go back home. Things worked OK on my work computer. I wonder if they throttle iMessage. This was 4/22 on Meraviglia. I was just surprised because on Celebrity when you have that issue and upgrade to the premium wifi (which is included in all suites) it goes away. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sbcs5390 said:

The main problem I had was with sending photos on iMessage. One picture would take 8-10 minutes to go back home. Things worked OK on my work computer. I wonder if they throttle iMessage. This was 4/22 on Meraviglia. I was just surprised because on Celebrity when you have that issue and upgrade to the premium wifi (which is included in all suites) it goes away. 

I sent a few pics with text messages.  No problems.  Most times the texts went thru immediatley; sometimes it said "waiting for connection"....and a couple of times it said "could not send".  The only thing I used was an android phone.  As a fact I texted a pic to my son and I got his response text back in seconds.

My husband, who is "tech cluelss" used his phone without needing my assistance the entire week (meaning never disconnected and never had to wait for a site to load).

I guess "it just depends".......

17 minutes ago, cellfree said:

MsTabbyKats, crazy question - is there Conditioner in Yacht Club cabins? I usually bring my own but if not necessary…..

Not such a crazy question (because I had mine with me).  Yes...there was conditioner, shampoo, body wash and body lotion upon arrival.

They all lasted the entire 8 days...but I assume the butler would bring you more upon request.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Not such a crazy question (because I had mine with me).  Yes...there was conditioner, shampoo, body wash and body lotion upon arrival.

They all lasted the entire 8 days...but I assume the butler would bring you more upon request.

Much appreciated. Also read the Thread you started, something like “yacht club- please.” Glad you enjoyed it so, am afraid I’ll never want to go back to another type cabin - ha. 

2 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

That would be one of my videos 👍🏻
I have a YC Deluxe also in signature 

😎

There will also be one of a Grand Deluxe Suite on Seascape soon too

And then one of a unique inside YC on Seaside 

This inside on Meraviglia was perfect and the price for YC entry level, can’t be matched by any other cruise line 

We are enjoying trying various different YC style suites and really can’t wait for our Owners Suite YC4 16002 on the World America 

MSC is a great product, just need to iron out a few kinks to finally crack the US market 

• Like 1