Move over offer

teh3505

I’m not understanding why so many companies are overbooking. Very bemusing

I can understand a flight overbooking (but still enormously frustrating if you get caught up in it at an airport)

Surely a cruise has far less no shows than any flight

as for system errors- do so many cruise lines use the same booking system? I’ve seen reports of NCL, P&O, Royal Caribbean, Princess and now Viking overbooking

Solo cruiser & got a rather generous move over offer. 2 yrs to take free replacement cruise / amt I paid for this one as refundable OBC on that cruise / $300 travel credit goes on & on

Talked to 2 friends (also solo cruisers) and we're all turning it down. Thing is by the time I've:

1. Arranged time

2. Gotten pet sitter -- also packed for Koda to go there

3. & house sitter (2 different sitters)

3. Booked transportation to airport

4. Packed

It's just not that enticing. I would take if it was from SF instead of LA during the summer .... but yeah, not this time. Looking forward to my Caribe balcony 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 3

Just got a move over offer for our 5 day Cabo.  Responded within 90 minutes and the offer was closed because they already got enough responses.  Was kinda bummed because we would have liked to get s 7 day Coastal for the small price we paid for the 5 day.  Oh well. Maybe another time

1 hour ago, mrstmaxx said:

Just got a move over offer for our 5 day Cabo.  Responded within 90 minutes and the offer was closed because they already got enough responses.  Was kinda bummed because we would have liked to get s 7 day Coastal for the small price we paid for the 5 day.  Oh well. Maybe another time

See you onboard .... we're meeting at Good Spirits Sunday morning at 9am.

Did you take the move down offer this morning? Move to inside room / free coastal cruise / obc (not sure how much as I deleted it rather fast. Not interested in an inside)

Adding: Why so many move overs / move downs by all the lines all of a sudden??

Edited by Ombud

• 1 month later...

Received an offer this morning.  Will decline, but am wondering if the free cruise could be one that I have already booked (but not paid for) in December, or whether it has to be a totally new booking.

15 minutes ago, theloo said:

Received an offer this morning.  Will decline, but am wondering if the free cruise could be one that I have already booked (but not paid for) in December, or whether it has to be a totally new booking.

yes! - call immediately if it's not too late

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, voljeep said:

yes! - call immediately if it's not too late

Thanks for your answer!  We're not taking the offer this time, but have a December cruise booked and are considering another for March.  If we get an offer in December, we might take it to pay for the March cruise 😍

• Like 3

Just now, theloo said:

Thanks for your answer!  We're not taking the offer this time, but have a December cruise booked and are considering another for March.  If we get an offer in December, we might take it to pay for the March cruise 😍

call and see, if you want, if a 'move down' offer would help.   Move down to a lower CAT cabin in exchange for future cruise credit - or refundable OBC - never hurts ... it's a phone call

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

call and see, if you want, if a 'move down' offer would help.   Move down to a lower CAT cabin in exchange for future cruise credit - or refundable OBC - never hurts ... it's a phone call

Who I would I call?  The move over offer only has email contact info.

On 5/21/2023 at 7:29 AM, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

I’m not understanding why so many companies are overbooking. Very bemusing

I can understand a flight overbooking (but still enormously frustrating if you get caught up in it at an airport)

Surely a cruise has far less no shows than any flight

as for system errors- do so many cruise lines use the same booking system? I’ve seen reports of NCL, P&O, Royal Caribbean, Princess and now Viking overbooking

They do this because people book a cruise & either cancel before final payment or don’t make final payment so Princess is considering a % of available staterooms because of this so they don’t leave with a ship not 100% full. 

I’m currently booked as a guaranteed as people cancel. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, voljeep said:

<deleted>.

Edited by Steelers36

Just got an offer from Moveover for Princess from Los Angeles July 6. But how do we know if we get accepted to the offer. I have a group of several rooms and if we cancel i want to make sure it all gets cancelled and not partial. They have no number to call just an email. Not sure if agent can help either

11 hours ago, theloo said:

I’ve been able to do that.  

9 hours ago, trbarton said:

They do this because people book a cruise & either cancel before final payment or don’t make final payment so Princess is considering a % of available staterooms because of this so they don’t leave with a ship not 100% full. 

I’m currently booked as a guaranteed as people cancel. 

Tom😀

Thank you. That makes sense now 😊 

4 hours ago, jameslee said:

Just got an offer from Moveover for Princess from Los Angeles July 6. But how do we know if we get accepted to the offer. I have a group of several rooms and if we cancel i want to make sure it all gets cancelled and not partial. They have no number to call just an email. Not sure if agent can help either

If they are not calling you, then they assume you are going to reply by email.

Is it just a yes or no acceptance?  Can you make any comments?  If you can comment, they should call you so you can give the cabin numbers involved.

Since it’s a holiday, it may be difficult to get anyone on the CS line to be able to help.  If it were me, I’d call the enroute line, since you’re so close to sailing and ask if someone working the move over could call you, if you’re willing to help.

Make sure to have all information of the other cabins available. 

The area code in Santa Clarita is 661, if you get a call from them.

This is why you don’t have a confirmation of your GTY cabin yet.

They really should be calling people, not emailing.  Maybe emailing is their first attempt?  Others have also stated they are getting move over emails.

Please keep us posted.