Boarding pass question

gizmodog

Do I have to print out the boarding pass for each of us going on this cruise? New to Holland America boarding, on celebrity we took our own security picture, we also could send our boarding pass to our wallet in our smart phone. I see no option for that with HAL. 

I don’t think the pass is complete yet as it does not have our arrival time yet. I really don’t want to print that out for all 6 of us.

Edited by gizmodog

It is useful to have both a printed Boarding Pass with a bar code, and one on a phone.  You only need to print the page with the bar code, not all the other pages.  Print it after the arrival time is shown.

We had to show our Boarding Pass multiple times at Florida’s Port Everglades: entering the terminal, within the terminal, and to get on the ship. You won’t have room key cards until you are onboard. They’ll be in your room mailbox. 

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 2

Yes, each passenger needs a boarding pass. No need to print the boarding passes until the bar code appears. Those with smartphones do have the ability to use the boarding pass in HAL's Navigator, but many also print a hard copy. Sometimes the system is down.

Is it necessary on HAL to take and insert our own security photos in order to get our bar-coded boarding passes? It's a pretty simple task, but for some reason I've had great difficulty accomplishing it on other lines where it's the standard procedure.

4 hours ago, gizmodog said:

Do I have to print out the boarding pass for each of us going on this cruise? New to Holland America boarding, on celebrity we took our own security picture, we also could send our boarding pass to our wallet in our smart phone. I see no option for that with HAL. 

When available, the boarding pass is on the Home Screen of the Navigator.  The option to add a security photo is also there.

52519232-5B32-4335-9713-274FED916EEE.thumb.jpeg.531adc1e99e74e8f4a6714bc59e92bad.jpeg

I take a screenshot of the boarding pass so I can bring it up on my photos if WiFi or internet is not available.  Have a great cruise!

Edited by *Miss G*

4 hours ago, POA1 said:

You don't have to print things, but we've been burned by network outages and software problems. We always carry paper back up.

I print the paper boarding pass because I don't want to be handling (and possibly dropping) my phone when I have my hands full with carry-on, purse, passport. 

• Like 2