First one onboard Founders Cruise of Vista

slw207693

10 hours ago, slw207693 said:

I stand corrected on internet connection - it is 1 log in per cabin except the Vista, Oceania and Owners suites who get 2 log-ins

Thank you so much for answering all our questions.  Do you know what the cost is if someone wants to pay to have a second login

Just now, ToxM said:

Smoking lounge looks very opulent, very nice!

It looks like a lovely room for relaxing. If the ventilation was designed and installed properly, no one will notice (and comment about) the smoke. Win-win!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kibutzer said:

Curious how they will handle "chair hogs" with  what looks like such limited shade

Looks like the same  areas on the other ships

Under  the upper deck shade at certain times of the day

20 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

It looks like a lovely room for relaxing. If the ventilation was designed and installed properly, no one will notice (and comment about) the smoke. Win-win!

I wonder if it has doors on it like The R class. Looks lovely,  and I hope they installed good ventilation 🙂 

1 hour ago, schmerl said:

That's too bad. I LOVED the walk in closet on the Riviera. 

Walk in closet. In the FP, or elsewhere, a wonderful place to store snorkeling or dive gear. Those fins take up space.

When stashing several cases of wine, a convenient place to store until needed. 

Disappointed on this change.

13 hours ago, slw207693 said:

Pool deck from Deck 14.  Not a lot of loungers under shade - only one row, 607BF95E-BBB7-404F-9F6F-EEB5B26784A9.thumb.jpeg.da27d9034d96d81cb1485cf17cdc16af.jpegD470D092-4B65-451A-94EC-EC5384B3EEFD.thumb.jpeg.c61ccd082994d8ab70ab3cad20199038.jpeg861FBDD6-7EE8-4B68-B873-C06A8D8B6B25.thumb.jpeg.5fc2d7e1112897cb36a44adeaa013450.jpegbut lots of nook areas with round loungers.   Weather cool outside Sorrento today

not sure what I did to get words beside the pictures as I typed all the words then said add pictures and this is how it turned out 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I bet those shade areas will be at a premium on our Panama Canal cruise!! 

On 5/13/2023 at 9:54 AM, slw207693 said:

Order of pictures

terrace before deluge of guests

Privee (seating for 14)

Polo 

Waves grill

aquamar Cafe (extremely popular today, but it’s a sit and be served restaurant)

Embers

Toscana

Favorite Barristas

Lync digital Center (located on deck 14 forward behind Artist Loft) - formerly Oceania @sea internet area

Barristas bakery and seating area

FYI - 6th photo in Post #9 is not Ember, but the Grand Dining Room.

Thanks for all the great photos!  🎉

Joe

Edited by JoePDX

3 hours ago, ToxM said:

I wonder if it has doors on it like The R class. Looks lovely,  and I hope they installed good ventilation 🙂 

I pulled up the deck plan - which shows no doors on any public rooms…so no help.   But the deck plan implies an antechamber you pass through before the hallway…..   “I would kill for a Polaroid!”    

A quote from a favorite show…. 😊

Joe

• Thanks 1

The smoking room has two sets of doors, no smoke so far escaping into hallway.   It is not a part of Horizons lounge.  Also have not seen any officers in there on a break.  

had lovely dinner in RG tonight.  Chef Frederick and all the culinary staff have done a magnificent job with the food.   There is a little separate room we used in RG this evening.  A certain cruise director referred to it as the “garage”,  but I’m pretty sure that is not the official name for it. 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

We board next year so thank you for this thread! The ship sounds absolutely gorgeous and I’m particularly pleased to hear that the smoking setup is not the problem it is on Riviera. Is there an outdoor smoking area or just the indoor lounge?

So sought out the outdoor smoking room, which is now enclosed and much smaller than the open area under the stairs on the other ships.  I ventured in, one guest sitting in chair and he commented on the bar style stools covered in green velvet   😳 facing the sea 

they swivel, not all the way round, only partially and are high, very high and a real wobble to get in them.  Few others wandered in and no one attempted them but leaned in between them.   As you can see from the picture, someone has already burned a hole in the fabric

as a non smoker, I didn’t stay too long in the blue room

678A0714-0E7A-48E5-B942-A5980C084529.thumb.jpeg.2641e4a93dd4c898b453ff45e9e8ddbf.jpeg6802A4DA-487D-4EB0-9248-903E99B8196D.thumb.jpeg.84fdb8e5ef6fb399846537e958c05135.jpeg7305A2E9-C1ED-4D82-9999-2E7EA974F986.thumb.jpeg.09b3c31c7c9ba873b62dedfad27df8f5.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Well that does not seem very big  nor inviting  for smokers  unlike on the other  ships

Too bad  about the burn hole already

Did you find the indoor smoking area ?

Nope, this is the only outdoor space to smoke.  Same location but now smaller and enclosed.  Only indoor space to smoke is new enclosed room on starboard side in front of Horizons on Deck 14.  Spa is now entire front section forward of elevators on Deck 15

a very successful addition is the Aquamar Kitchen (where LaReserve is on Marina and Riviera).  They have a table that seats 10 inside but have turned the outdoor area into seating with heaters in ceiling. (It’s been a cooler sailing in the Med).   It is a sit down and order off menu set up.  Right now very popular at breakfast (avocado toast, fancy pancakes, eggs made to order, smoothies like Waves); lunch - soups, poke bowls (excellent) tuna tacos, salads, etc.  apparently Mr Del Rio said at the Cruise Critic meet and greet that they may contemplate using it for dinners in the future.  

in talking with Miami management, they are saying that this is a new Allura class that will be slightly different than Marina and Riviera.  It doesn’t mean those ships will become what this ship is.   It’s about being able to chose what you want when you sail.  If you love Jacques and LaReserve, sail Marina and Riviera.  If you want quicker dining option, Embers or Aquamar Kitchen on Vista. 

Staff has been top notch and friendly.  Maximo has coffee started in Barristas the moment he sets eyes on you - he has the memory we all wish we had!   Sr Executive Chef Frederic should be congratulated for all his team is doing to be on top of all the different foods.  Last night was Italian Market dinner - Grazie Mille,  it was outstanding

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, slw207693 said:

Nope, this is the only outdoor space to smoke.  Same location but now smaller and enclosed.  Only indoor space to smoke is new enclosed room on starboard side in front of Horizons on Deck 14.  Spa is now entire front section forward of elevators on Deck 15

a very successful addition is the Aquamar Kitchen (where LaReserve is on Marina and Riviera).  They have a table that seats 10 inside but have turned the outdoor area into seating with heaters in ceiling. (It’s been a cooler sailing in the Med).   It is a sit down and order off menu set up.  Right now very popular at breakfast (avocado toast, fancy pancakes, eggs made to order, smoothies like Waves); lunch - soups, poke bowls (excellent) tuna tacos, salads, etc.  apparently Mr Del Rio said at the Cruise Critic meet and greet that they may contemplate using it for dinners in the future.  

in talking with Miami management, they are saying that this is a new Allura class that will be slightly different than Marina and Riviera.  It doesn’t mean those ships will become what this ship is.   It’s about being able to chose what you want when you sail.  If you love Jacques and LaReserve, sail Marina and Riviera.  If you want quicker dining option, Embers or Aquamar Kitchen on Vista. 

Staff has been top notch and friendly.  Maximo has coffee started in Barristas the moment he sets eyes on you - he has the memory we all wish we had!   Sr Executive Chef Frederic should be congratulated for all his team is doing to be on top of all the different foods.  Last night was Italian Market dinner - Grazie Mille,  it was outstanding

Thanks so much for taking precious vacation time to share your photos and experiences onboard.  Much appreciated!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Too bad  about the burn hole already

One would expect to have flying cigarette embers in an outdoor smoking area, so it’s curious that there are velvet seat covers. 🤷‍♀️

Not to open a whole "bag of beans"......

How is the coffee through room service and in the the restaurants?  Has it improved?  

Know the Baristas coffee is wonderful, but prefer that first cup in the morning  in my bathrobe on the balcony.

Outdoor smoking area looks a bit of a letdown. The nicest outdoor smoking areas are on the R’S where the area has lovely squishy seats and a nice social feel. it also has a hidden heater for the middle of the Atlantic 😉

"There is a table and chair by balcony doors with shelf and drawers.   It’s been a good area to tuck the 54 bottles of wine we brought onboard today."

Sorry, a general Oceania question but you seem to enjoy wine as much as we do!

Do you just pay the corkage fee in the restaurants & dining room?

Is it tacky to take a glass of wine to dinner with you?