What hotel does HAL use for its Venice cruises out of Treiste Italy

wwinfl91

1 hour ago, freestyling said:

Perhaps a water taxi

I was thinking in terms that if they have dozens or more people staying there that are getting on the ship on a given day, they would need a serious transfer to land program.

Tour companies and cruise ships can rent large boats to "transport" groups of people around Venice and the environs. When I was in Venice (at the wonderful San Basilio port) on a small ship, they arranged for transports that could carry at least as many people as on a normal sized tour bus for certain excursions, such as to Murano and Burano.

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Tour companies and cruise ships can rent large boats to "transport" groups of people around Venice and the environs. When I was in Venice (at the wonderful San Basilio port) on a small ship, they arranged for transports that could carry at least as many people as on a normal sized tour bus for certain excursions, such as to Murano and Burano.

Thanks...that is what I was looking for.

HAL was offering 2 hotels for pre and post cruise.  One was the Hilton, on an island across the lagoon, and another right downtown, only steps away from St. Mark's Square.  I'm booked in that one, and yes, they will use a water taxi from the airport to the hotel, then another water taxi back to the bus area near the train station, and a bus ride to Trieste on the morning of the 11th.  All transfers to and from the hotel are included in the price.  I think I would prefer being downtown and not have to use a vaperetto every time I wanted to walk around Venice, which will be required with the Hilton.  Maybe the Hilton has a courtesy water taxi for guests??

17 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

They use the Hilton Molino Stucky Venice.

Most cruise companies use this hotel for Venice pre and post cruise. It is on an island on the lagoon across from Venice island but very accessible by water taxis that run between both. Most of the water taxis drop off right in front of St Mark's. Last year we spent 3 nights at the Savoia Jolanda hotel one block past of St Marks and loved it. They had a fantastic restaurant right on the lagoon.

Hotel Savoia & Jolanda | Hotel Savoia & Jolanda (hotelsavoiajolanda.com)

Edited by terrydtx

3 hours ago, mikebsxm said:

HAL was offering 2 hotels for pre and post cruise.  One was the Hilton, on an island across the lagoon, and another right downtown, only steps away from St. Mark's Square.  I'm booked in that one, and yes, they will use a water taxi from the airport to the hotel, then another water taxi back to the bus area near the train station, and a bus ride to Trieste on the morning of the 11th.  All transfers to and from the hotel are included in the price.  I think I would prefer being downtown and not have to use a vaperetto every time I wanted to walk around Venice, which will be required with the Hilton.  Maybe the Hilton has a courtesy water taxi for guests??

The hotel close to St. Mark's Square that I got through HAL was Hotel Bonvecchiati,  Calle Goldoni 4488, Venice, 30124, Italy.  Picture attached.  

Venice hotel.jpg

Just an FYI for those that may be booking a hotel on their own. We were in Venice for a week last October and had planned on staying at the Hotel NH Collection on Murano but decided instead on a hotel on the Fondamenta Cannaregio. Good thing as one morning the fog was so thick that the vaporettos were not traveling to Murano or Burano until late morning. I am sure the fog affected visitors arriving or departing from hotels on those islands.