The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday May 16th, 2023

richwmn

Thanks for the concern.   We are staying inside, windows closed with two hepa filters running.  
it reached numbers of over 500 today, for reference Beijing is 98.    We had been okay until the wind shifted today,  so it may be a few more days. 

I cannot imagine how bad it must be closer to the fires.   They have evacuated more people.  

Even King Charles sent messages to those affected.  Scary times.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 11

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Brenda @bennybear your air quality is really, really bad!  Please stay in and take precautions not to breathe that air.  I hope things improve for your area soon.

Well, I've had no pep at all today.  My extra hour of "sleep" last night didn't do me any good at all, and I don't drink coffee so have just gotten by at low speed.  So I went to the nap room (very dark and quiet) this afternoon and rested.  Right after I got up DD called from her drive home from school and told me some great news.  Really gave me a boost!   Her principal called her in for a chat.  Uh-oh, she thought.  What did somebody tell their parent something she supposedly said?

Nope, good news.  The Ohio state test results are back and 100% of her homeroom math students passed the test.  Her second 4th grade math class all passed except for two students.  One reads at a 2nd grade level so misses half of her math lessons so she can tutored for reading.  Another one has terrible learning disabilities but he almost passed!  So that gave her a 91% pass rate in that class.  I'm so proud of her!  She has helped her fellow math teachers so much by them following her methods. Their school has the highest 4th grade math results in the district.  I often hear about low test scores across the country in math and English and it's pretty depressing.  Just wanted to share some good news today!

So far I only have one page finished in the photo book today so way behind.  Back to work.

Congratulations to your daughter Sandi. She is a very talented teacher.I am sure you are very proud.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Afternoon all, we’ve brought Fluff home for as long as we can. The good news is that they’re removed fluid from her chest and her heart is ok and she is off oxygen. The bad news is she has cancer in the lungs probably spread from the mammary glands removed last year. She came home with pain meds and instructions to follow up with our regular vet. Call them if she starts having breathing issues again.💔

May Fluff have a wonderful remaining time! My Winkie lived two years with her cancer, so you never know. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Cleaning lady will start tomorrow, yay!  I’m happy because the guest bathroom needs a good going-over before our visitors arrive, and I was not looking forward to scrubbing the bathtub - I might never get up off the floor!

a bit late for iris day, but my irises have started blooming.  We have had such warm weather, the flowers are going past very quickly.  We even have the air conditioning on. DA505D5D-A1AF-4CEE-96B2-9F0DF35E4FDB.thumb.jpeg.1f8e432d1bbb923d531031a848a1e5d2.jpeg

i have no idea if I will ever see my cleaning lady again.  She wanted to come today but I said no because I had no idea how Jim would be feeling.  I was right in my decision.  i am not sure what to do at this point. I just have too much to do on my own.

Terri

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

Well, Jim slept all day.  He went back to bed about 10 am after he had breakfast and woke up when I got back from my errands about 3:45 pm.  He thought it was morning. At least he got some sleep and his head does not hurt as bad as last night.  I will change the dressing again before we go to bed.  i think tonight he can sleep in the bed rather than the recliner.

I am really tired.  I am not only doing my chores, but his as well.  I am just sitting down after being on my feet all day.

i am a bit disappointed.  I just found out (too late) that the movie “The Way” was re released and was in the theaters only one day and that was today.  I missed seeing it.  I saw it many years ago and would have liked to see it again, especially on the big screen.  I did see it on Netflix a few years ago and would like to see it again.   I hope I can stream it on my TV.  

If I were younger and in better shape I would seriously consider doing the Camino de Santiago.  However, not at this point in my life.  I just hope I can go back there some day. It is a very inspiring place.

i saw an interview with Martin Sheen on TV yesterday and it was very good.

I am counting on getting a good nights sleep tonight.

Hope everyone had a good day.

Terri

• Like 17

Terri, I’m having the opposite problem, as Pat thinks he is back to normal.  He drove today, I thought he should wait a little longer, and then, when I wasn’t looking, he got out the stepladder and cleaned the filters on the heat pumps.  I can’t keep him down.  I am trying to do his household chores before he gets to them, but he’s very sneaky!  I just don’t want him damaging anything as he recovers. 

Hope you do get a good night’s sleep tonight.  

• Like 15

55 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Well, Jim slept all day.  He went back to bed about 10 am after he had breakfast and woke up when I got back from my errands about 3:45 pm.  He thought it was morning. At least he got some sleep and his head does not hurt as bad as last night.  I will change the dressing again before we go to bed.  i think tonight he can sleep in the bed rather than the recliner.

I am really tired.  I am not only doing my chores, but his as well.  I am just sitting down after being on my feet all day.

i am a bit disappointed.  I just found out (too late) that the movie “The Way” was re released and was in the theaters only one day and that was today.  I missed seeing it.  I saw it many years ago and would have liked to see it again, especially on the big screen.  I did see it on Netflix a few years ago and would like to see it again.   I hope I can stream it on my TV.  

If I were younger and in better shape I would seriously consider doing the Camino de Santiago.  However, not at this point in my life.  I just hope I can go back there some day. It is a very inspiring place.

i saw an interview with Martin Sheen on TV yesterday and it was very good.

I am counting on getting a good nights sleep tonight.

Hope everyone had a good day.

Terri

I would,love to walk,part of the way, too!  We visited Santiago del compestela and it was very inspiring.  Hope you have. A good night!

38 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Terri, I’m having the opposite problem, as Pat thinks he is back to normal.  He drove today, I thought he should wait a little longer, and then, when I wasn’t looking, he got out the stepladder and cleaned the filters on the heat pumps.  I can’t keep him down.  I am trying to do his household chores before he gets to them, but he’s very sneaky!  I just don’t want him damaging anything as he recovers. 

Hope you do get a good night’s sleep tonight.  

Glad he’s feeling better but make sure Pat has clearance to drive,    I couldn’t for two weeks after. surgery 

• Like 10

Finally finished reading all the posts today

Walked along to the shops this morning  before the fog and rain appeared.

Roast leg of lamb for dinner tonight, lots of vegetables and a Pinot Noir.

Welcome back @richwmn.

Congratulations to @aliaschief Bruce and Sue on your Anniversary. 

@1ANGELCAT Fluff is a lovely cat, good that she is home with you to give her all the love she needs.

@Vict0riann pleased that the cleaning lady will help you, am sure Pat will only do what he feels able to cope with.    Has your headache cleared?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1