Oceania vs Celebrity pricing

Ex-Airbalancer

On 5/17/2023 at 8:43 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

People are always mentioning just that Oceania is a better deal 

Atleast my price is something I bought 

Have a nice evening 😁

People are always saying a mansion is more expensive than a townhouse. My grandfather only paid $420,000 for his mansion in Louisville in 1927.  Our townhouse in Miami is $480,000 now.

• Haha 1

On 5/19/2023 at 5:07 AM, basenji56 said:

In the Carribean, the destinations are very similar.  But, yes, interesting and different destinations are a reason to try other lines.

For the people who put a high value on food, I see them switching to Oceania or Virgin Voyages.  The food definitely seems to have declined on Celebrity and Royal.  (Flame suit on).

For the Caribbean, we have switched to Windstar over Celebrity. The small ship, more time in port and the ability to jump off the back of the ship when tendered won us over last year. Food and drink were excellent and the staff knew our names by day 2. We still love Celebrity but I will stick to them for ocean crossings and other itineraries. 

8 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Doing my good deed in telling others.  Thank you for asking.

Wonder how many of the “others” are cancelling their celebrity cruises as we speak and booking Oceania who really should offer you a huge discount for your marketing efforts for them 👏👏👏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, C4HCG said:

Wonder how many of the “others” are cancelling their celebrity cruises as we speak and booking Oceania who really should offer you a huge discount for your marketing efforts for them 👏👏👏

Saw many former Celebrity passengers on the Oceania Riviera including Paul Baya, the former Celebrity CD who was CD on the Riviera. His next ship might be the Oceania Vista.

On 5/23/2023 at 5:58 AM, caviargal said:

Oceania is a premium line.  I would choose an inside on O over anything on Celebrity, all day, every day.

Your price comparison is apples to oranges. 

O ships are 1000 persons max.  You are not inundated with photographers, sales of this and that.  Specialty dining is included.  There is no nickel and diming.

If you are looking for lower price, then you found it, but the two do not compare.

While I don't think I ever felt inundated, one thing I have noticed on RCI and Princess is a decline in staff hawking things like photos or speciality restnt deals.   It is still there if you want it, but much less visible.  On recent cruises, I haven't experienced staff roaming around trying to sell stuff near as much, if at all.   Seems the cruise lines got the message about aggressive onboard sales.