TxTeach79's Pride LIVE 5/28: Post Drydock European Adventure!

TxTeach79

1 minute ago, Eli_6 said:

U don't need to fly nonstop.  U can't fly nonstop from d f w to bcn.  Just do carry on.  Not that hard.  If a family of 4 like us can do it, anyone can do it.  We have done it 2 summers in a row.  3 weeks and 3.5 weeks.  We even did formal clothes last year.

My family of four DH, me, DDs (19 & 22 at the time) did carryon and a backpack only for 11 days in Amsterdam and Paris.  Saved our butts when we had to run like rabbits through the Philadelphia airport to get to our gate for Amsterdam.  Barely got on the flight. We took the train a number of times and having just carryon made that so much easier.  Not sure if DH wants to bring a suit for our cruise out of Rome this October.  @Eli_6 does your DH pack a suit in his carry on?

• Like 1

I spent several hours and a couple of hundred euros this afternoon Shopping While Fat And Short at El Corte Ingles. Net haul after trying on a couple of dozen pants and tops: one top (black tee), one pair of pants (wide leg olive green crops that are full length on me), one nightgown, two pair of socks, and two pair of unmentionables. I was able to buy my husband underwear, tee shirt, sleep shirt, socks, and a shirt in about 15 minutes total. Life is not gender equitable where clothing is concerned.

I ran into 4 other victims of BA’s IT meltdown. One of them who is on a Celebrity cruise spent a little over €1500 in the women’s clothing designer department on some very nice stuff.

If the bags aren’t here tomorrow I’m hitting H&M, Zara, Primark, Uniqlo, C&A, and I may go back to El Corte Inglis and buy the €200 pair of perfectly ordinary black pants I tried on. At least they fit.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

U don't need to fly nonstop.  U can't fly nonstop from d f w to bcn.  Just do carry on.  Not that hard.  If a family of 4 like us can do it, anyone can do it.  We have done it 2 summers in a row.  3 weeks and 3.5 weeks.  We even did formal clothes last year.

@helloitsmeb are you listening to this 

• Haha 10

Just curious...if you purchase clothes, etc to go on the cruise and your bags show up at say...10am on embarkation day, will BA cover the cost?  I think they should but I wonder if anyone on CC knows how this goes?  Asking for a friend.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Just curious...if you purchase clothes, etc to go on the cruise and your bags show up at say...10am on embarkation day, will BA cover the cost?  I think they should but I wonder if anyone on CC knows how this goes?  Asking for a friend.

we sure hope so. They say they’re gonna cover $100 a day, but I don’t buy anything now

• Like 2

22 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

I don't know how you have managed to handle all these events and take it all in stride, bravo!

All I can think of is if it was me my poor, poor husband. Because no matter what everything would have somehow, someway all been his fault lol.

Reason #4 to never get married 🏴‍☠️

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’m not happy about that either. It’s all been noted! 💔

I was sworn to secrecy, you know, secret society stuff. Sending hugs your way! :classic_laugh:

Edited by Jamman54
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Yeah keep an eye out for “secret keeping” @Saint Greg he’ll be there soon or who knows…he might be secretly there now. 

I had a feeling something was up with him because of a couple of posts he made on the Tribe thread, like Sid couldn’t have timed it any better when Sid’s Scarlet Live review was posted, and another time when Greg said “must be nice to be in single digits.” I thought Hmmmm.

Edited by luvcruzing
  • Like 2