NCL Prima passenger fined for cocaine possesion

Charles4515

doesnt matter as long as she doesnt try and pull a dumb stunt like this on any other cruise line or vacation.

while i dont think i'd take the no booze from southampton case,

i might take this one and try to convince someone that it wasnt hers, and she didnt know it was in the cabin.  would have her plead the stupidity defense. DUH! i thought it was baby powder supplied by  the ship (LOL)

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, macewank said:

Would be incredibly difficult for law enforcement to prove that unless she outright admitted it, and even then, would it be worth their time?

From what I  read, she admitted to the Court in Bermuda that the drugs were hers and she had brought them onboard The Prima.  Worth law enforcement's time, maybe not but to set an example, Yes.  Will have to wait and see what happens from this point forward.

4 hours ago, sanger727 said:

The penalty for being found in possession of cocaine in the US would be jail. She got off very easy with a $2,500 fine. 

Perhaps Bermuda would rather take the money then have to spend money on incarceration.

I do agree that it could have been much worse for her than a $2500 fine rather than a possible prison sentence.

62-year-old woman with nose candy. granny you are not 16 anymore.

on my last NCL cruise (Portugal to new York)  there was a gentleman who brought some marijuana onboard ( I resisted the urge to call it jazz cabbage) when i "caught" him smoking it, he was like? are you going to tell?

no dude i am not going to tell.

23 hours ago, www3traveler said:

I would think that she could face drug charges in the US-- she board the ship in New York City with the drugs in her posession.  Bringing drugs on board a cruise ship is illegal.

They cannot prove where it was that she bought the drugs aboard or even that she was the one who did so.  Even uf the stop in question was the first port of call, the later point stands.

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Perhaps Bermuda would rather take the money than have to spend money on incarceration.

I do agree that it could have been much worse for her than a $2500 fine rather than a possible prison sentence.

Let alone no incarceration, the 2,500 is extremely low for this offense.  If they "just wanted tht money" the fine would have easily been 10x what she was fined.  She got off VERY light.

12 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Let alone no incarceration, the 2,500 is extremely low for this offense.  If they "just wanted tht money" the fine would have easily been 10x what she was fined.  She got off VERY light.

I agree they could have fined her more, but 10 times as much probably would not have been something she could have paid. Then they get nothing and have the expense of locking her up.