Is there a set dining time in Luminae?

Sigyn

We have late dining for our upcoming Millennium cruise to Alaska, but that was scheduled when we were in a Sunset Veranda cabin. We've since changed our cabin to a Sky Suite. Are there set dining times for Luminae as well? 

23 minutes ago, CruisinShips said:

Can you just show up at any time without reservations?

😉

Since they don’t take reservations, that’s the only way you can show up. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We will be a group of 10 on most evenings in Luminae on the Apex, and our TA made a reservation for early seating at the time of booking. Should I assume that the 6:00 reservation no longer holds? Can Luminae accommodate a large group as walk-ins? Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, LoveBora said:

We will be a group of 10 on most evenings in Luminae on the Apex, and our TA made a reservation for early seating at the time of booking. Should I assume that the 6:00 reservation no longer holds? Can Luminae accommodate a large group as walk-ins? Thanks. 

Discuss with the Maitre'd when you board. They should set you up somewhere away from the rest of the guests. A table of 10 can get a little disruptive.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, LoveBora said:

Yes you can assume that the 6 PM reservation is not in force. The TA did not understand that you cannot make a reservation for luminae.  

10 people sitting together as walkins? That is really stretching it. As soon as you board, consult the retreat host and or the Luminae host because otherwise they will be unprepared for a group of ten

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, LoveBora said:

there really aren't that many long tables in Luminae to accommodate 10. I would go to the restaurant at boarding and talk to them.  Probably the best would have a set time for the group to eat and stick to that   Groups of 2 and 4 are what they are prepared for at anytime - not 10 

Are you also planning to eat together at breakfast, let the maître d’ know that so they can keep the group of 10 spots together otherwise they will be separating those tables and then putting them back together every day. And if there is ever a day when you are not coming to dinner, let them know that too

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, LoveBora said:

We were actually on the Millennium pre-covid when there was a group of thirty (yes -- 30) in Suites and traveling together.  And not all of the group spoke English.  In that case they were on their own for breakfast and sea day lunches, but the Maitre'd did seat them together in two seatings (an early and a late) during dinner.  The group determined which 16 would arrive early and which 14 would arrive for the second seating.  They were seated along the long wall with the banquette type sofa. It actually meant that there were more window seating for those who wanted windows.  

As already mentioned immediately speak to the Maitre'd as to how he or she wants to handle a group of ten.

2 hours ago, LoveBora said:

I’m sure you all are the nicest people, but we were on Millennium once with a large group in Luminae, and it was pretty disruptive what with the people at one end trying to talk to the people at the other end, and ten people laughing at every joke, etc.

You might think about dividing up into six and four, just to be considerate to your fellow diners.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tfred said:

there really aren't that many long tables in Luminae to accommodate 10. I would go to the restaurant at boarding and talk to them.  Probably the best would have a set time for the group to eat and stick to that   Groups of 2 and 4 are what they are prepared for at anytime - not 10 

I have seen groups that big on edge and beyond, I see no reason they can’t be together.

3 minutes ago, George C said:

I have seen groups that big on edge and beyond, I see no reason they can’t be together.

didn't say they cant be seated together. However if the suites are sold out chances are that Luminae may be busy with many of those tables set for 2 or 4   There is a long banquette that would be best for a large party - that banquette is also used for the 2/4 seatings depending on the time and rush. You only need one part of 2 in the middle of the banquette to derail the 10 top idea