Thoughts on the Pride

aml3679

12 minutes ago, aml3679 said:

We have a free cruise and we are thinking about the Pride out of Tampa (only an hour from our house).

Here is a good place to start. Click on the link below. 

Cruise Critic Carnival Pride:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?type=forums_topic&search_and_or=or&search_in=titles&nodes=133&q=pride

🍹

2 hours ago, sunonfire said:

We only sail on the Carnival Spirit class out of Tampa. We love the port of Tampa. The Pride is the perfect size ship for us.

We can drive to Tampa from Ft Myers, so we tried the Pride.  An old ship, and it shows its age.  The Steakhouse was open to the atrium and we had all the noise from name that tune contests, etc, held decks below.   I did get what I paid for, a bargain cruise, but won't sail it again.

Would rather l drive to Miami instead for a much newer Carnival ship, or FLL for Celebrity or another cruise line.

The Pride is one of our favorite ships.  We have been on it several times and have a 21-day B2B in Europe scheduled for this summer. Spirit class has the highest square footage to passenger ratio on Carnival. It never feels crowded.

Love the layout of the ship.  It doesn't have every single bell and whistle as some of the newer ships, but it is fine for us.

• Like 1

We loved the Pride! The serenity deck is on the back of the ship and so relaxing! Never felt crowded at anytime on this ship. Not as many food choices as bigger ships yet we always found something to eat. If you are cruising with kids, the bigger ships do have more activities for them…

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hurricane0226 said:

We have done two Panama Canal cruises on the Pride, and have loved both of them,

the ship is small and slightly used but a nice ship.

I am sailing on the Pride in February 2024 to Panama. Is there a good place to sit on the ship and watch the locks?

1 hour ago, ChinaShrek said:

I am sailing on the Pride in February 2024 to Panama. Is there a good place to sit on the ship and watch the locks?

If you have a balcony room, that would be a good place, also from the Lido deck, would be good.

The Pride is currently in dry dock, so she should be spruced up when back in service. The Spirit class ships are our favorite, size-wise. We've been on the Pride multiple times, and we've always had enjoyable experiences.

8 hours ago, ChinaShrek said:

I hope I get this correct, it's been awhile since I've been on one of the Spirit Class ships..... When we went through the Panama Canal on Pride you can go all the way forward on Lido deck and (if my memory is correct) there are some stairs off to the side where you can go down to a forward facing deck that gives you a great view as you go through the locks.  

It's also neat to go down to deck 3 where you'll be just about even with the side of the canal.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, groundloop said:

I hope I get this correct, it's been awhile since I've been on one of the Spirit Class ships..... When we went through the Panama Canal on Pride you can go all the way forward on Lido deck and (if my memory is correct) there are some stairs off to the side where you can go down to a forward facing deck that gives you a great view as you go through the locks.  

That's what I was hoping to hear!

On 5/12/2023 at 9:33 PM, hurricane0226 said:

We have done two Panama Canal cruises on the Pride, and have loved both of them,

the ship is small and slightly used but a nice ship.

Great to hear.   We have the Panama Canal cruise booked for next March.

• Like 1

Any Spirit Class ship is a great choice. I really hope Carnival keeps them around and "Sunshines" this class like they did with Destiny class.  Spirit class is a favorite class amongst Carnival fans.

Edited by stobe1