Lunch on embarkation day

Travelicious

3 hours ago, JintyGirl said:

Concierge lunch (for concierge class, B2B and zenith I believe) or Sushi on five (have to pay). For everyone else it’s buffet or a burger at the mast grill. 

Or, as pointed out above, Luminae if you're booked in a suite.

We eat off the ship whenever possible and can assure you if you go to yelp to find a nearby restaurant with 4 stars with at least 100 reviews, 99% chance those restaurants will be far better than anything open on the ship (except perhaps Luminae).  In X's most popular port of Port Everglades there are dozens of places close to the port

I'll share a hidden gem we stumbled upon in the Port Everglades area...Le Tub Saloon, it has a roof but is an open air dive bar, right on the back channel where we get to see yachts go by.  They have one burger, it's 13oz so huge and is $15...It just so happened to be awarded as the best burger by Oprah Magazine, Gayle King and GQ.  Even though we have to pay, we would much rather have a great tasting affordable lunch while watching yachts go by and hang out with locals than be eating in the buffet or MDR...This restaurant may not appeal to some and that's okay, the overall point is in most embarkation ports you can find a restaurant you will like better than what's offered on the ship

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

Right but the question is to NutsAboutGolf and his restaurant recommendation.  I’m curious, too.  Do you take it with you to the restaurant? Or maybe you are someone who drives to the port and the luggage is still in the car?

8 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

We eat off the ship whenever possible and can assure you if you go to yelp to find a nearby restaurant with 4 stars with at least 100 reviews, 99% chance those restaurants will be far better than anything open on the ship (except perhaps Luminae).  In X's most popular port of Port Everglades there are dozens of places close to the port

I'll share a hidden gem we stumbled upon in the Port Everglades area...Le Tub Saloon, it has a roof but is an open air dive bar, right on the back channel where we get to see yachts go by.  They have one burger, it's 13oz so huge and is $15...It just so happened to be awarded as the best burger by Oprah Magazine, Gayle King and GQ.  Even though we have to pay, we would much rather have a great tasting affordable lunch while watching yachts go by and hang out with locals than be eating in the buffet or MDR...This restaurant may not appeal to some and that's okay, the overall point is in most embarkation ports you can find a restaurant you will like better than what's offered on the ship

The funny thing is Le Tub only gets 3 stars on Yelp, which is indicative of a not so great restaurant.

I strongly recommend Sushi on five. Yes, it is pay for but most people don’t want a massive lunch as they want to save some appetite for dinner. You only pay for what you order so no set price. If you do a search you will find the menu so you can work out how much it will cost. There is a lot more than sushi on offer. It is a calm relaxing place, not usually over busy. You can simply order a few items to share and their cocktail menu is wonderful…I can’t remember its name but the mango one is wonderful! 

5 hours ago, linksgolf said:

The funny thing is Le Tub only gets 3 stars on Yelp, which is indicative of a not so great restaurant.

As I pointed out it is a dive bar, odds are a *4 will be a great experience but isn't a mandate

On 4/30/2023 at 7:17 PM, 69_Starship_420 said:
  • Ship:  Celebrity Beyond
  • Length of Cruise: 11 nights/12 days
  • Cruise Sail Date: June 5, 2023
  • Date email offer received: March 23, 2023
  • Captain’s Club Tier [“PREVIEW” = first Celebrity Cruise]: Select
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: Direct
  • Current Cabin: Edge Stateroom w/ Infinite Veranda (E2, 7137)
  • Bid?  Yes/No: Yes

If YES -  Bidding Details:

• Cabin Category: Sky Suite, AquaClass Sky Suite, Celebrity Suite, Royal Suite, Edge Villa
  • Bid Offer: S1: $2600, AS: $2600, CS: $3500, RS: $5000, EV: $5325
  • Notification Date: pending
  • Accepted / Rejected: pending

General Comments (offer details, etc.)

As of April 30, the whole cruise seems to be booked.  If Celebrity claims that they are offering bids on a certain category of stateroom, then do they have to give at least one of each of those types of stateroom to the highest bidder?  My theory is that they hold at least one stateroom of each category available for bidding to the highest bidder, and when booking, it will say that the room is occupied.  If the cruise line says that a certain stateroom category is available for bidding, then they should give at least one of the staterooms in that said category to the highest bidder, or else it will be considered false advertising.  I do not know much about marketing law, but advertising a service to people (Celebrity MoveUp) means that they should be required to give a stateroom in an offered category to the highest bidder.  If that is not the rule, then let's pray for the best.

17 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I think it is silly to pay the prices we do for cruses and then "eat off the ship whenever possible"

This poster also only cruises in Suites.  The food on the ship is excellent for 99% of the people who cruise Celebrity.  There are a couple of options on embarkation day and remember, this is only one meal where choices are limited.

• Like 1

So, see if I get this—-check out of hotel, leave suitcases there, cab to restaurant, cab back to hotel for luggage, cab to the ship.

or, check out of hotel, cab to the ship to leave suitcases, cab to the restaurant, cab back to the ship

either way seems like an incredible hassle. Never been to that restaurant but I hope it was worth it.

• Like 3